GDT: Trade Deadline February 24, 2020: post all ye info here

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Petr
I'm sure he will... message will be we don't want to sell cause the players want to win next year. :laugh:

How does it look down the road by not selling at this deadline (Petry and Tatar types)? Seems like we are missing out on an opportunity for sure
Petry's value will never be higher,sell sell sell !

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
That's total BS and you know it. He'll do a few hundred curls with 40 pound weights, flex his muscles at his new girlfriend, gel his hair and have a PC where he tells the local media that making the playoffs, like making a trade, is hard.

Maybe this year just to change things up, he'll remove his shirt and beat up one of the reporters.
:laugh::laugh:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I heard Petry's speculation has died. Still ongoing discussions concerning Tatar to Calgary and Domi/Drouin to Colorado. We'll see but my hopes are shrinking fast.

Of Tatar and Petry...Tatar is definitely the more likely to be traded IMO.

I'm still expecting nothing major today.

Maybe he blows it up in the summer, but I doubt it.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That's total BS and you know it. He'll do a few hundred curls with 40 pound weights, flex his muscles at his new girlfriend, gel his hair and have a PC where he tells the local media that making the playoffs, like making a trade, is hard.

Maybe this year just to change things up, he'll remove his shirt and beat up one of the reporters.

I hope it's Engels.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

****in' A, take it all out on Renaud. Show him la voie with two big right hands to the skull. ;)

More seriously, maybe we get some news from Lebrun today on Bergevin's data plan. Working those phones really, really haaaaw-d.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

He won't blow it all up... he's got 2 years in term left after this season and making the playoffs is how he saves his job. However, what is Molson thinking?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Chances are we are done. Aside from UFAs, the likeliest to go in my view is Domi.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think we'll have to wait to next season to see any kind of spring cleaning in Habsland. That's just completely dumb: With the expansion draft coming up, GMs will just throw everyone on the trade market effectively lowering prices to clearance sales level.

Reactions: habsfan891

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Speculating here... Habs asked Kovalchuk to sign and he said he wants to try to win a cup this year. They agreed to trade him to a team of his choice and he would circle back to the Habs on July 1st? He said the Caps and Bergevin made it happen for him.

Funny thing is there is no conditional pick if he re signs? That's the strange part to me

Yeah I definitely was surprised there was no conditional pick if he re-signs with WAS.

Perhaps we'll get a better read on the possibilities of him re-signing at the press conference today at 10:45am...

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I think we'll have to wait to next season to see any kind of spring cleaning in Habsland. That's just completely dumb: With the expansion draft coming up, GMs will just throw everyone on the trade market effectively lowering prices to clearance sales level.
But it's all part of the plan. Next year we have a core to make the playoffs!
The ambiance on this board is at its lowest. When you get let down years after years, you don't get your hopes too high. I'm ready for another let down today!

Reactions: Roadhouse

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Imagine the outrage if Habs pick someone up

I could just see them grabbing Gustafson from Chicago.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Agreed. Bergy seems to prefer the relaxed atmosphere of the summer to make his trades. Thompson will get traded, for a 3rd or 4th, but that's about it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I definitely was surprised there was no conditional pick if he re-signs with WAS.

Perhaps we'll get a better read on the possibilities of him re-signing at the press conference today at 10:45am...

There is a press conference today that early? That tells me we are done making trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad