Trade deadline deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
With the deadline only a few weeks away just wondering who will go and for what? Hanzel, stone, and vrbrata are certainly going to be traded and possibly doan. Don't think duclair or white will go due to there low trade value.

For me Hanzels worth a first + prospect or a really good young 2nd line player with the chance to grow to a first liner, possible may have to be a conditional first rounder depending if he resigns with trading team.

Stone Iam thinking a 2nd rounder and not much else.

Radim will fetch 2nd or 2 3rds for me.

Doaner will (if) he goes fetch a prospect or 3rd round

And anything after that will be interesting to see.... thoughts anyone on these possible deals

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would really, really like to resign Hanzal. Hanzal, Dvorak, Strome and Richardson make up a very good stable of centers.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hanzal and Stone should fetch a late 1st each, or an equivalent prospect each. Vrbata should return a late 2nd or equivalent prospect. Doan should get a late 3rd. This all assumes some retention or taking back a bad but expiring contract in each deal.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I would really, really like to resign Hanzal. Hanzal, Dvorak, Strome and Richardson make up a very good stable of centers.

I dunno. I could go either way. If Hanzal could get us a really good return, I'd be okay with trading him. He misses too many games for me to say he's indispensable to us.

That said, I would not be averse to resigning him long-term either.

I guess that's a good problem to have...?

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I would resign Vrbatta, he is reasonable and his playstyle is more conducive to aging well, 2 or 3 years max.

Hanzel I would expect a 1st and a prospect

Stone is situational, you would need 2 teams to get in a bidding war, I could see a 1st or 2 3rds, depending on the interest, his production this year has been meh, probably due to his recovery. these things often take a year to rebuild all the strength and agility.

Doan I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for future considerations if he gets to go where he wishes, I would also retain salary and even take a contract back expiring this year. Any other player I would want to maximize return but for Doan I think we owe him the cup shot even if we have to take a loss to do so.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Hanzal is a prize acquisition, perfect for a playoff run. All 16 teams should be interested. I'd hope they can get a good young player with a late 1st or 2nd.

His injury history isnt problematic for the Yotes in terms of re-signing him as it will only create opportunities for Dvorak, Strome, Keller and McInnis to play up a line until Hanzal returns. We just need a coach that subscribes to that theory instead of plugging in Holland in the top line..

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doan to Sharks for 4th in 2017 and a 2nd in 2019

Hanzal, Vrbata, Connaughton for Debrincat, 2nd rounder, Pokka, and Rasmussen

Stone to Toronto for two seconds

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Next years draft is already looking much better than this years, If they are acquiring any picks it would smart value wise to get 2018 ones.

rt

May 13, 2004
Absolutely. Especially on assets heading to Chicago

Id be fine with DeBrincat and Pokka as a return for Hanzal, even though Pokka isn't all that interesting to me and I believe he's expansion draft eligible. I'd prefer a different piece but I'm okay with that. The 2nd is fine as a return for Vrbata. I don't have any feeelings at all about Connauton or Rasmussen other than I'd prefer to have neither. So overall, it's fine for me.

The Doan and Stone trades are no-brainers but also not completely unrealistic. I could see both and I'd be happy with both.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Wonder if Chicago would go for Debrincat and a first for Hanzal.

Not real big on Pokka.

Stone for a 1st

Vrbata for a 2nd

Doan to LA for a 5th

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Wonder if Chicago would go for Debrincat and a first for Hanzal.

Not real big on Pokka.

Stone for a 1st

Vrbata for a 2nd

Doan to LA for a 5th

Draft is in Chicago so it would have to be a 2018 1st. Possibly but they might want to tinker next year as well.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Draft is in Chicago so it would have to be a 2018 1st. Possibly but they might want to tinker next year as well.

Ah, makes sense. How high are they on Debrincat? Wonder if I should throw it on the main board.

Is hanzal worth a 1st and Debrincat? Or is a 2nd feesible instead of the 1st?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ah, makes sense. How high are they on Debrincat? Wonder if I should throw it on the main board.

Is hanzal worth a 1st and Debrincat? Or is a 2nd feesible instead of the 1st?

Debrincat is trigger man for Strome in Erie.

Will Hanzal net a A prospect and future first? Possible. That's our ask of Montreal. A prospect, 1St, +. Better the prospect the worse the pick. If we love Debrincat we might take it at the deadline.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Threw it out there on the boards. Went with a 2nd rather the 1st. I think Debrincat and a 2nd is equal value for Hanzal especially on an expiring deal.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I'd be ecstatic if we landed Debrincat and a 2nd for Hanzal retained at 50%.

rt

May 13, 2004
Threw it out there on the boards. Went with a 2nd rather the 1st. I think Debrincat and a 2nd is equal value for Hanzal especially on an expiring deal.

I think you'll be swiftly shot down. That's likely too much for Hanzal alone. Adding Vrbata (also at 50%) with the only other valuable addition from Chicago being Pokka is what would likely make it more appealing. The original hbk proposa is more likely, IMO.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I don't think we'll actually get a richer return than hbk has proposed. For any of our rental assets.

It helps that, at this point, only the Avs and Coyotes are firmly out of it. Should be a sellers' market. I also think with such a weak draft, teams might be a little more willing to shed 2017 picks (and more likely than usual to cling to 2018 picks).

I have no clue what to expect from any individual trade, though it does seem likely that each player could bring back more on his own than in a package.

When the dust settles, I'd expect the Coyotes to have added a solid prospect with some warts (similar to where Wood was when the Coyotes acquired him or where Perlini was coming into this year), a late first or early 2nd, and then an assortment of 3rd-or-later picks, longshot prospects, and underwhelming roster players.

As of now, I believe the Coyotes have all their picks, swapping their 6th rounder with San Jose's from the Letunov deal. (I think by letting Plotnikov walk, the Coyotes don't owe the Penguins their 7th). So 7 picks as of now. If I had to guess, I'd say they go into draft day with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and 9 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad