Trade deadline deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
A 3rd rounder for Stalberg? Price for Vrbata just increased.

Chayka should do/has to do really well with Vrbata. He is almost the perfect gamble in light of this season's performance, his experience and his salary. Fingers crossed.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
So if some team offers a first for Vrbata, but Shane Doan requests a trade what do you do?

Only one retention spot left right?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So if some team offers a first for Vrbata, but Shane Doan requests a trade what do you do?

Only one retention spot left right?

Tell Shane that it's nice to want things. If you're not going to make it easier for management by telling them ahead of time, get lost.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Accommodate Doan. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I think he's earned the right to decide if he wants to get traded or not pretty much whenever he wants.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm all for letting him write his ticket out of town at the expense of the return on his deal (Ie. Doan for 7th rndr and/or FC) if that is his desire.
No way I turn down a 1st rounder and cancel another deal to accommodate him leaving. Not the same thing.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm all for letting him write his ticket out of town at the expense of the return on his deal (Ie. Doan for 7th rndr and/or FC) if that is his desire.
No way I turn down a 1st rounder and cancel another deal to accommodate him leaving. Not the same thing.

Short of straight up adding value to him or taking negative value, I'd accommodate him, even in the above situation. He's done and meant so much for this franchise he deserves it IMO.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Nope. Not giving up a first so I can also pay someone to let Shane Doan play there. Taking a way a deal for a 1st and retaining IS negative value. I'd give him away for nothing, but I'm not crippling other aspects of roster management to accommodate him. Especially to the tune of a 1st.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Short of straight up adding value to him or taking negative value, I'd accommodate him, even in the above situation. He's done and meant so much for this franchise he deserves it IMO.

Waiting until the very last moment is insulting to the franchise when you're the captain and a grown ass man with a family.

I think it would take them trading Smith to get him to want to leave and we know that's not happening.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Nope. Not giving up a first so I can also pay someone to let Shane Doan play there. Taking a way a deal for a 1st and retaining IS negative value. I'd give him away for nothing, but I'm not crippling other aspects of roster management to accommodate him. Especially to the tune of a 1st.
Fair enough, and for literally any other player in franchise history I agree, just not Doan.
Waiting until the very last moment is insulting to the franchise when you're the captain and a grown ass man with a family.

I think it would take them trading Smith to get him to want to leave and we know that's not happening.

It's extremely unlikely for all the reasons you listed above. It would be very undoanlike, and I don't see it happening, but as I've said before I think what he's done for the team means he can do pretty much whatever.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Highly unlikely anyone offers a first for Vrbata and I also don't think Doan gets traded.

Patrick Eaves got a conditional first. If Vrbata doesn't bring back a 1st rounder, he's bringing back a package of similar value.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Eaves already had his playoff beard grown. That's a lot of playoff mojo. :sarcasm:

Eaves + Beard= Conditional 1st

Beardless Vrbata= ????

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Eaves contract a little easier to accommodate. Temper expectations. 2nd rounder or multiple 3rds type deal.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Any interest in Sobotka (blues) or Nikushkin? Both have to be protected despite being in KHL. Cost is pennies on the dollar prior to expansion.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Any interest in Sobotka (blues) or Nikushkin? Both have to be protected despite being in KHL. Cost is pennies on the dollar prior to expansion.

Nichushkin yes but we all know how well Dave Tippett does with players that require a little patience. Hell, trade Goligoski back to Dallas.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Neither has to come back. Are they going to come back to play in limbo or QC? That'd be the major question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad