Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Scherbak/Mccarron, Eller, Tinner, Fucale + 1st 2015 for:

Eberle
or
Kessel

How could either team deny that offer, we would be overpaying, but I wouldn't mind it.

I would puke if the team paid that for Eberle. At least Kessel is a gamebreaker.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think everyone agrees he's no leader. But, he doesn't have to be in Montreal. It's a high price to pay for a goal scorer, but we need goals.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't believe we'll get him.

Somehow we don't need goals in Montréal. I hear that we totally prefer Bournival work ethic to Kessel, hence Kessel is not needed.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can someone translate for us uni-lingual?

Michaël Bournival vient de passer dans le lobby. Semblait lui aussi se diriger vers l'autobus de l'équipe

Bournival is going to take the bus with the team.

Je ne veux pas vous alarmer, mais les seuls joueurs pas encore croisés sont Desharnais, Gallagher, Galchenyuk et DSP

The only guys who are yet to be seen are DD, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and DSP.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Can someone translate for us uni-lingual?

Those four haven't been seen in the lobby (where they presumably wait before boarding the bus/plane), and thus, might be on the move.

Ghost of Saku

Jul 2, 2006
Montreal
If we land Eberle you can bet your a$$ that Gallagher goes the other way in the deal. Not saying I love this - I just have a feeling

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Can we squash the notion that Tinordi has some great value? I mean I have no connections to anyone in the know, but we're talking about a guy that was drafted 5 years ago that has yet to win a regular NHL spot. I can't believe his value would be anything more than a 2nd round pick. Anything can happen in the future but right now he's an AHL Dman. Brett Connolly was drafted 6th in 2011 and was dealt for two draft picks. Let's look at the facts before we talk and not deal in hypotheticals.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Toronto in large part is where they are because they have spent so much building around a guy who doesn't feel the need to constantly be improving his game.

There's nothign ridiculous about it.

There is no hate on my part.

Some guys have high end skill and spend their careers working at trying to get the rest of their game to the best level possible.

Kessel has shown time and time and time again he is not one of those players.

He is happy to go out there and score his goals.

Everything else? That's not his problem.

There's a whole lot of excuse making going on in here for Kessel.

Players in his position get all of the praise when their team does well, yet some in here are reluctant to place any of the blame when things don't go well.

"Oh it's not Kessels' fault, he's on a bad team".

He chose to re-sign on that bad team.

He constantly chooses to be the first off the ice in practice.

Who knows where Toronto might be today if Kessel had taken the same type of approach to his game that Pacioretty has in the last few years.

Imagine that kind of high end talent going out there and setting an example for the rest of the team defensively?

Kessel is a massive part of the problem in Toronto right now.

Rebuild around Kessel? If you think they've been trying to build around Kessel, then you must see they've done a terrible job surrounding him.
Who do you think is better at moving the puck up to you, Markov - PK or Phaneuf - Franson?
Who do you think you can let you cheat a bit more? Bernier/Reimer or Price?

Toronto is where it is because their team sucks and they don't suck because Kessel doesn't score. They do because their Defense and Goaltending are horrible.

HabsDieHard*

I think everyone agrees he's no leader. But, he doesn't have to be in Montreal. It's a high price to pay for a goal scorer, but we need goals.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't believe we'll get him.

This is the main issue.

That is not a selling point on a player making as much as he is.

That he wouldn't have to be a leader in Montreal is not part of the reason why thye shold trade for him.

You want guys like Kessel to be one of your leaders.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
If we land Eberle you can bet your a$$ that Gallagher goes the other way in the deal. Not saying I love this - I just have a feeling

Then MB will turn the deal down. Obviously Eberle is a better player than Gallagher, but you don't move a character player like Gallagher before your cup run.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
You never know what the future holds. Habs have been lucky with injuries and whether they deserve it or not, keep winning. Can Bergevin afford not to make a big move?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Those four haven't been seen in the lobby (where they presumably wait before boarding the bus/plane), and thus, might be on the move.

Galchenyuk will not be traded. Gallagher could during the summer... the other 2 are available... but we should not read anything into that. Players are removed from the team when they're traded... wherever or whenever that is.

So far, no trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad