Trade deadline deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Eriksson Ek is my fantasy. Tuch could maybe happen. Probably a '17 first though.

1st plus Graovac. Graovac gonna be involved I think. Would make sense since he cleared waivers recently and since we're gonna need a Center.

I don't want Ek. See him as LW, not C. Also looked off this season. The only LW I'd want over a 1st rounder would be Kaprizov. One heck of a prospect.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I predicted this some time ago. It is inevitable. They damaged themselves by not trading him this summer.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Reeks of Dave tippet. Duclair is not a tippet player IE actually has offensive talents

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Let's ruin his value via misuse, then trade him, when his value is going to be the lowest it's gonna be for the next 10 years.

Top notch asset management.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
They probably saw Tomas Jurco (who is older and has been worse this year throughout his career) bring back a 3rd and figured they might as well see what's out there. I don't think Duclair moves without a decent return though.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
They probably saw Tomas Jurco (who is older and has been worse this year throughout his career) bring back a 3rd and figured they might as well see what's out there. I don't think Duclair moves without a decent return though.

You're missing quite a lot here.

1.) Excellent two way guy
2.) Former 2nd rounder
3.) Played well under Babcock. Struggles started when Blashill took over

Don't think Duclair is worth more than Jurco. Not now. And that's why it doesn't make sense to move him now. Has to prove he can play in the NHL and that last season with his ridiculous shooting percentage wasn't just a fluke. Jurco is a proven NHLer who just failed to make the last step because he didn't manage to get along with his coach.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Let's ruin his value via misuse, then trade him, when his value is going to be the lowest it's gonna be for the next 10 years.

Top notch asset management.

And maybe there was a reason why his name suddenly came up as being an add to consummate the Yandle deal.

I am still not certain where all this talk is coming from. He had a good year last year. Regressed this year. Maybe he needs a wake-up call to put the work in.

Right now, he looks like he is somewhere in between his AHL stint and his rookie year, talent-wise. He may have a season or two of 60+ points, but honestly, his play has been reminiscent of an offensive version of Korpikoski. Remember how that went when we tried Korpi on the 2nd line to fill the gaps left by departures in free agency? But we apparently have to sacrifice for Duclair and give the guy many more minutes and play him with Domi in the most favorable situations?? He is basically proving (before our very eyes) that he is a 3rd line wing with offensive upside, but then everyone complains about his TOI as a... 3rd line wing with offensive upside. :dunno:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
2 points for Vrbata last night. Hard to see how he doesn't command the same deal as Eaves if not more.

Vrbata
Stats: 15-31-46 (0.75 pts/gp)
Contract: 1mil + 1.25 bonuses

Eaves
Stats: 21-16-37 (0.63 pts/gp)
Contract: 1 mil

Career wise, Vrbata is at 600 pts to Eaves' 227, so it's not like the team getting Vrbata is getting a guy on a career year either.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Whew good. Thought I was the only one that didn't know French...

Lol. He usually posts his tweets in English after the french ones too, for the record.

So Duclair is being shopped.

So I know most of you here really don't want to move Duclair, which I get. However, IF, IF he were to be moved, what would be the positions of needs in the organization? Or would it just be picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad