Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe AA for Sonny Milano.
I too am speculating that this involves Milano, but I wouldn't trade AA for Milano 1-for-1. Milano is a severe downgrade from Arty.

I proposed this the other day:

To Chicago:
:hawks
-Alexander Wennberg
-Sonny Milano

To Columbus:
:cbj
-Artem Anisimov
-Brendan Perlini

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I too am speculating that this involves Milano, but I wouldn't trade AA for Milano 1-for-1. Milano is a severe downgrade from Arty.

I proposed this the other day:

To Chicago:
:hawks
-Alexander Wennberg
-Sonny Milano

To Columbus:
:cbj
-Artem Anisimov
-Brendan Perlini

That would be awesome for the Hawks IMO. Only one more week until the deadline, we’ll see where prices are going soon. If all we could get was Milano, I’d be fine with that too. He scores goals everywhere he goes. He’d be a good player to take a chance on and cheap.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is Columbus that done with Wennberg?
He's underperforming and is signed long term. I wouldn't be surprised if they want to get out of that contract. That being said, Stan doesn't seem too keen on lengthy contracts these days so I'm not sure he'd want it either.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’d take a chance on Milano. If Jackets add like 4th or something, it’s very good trade.
So Arty for Milano + 4th?

It's a bit risky, but if Kampf comes back and Arty is playing 4C, it's not like he has much value to us anyway. I guess I'd be cool with that.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Anisimov is a good player. I thought we’re trading him to get his contract and cap hit off the books, so trading for a player with term wouldn’t really fit that.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Boone Jenner still has value? I haven’t watched him in years but I was under the impression he hasn’t lived up to expectations

He's nearly a half-point-per-game guy this season, slightly better than Anisimov. He's also more physical and is slightly cheaper.

I'd say he probably has a bit more value than Anisimov.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anisimov is a good player. I thought we’re trading him to get his contract and cap hit off the books, so trading for a player with term wouldn’t really fit that.

Ideally, we could get a good young cheap player with upside. But if it comes down to it, swapping him for a younger player on a similar contract is probably still better than just giving him away for a 3rd.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if you can get a younger player in some type of package I am cool with it.

Wennberg or Milano would be ideal players we would target for Anisimov. Milano still has a lot of value with a shit ton of skill, he would look good here as well, but he is not good away from the puck and where the hell would we put him?? Milano - Toews - Kane?? not sure he would work there.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Ideally, we could get a good young cheap player with upside. But if it comes down to it, swapping him for a younger player on a similar contract is probably still better than just giving him away for a 3rd.

Yep, Boone Jenner is beyond ideal of a swap. We'd need to add sweetener to that though, only Chia would make that deal 1-for-1 from the Columbus perspective.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
if you can get a younger player in some type of package I am cool with it.

Wennberg or Milano would be ideal players we would target for Anisimov. Milano still has a lot of value with a **** ton of skill, he would look good here as well, but he is not good away from the puck and where the hell would we put him?? Milano - Toews - Kane?? not sure he would work there.

That'd be nice. Virtanen would fit there too, I think.

Don't know if they'd do it for Anisimov, but maybe Perlini+?

Reactions: AmericanDream

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I'd have to think that Columbus is after Anisimov which may help in resigning Panaran. Definitely would be some salary coming back. Like Columbus, I too think that if they trade for Anisimov that Panaran will resign there and they definitely don't want to lose Panaran.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'd have to think that Columbus is after Anisimov which may help in resigning Panaran. Definitely would be some salary coming back. Like Columbus, I too think that if they trade for Anisimov that Panaran will resign there and they definitely don't want to lose Panaran.
Panarin is adamant on hitting UFA - "you only live once" type messages, even if they get AA, I can't see him staying there..he is going to let the market demand his worth and hen pick which team he wants to play for..I would rather avoid giving them AA and I am with you in a sense that could help some...but I wish another team was in on AA hard, like Carolina reportedly might be...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not with Dzingel, Duchene and Stone on the block. I’m willing to bet all of those teams are looking at Ottawa tonight.

Unless they’re super into Hayden.
I'm sure most of those teams are here for Ottawa, but in the case of San Jose this is their 5th consecutive game scouting us. They've got their eyes on a Hawk.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
apparently Nashville seems to be all in on Duchene, Winnipeg in on Stone...not sure what SJ would want from us, they have a really good top 4 defense, but after that a bit thin...their forward group is pretty deep but Pavelski likely walks after this year and who knows with Jumbo what he does...maybe Saad would be a target, or shit even Kruger for a 4th line/pk role.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont know San Jose well but I don't have a clue who their center depth is. That wise they could be relying to decide of Kruger still has a playoffs value for them. Or a sight for AA I dont know

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I dont know San Jose well but I don't have a clue who their center depth is. That wise they could be relying to decide of Kruger still has a playoffs value for them. Or a sight for AA I dont know

Hertl and Couture are their main centers. Then they have Jumbo in a depth role. Could be Kruger or AA. But Saad would put that team over the top IMO. Saad and E. Kane on the left side would be tough to handle in the playoffs.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hertl and Couture are their main centers. Then they have Jumbo in a depth role. Could be Kruger or AA. But Saad would put that team over the top IMO. Saad and E. Kane on the left side would be tough to handle in the playoffs.
I mean how do they afford Saad if they want to keep Karlsson?? they have to reup Meier and LeBanc, and Meier is going to cost them a shit ton...I don't know what they do, but they have 21 mil in cap space without Karlsson, Pavelski, Thornton, Doonski, Meier, and LeBanc signed for next year..that isn't that great IMO.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
San Jose would seem a odd fit in terms of Anisimov. Considering his cap fit going forward. Just from the sense pavelski, Thornton, Karlsson all needing to be resigned.
I could be wrong but it wouldn't bother me one bit.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I mean how do they afford Saad if they want to keep Karlsson?? they have to reup Meier and LeBanc, and Meier is going to cost them a **** ton...I don't know what they do, but they have 21 mil in cap space without Karlsson, Pavelski, Thornton, Doonski, Meier, and LeBanc signed for next year..that isn't that great IMO.

After reading that, I change my mind about Saad, I think. Just can't figure out who SJ would be scouting - of course they could be looking at players to be considered down the road. It's a bit of a head scratcher to what's up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad