GDT: Trade Deadline February 24, 2020: post all ye info here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Bergevin is going to come out of the trade deadline holding nothing but his hooter as usual.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
One more small trade - thinking Thomson for a pick, a move for a reclamation project, or similar - and then it's done. No Price, Tatar, or Petry. A move for Graves or Zadorov will happen in the off-season, if ever.

That being said, hoping for a blow up and a new direction for the team.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Besides Nate Thompson I don’t see anybody else moving today.

We have to keep this core if we want to compete for the cup next season:sarcasm:

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
So d day is here and instead of storming the beach MB is going to put his faith in the ship hes on which is already sinking should be an interesting day

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin is not going anywhere. The timing makes it total BS. Let's think logically here. Why would the Avs waste a deadline transaction for a player who likely won't be useful until next year, when the injury heals? That does the Avs no good in this year's playoff push.

If anyone is interested in drouin, it would be more of a summer move at the earliest.
Poor JD, it's not an injury that makes him soft, it's his brain....we are stuck with this guy...it's da Bergevin Way.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I heard Petry's speculation has died. Still ongoing discussions concerning Tatar to Calgary and Domi/Drouin to Colorado. We'll see but my hopes are shrinking fast.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Honestly a 3rd round pick is more like a gift than anything. They gave Kovalchuk a chance to compete for the cup because in the grand scheme it is not worth much. And yes I am aware he was got for free and it's "free" asset.
More like a gift? Let me ask you. It's your birthday. Your parents give you a lotto ticket as a gift. How do you feel about it?

Well that's what that 3rd is. A lotto ticket.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I heard Petry's speculation has died. Still ongoing discussions concerning Tatar to Calgary and Domi/Drouin to Colorado. We'll see but my hopes are shrinking fast.

I would have thought it was kovy to colorado. Based on the return mb settled for for him, i suspect colorado were not interested in kovy. So that means the players they are interested in are still there to be had. But it seems like mb is pushing for pkayers they're reluctant to give up..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Will MB do another PC this afternoon, that makes him look more stupid than previous years?

Rinse and repeat is his fave flavour....

I'm sure he will... message will be we don't want to sell cause the players want to win next year. :laugh:

How does it look down the road by not selling at this deadline (Petry and Tatar types)? Seems like we are missing out on an opportunity for sure

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would have thought it was kovy to colorado. Based on the return mb settled for for him, i suspect colorado were not interested in kovy. So that means the players they are interested in are still there to be had. But it seems like mb is pushing for pkayers they're reluctant to give up..

Speculating here... Habs asked Kovalchuk to sign and he said he wants to try to win a cup this year. They agreed to trade him to a team of his choice and he would circle back to the Habs on July 1st? He said the Caps and Bergevin made it happen for him.

Funny thing is there is no conditional pick if he re signs? That's the strange part to me

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I have a bad feeling Bergevin will do f*ck all tomorrow... So tired of mediocrity.
That's total BS and you know it. He'll do a few hundred curls with 40 pound weights, flex his muscles at his new girlfriend, gel his hair and have a PC where he tells the local media that making the playoffs, like making a trade, is hard.

Maybe this year just to change things up, he'll remove his shirt and beat up one of the reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad