GDT: Trade Deadline February 24, 2020: post all ye info here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
signing Kovalchuk also probably brought us 3-4 wins that we wouldn’t have had, which lowered our first round pick.

So yes we picked up a pick for him, but we also lost lottery ground because of him.

6 points is what, 3 or 4 places in the draft order? 7th to 11th, say. A 3rd could be used to trade up one spot, perhaps?

anyway, good point. Better off if they never signed him. I didn’t see other bottoms feeders acquiring players for a push because they knew it wasn’t there year.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Is Hudon going to be packaged this year? He's burning the AHL and will probably never get another chance at the big club. Don't think Hudon will be happy being a career AHLer...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is Hudon going to be packaged this year? He's burning the AHL and will probably never get another chance at the big club. Don't think Hudon will be happy being a career AHLer...

I hope not. He has great chemistry with KK and Evans. They need to let those three finish the year together.

Reactions: Gravity

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure if you heard, but apparently New Jersey(who also has terrible LHD depth) turned down Hanifin+ for Hall but gambled on prospects instead. Could mean that Hanifin isn't as expensive as we think.

Which for me, as someone who would welcome acquiring him, tells me that he's a buy-low and I'd be asking for him in a potential deal with the Flames.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Ok, so we are sellers at the deadline. What about the Rocket? Selling Habs assets might kill any hope for Rocket playoffs. Yeah, Barber and Varone are gone, but trading away more players from the main team will mean even more call-ups from Laval. What should MB do with the Rocket? Could he be a seller in the NHL but a buyer in the AHL? Is it worth it? (Probably not)

Reactions: Andrei79

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004

Is Mike Commodore at all credible when it comes to trade rumours?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Is Mike Commodore at all credible when it comes to trade rumours?

He called a lot of things right July 1st and at the TDL.

Hes been wrong too.

There's been a lot of smoke around Price, so likely there are talks, but I'm not sure how much there's anything that will go through before the summer, if anything ever happens.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He called a lot of things right July 1st and at the TDL.

Hes been wrong too.

There's been a lot of smoke around Price, so likely there are talks, but I'm not sure how much there's anything that will go through before the summer, if anything ever happens.
Commodore isn't an insider of any type. He's a former player who likes trolling and thinks he's funny. Nothing he says has any weight behind it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Commodore isn't an insider of any type. He's a former player who likes trolling and thinks he's funny. Nothing he says has any weight behind it.

Probably, but I remember around half of his signings and trades from July 1st and the last TDL being true.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Yeah such a big trade would probably happen during the summer, except it would be quite a shock if it would happen the night of the draft in Montreal!

It is the first time that Price name appears in "more serious" trade rumours around the league, right?

Reactions: Andrei79

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
He’s now saying Drouin to AVs... I don’t see him as credible - though I think he broke the Bogosian signing

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
But isn’t Drouins value at a very low point right now for a contender considering he is still recovering from two injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->