Trade deadline deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Smitty and Tippett are bosum buddies. Their wives are besties. I can't imagine anyone taking the contract or us replacing him as the starter.

CoyotesFan18

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Brian Lawton: Hearing teams have cooled a bit on Radim Vrbata due to playoff bonuses of $250K per round and salary cap implications.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Brian Lawton: Hearing teams have cooled a bit on Radim Vrbata due to playoff bonuses of $250K per round and salary cap implications.

Non-issue for most teams. They would have known that ahead of calling the Coyotes. Lawton just being used as a sounding board for someone.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No way it's a non issue for contending team looking at the possibility of over a million in salary Cap space for a rental. Half the teams in the League can't take that on without shedding someone.
Non-issue for most teams. They would have known that ahead of calling the Coyotes. Lawton just being used as a sounding board for someone.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No way it's a non issue for contending team looking at the possibility of over a million in salary Cap space for a rental. Half the teams in the League can't take that on without shedding someone.

Bonuses can be overages. It's just a question of someone who thinks A) Vrbata will help, and B) thinks the price of moving a small hit in potential overages to next year is worth it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I know but I also highly doubt anyone thinking they can win would be willing to take a million dollar Cap hit for Vrbata. No way he brings that much to the table for a contending team without it being an issue.
Bonuses can be overages. It's just a question of someone who thinks A) Vrbata will help, and B) thinks the price of moving a small hit in potential overages to next year is worth it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah. I can't imagine anyone wanting a 60pt forward if it potentially costs them a million dollars in cap... :help:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Name me a contending team that puts Vrbata on their 1st line and has a million in Cap space to throw away? Cause that's how he got 60 pts, he plays 3rd line on most contenders. Now what assets do you think they give up for that chance?
Yeah. I can't imagine anyone wanting a 60pt forward if it potentially costs them a million dollars in cap... :help:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
and he's more like a just under 50 point forward in an average basis. It just happens that Tippet makes him better than any other coach!!!

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Any retention applies to both salary and bonuses.

It's minimal. He's owed about $250,000 on the season. The bonuses, if you win the Cup, amount to 2 fourth-liners.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Have seen from multiple Tampa twitter people that the Bolts could move Filppula. Hope we take a peak.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wonder how infatuated we are with McCarron. Would the Habs put him on the board for Vrbata? They wouldn't do Mac+1+cond for Hanzal, but this is a lesser price.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Pokka would be nice, and would allow us more flexibility with DeAngelo or Wood.

Main thing with Pokka is that he's not Expansion exempt. Likely that Chicago would be losing Pokka or TVR to Vegas. Also this is the last season of waiver exemptions for Pokka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad