Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
exactly, which is what I said as well- if Boston really wants him then they better pony up Grz and Donato - a youngish top 4 dman -LD preferably and a real good young forward...you can make the case for Heinen over Donato, either would make sense...but outside of that no reason to move Saad if you want to compete NOW and next year...AA has the cap amount to move to give more flexibility here without hurting the team much when moved.
i think this is a little wishful thinking on the rtn. but hey i am with you.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The thing with Saad is he would have more value with 2 years left as opposed to just 1. Bowman needs to figure out if he wants to resign Saad or trade him before UFA. It seems like he is what he is and isn’t going to take a step up in production. So it comes down to whether or not Bowman wants Saad on this team for the 2020-21 season and beyond. If not, as soon as someone offers a return he likes, he will make the deal.
which is why I made the thread about what is our core - Saad was in NOBODY'S core, so we all seem to think he is very expendable..all I am saying like I am saying with Anisimov is for once we do not need to rush and make trades to remove cap...we have the room to not only survive but add from the outside for once. I agree that Saad likely isn't a player that we keep in 2 years, but for now unless the offers are close to what I stated above there is no need to trade him away. let's see what this off season brings, if we land one of the big fish then absolutely Saad becomes available and he can be moved over next season where I think his value still remains solid.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I know they won't trade him, but I'd love to do a Saad+ for Butcher trade.

Jersey in general could be a good partner to trade with regardless of who we move there. It'd be fun to acquire Jesper Boqvist so we can unite the bros.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
which is why I made the thread about what is our core - Saad was in NOBODY'S core, so we all seem to think he is very expendable..all I am saying like I am saying with Anisimov is for once we do not need to rush and make trades to remove cap...we have the room to not only survive but add from the outside for once. I agree that Saad likely isn't a player that we keep in 2 years, but for now unless the offers are close to what I stated above there is no need to trade him away. let's see what this off season brings, if we land one of the big fish then absolutely Saad becomes available and he can be moved over next season where I think his value still remains solid.

I agree wholeheartedly. There is no sense of urgency at all to move Saad before the TD. If a team wants to wow Bowman, then we take the deal now. Otherwise, it’s something we will address in the offseason. But no matter whether we get a big fish or not, if Saad isn’t going to be resigned, the offseason might be the best time to move him.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Anisimov and Perlini for Pracha and Wood......what you all have to say?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I know they won't trade him, but I'd love to do a Saad+ for Butcher trade.

Jersey in general could be a good partner to trade with regardless of who we move there. It'd be fun to acquire Jesper Boqvist so we can unite the bros.

Why would we want Butcher? It literally makes no sense to acquire him. We don't need more PMD like him. He has also regressed some this year.

Boqvist could fit here.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not with our pipeline plus Gus and Forsling.
Our pipeline? It's literally just Beaudin. Maaaaaaybe Carlsson.

Gus is a bottom pairing D. Don't care if his production is top pairing caliber. He plays defense like an AHLer. Forsling is garbage and should be moved. Do you truly believe Forsling is better than Butcher?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Our pipeline? It's literally just Beaudin. Maaaaaaybe Carlsson.

Gus is a bottom pairing D. Don't care if his production is top pairing caliber. He plays defense like an AHLer. Forsling is garbage and should be moved. Do you truly believe Forsling is better than Butcher?

Krys? Again AB plays his offside really well.

If Gus is a bottom pairing D then so is Butcher. It is like you have never really seen Butcher play.

Forsling will be better than Butcher in a year or two in my opinion. He has shown he has the ability to be really good defensively (he did this last year and the year before) and he skates well. He needs more time under JC and to stay healthy. Butcher is better now but I don't think he gets much better as he is already 24. Butcher is not as good this season.

Similar to calling Keith a cancer it seems like you don't know what you are talking about.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It makes no sense to turn down offers on AA and keep him but you are advocating that
I am not advocating to turn down offers - Bowman already apparently turned down an offer that he did not think was worth AA's value - there is a big difference between turning down good offers and not rushing into things just for the sake of it. take your time and see what comes our way, AA will be moved, we all know this, the only question is when and for what.

Reactions: Sir Loin and LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

If Gus is a bottom pairing D then so is Butcher. It is like you have never really seen Butcher play.

Forsling will be better than Butcher in a year or two in my opinion. He has shown he has the ability to be really good defensively (he did this last year and the year before) and he skates well. He needs more time under JC and to stay healthy. Butcher is better now but I don't think he gets much better as he is already 24. Butcher is not as good this season.

Similar to calling Keith a cancer it seems like you don't know what you are talking about.
Agreed. Butcher took a dump this year with the Devils, so yeah no thanks not interested in him with what we have coming. Bring in a better shutdown dman I can see, not another PMD, enough of that is on the way. Gus is doing more than enough to be more than an AHL level defender away from the puck while being elite with the puck.

Reactions: LDF

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Krys escaped my mind.

Forsling will never be better than Butcher. Bad take.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Krys escaped my mind.

Forsling will never be better than Butcher. Bad take.

He was better defensively last year so not a bad take. Butcher is better now but he has started to regress and is 2 years older. Give Forsling time and you should see him get back on track.

Butcher being better than Gus is the bad take, just like Keith being a cancer is a bad take or most of your attempts to trade Boqvist.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Agreed. Butcher took a dump this year with the Devils, so yeah no thanks not interested in him with what we have coming. Bring in a better shutdown dman I can see, not another PMD, enough of that is on the way. Gus is doing more than enough to be more than an AHL level defender away from the puck while being elite with the puck.
you know it is time to put the foot down and call it. while this quasi retool, reset or whatever it is, that was long needed 2 yrs earlier. well this team as an expiration date and this team can not fool around. i know i ranted this argument before and i was chastise on this site for stating it, well nothing has change in my eyes, actually it has gotten worse from the FO.

this team needs a top pairing d-men, well i will settle for 1 and that has to be a LHD. Kieth is not going to cut it. the point i would like to further explain is, that lhd-d-man needs to be experience. not a drafted one or a player that was recently drafted. it also doesn't need to be a huge big star.

that player will even do better if he is in the 26-30 with 2 yrs left before becoming a free agent. that will be ideal, but hey you can see the point i am making. he needs to be experience !!!

Reactions: ColdSteel2

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
you know it is time to put the foot down and call it. while this quasi retool, reset or whatever it is, that was long needed 2 yrs earlier. well this team as an expiration date and this team can not fool around. i know i ranted this argument before and i was chastise on this site for stating it, well nothing has change in my eyes, actually it has gotten worse from the FO.

this team needs a top pairing d-men, well i will settle for 1 and that has to be a LHD. Kieth is not going to cut it. the point i would like to further explain is, that lhd-d-man needs to be experience. not a drafted one or a player that was recently drafted. it also doesn't need to be a huge big star.

that player will even do better if he is in the 26-30 with 2 yrs left before becoming a free agent. that will be ideal, but hey you can see the point i am making. he needs to be experience !!!

We are already retooling honestly.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He was better defensively last year so not a bad take. Butcher is better now but he has started to regress and is 2 years older. Give Forsling time and you should see him get back on track.

Butcher being better than Gus is the bad take, just like Keith being a cancer is a bad take or most of your attempts to trade Boqvist.

Accurate, especially given his stance on Keith is based on a logical fallacy.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Someone else mentioned it first, but Hawks should look into Ryan Murray. He's the top 4 LHD we're looking for.

Keith-Seabs
Murray-Murphy
Dahlstrom-Gus
Koekkoek

Maybe Anisimov + Forsling could be the starting point

As a Hawks fan who lives in Columbus, your Wennberg idea was way more feasible.

Murray is finally looking like the 2nd overall pick he should have been. He has had a monster year and they will keep him and they will pay him. He is on the 1st pairing with Jones and belongs there.

Wennberg needs a change of scenery so hard. Seen a lot of regression and has struggled mightily this year, but has so much potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad