GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

You're being a little ridiculous with the Kessel hate. Toronto is a terrible team because they suck not because Kessel likes to eat donuts and doesn't give a crap about the media.

Kessel is one of the best snipers in the game. Having him and Patches would be insanely good.

Toronto in large part is where they are because they have spent so much building around a guy who doesn't feel the need to constantly be improving his game.

There's nothign ridiculous about it.

There is no hate on my part.

Some guys have high end skill and spend their careers working at trying to get the rest of their game to the best level possible.

Kessel has shown time and time and time again he is not one of those players.

He is happy to go out there and score his goals.

Everything else? That's not his problem.

There's a whole lot of excuse making going on in here for Kessel.

Players in his position get all of the praise when their team does well, yet some in here are reluctant to place any of the blame when things don't go well.

"Oh it's not Kessels' fault, he's on a bad team".

He chose to re-sign on that bad team.

He constantly chooses to be the first off the ice in practice.

Who knows where Toronto might be today if Kessel had taken the same type of approach to his game that Pacioretty has in the last few years.

Imagine that kind of high end talent going out there and setting an example for the rest of the team defensively?

Kessel is a massive part of the problem in Toronto right now.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would take Kessel if Toronto eats at least 33% of his salary. He would put the Habs on another level with his skill set!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I'm really hoping a top 6 forward can be brought in. Names like Eller, Tinordi, Fucale apparebtly in play. Don't know if I see that being enough though.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
You guys think the Habs are done today?

As much as it was cool to grab Petry and depth for our bottom 6, we really need a top 6 scoring threat. I'll be glad with the acquisition of Petry. But I'll be disappointed that he didn't address our deepest need. Though, I know he's looking into it and trying to get a deal done for a top 6. He did it last year. And he's proving to be attempting his best to improve our team.

Deep down, I really want a top 6. I don't think MB is done. I don't know if he can pull off a top 6. I hope he can.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 2 minil y a 2 minutes
#Habs Michaël Bournival vient de passer dans le lobby. Semblait lui aussi se diriger vers l'autobus de l'équipe

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Honestly

it just seems like bergevin will spend the next 3 hours trying to shed some weight

depth is good but, ..it does seem like were a LITTLE clogged..

dont let me down big guy

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 1 minil y a 1 minute
#Habs Je ne veux pas vous alarmer, mais les seuls joueurs pas encore croisés sont Desharnais, Gallagher, Galchenyuk et DSP #rumeurs #rigueur

Of course not...he's riding with Therrien in a limo..;)

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
You might want to look at Kessel's contract....he's out of shape now, how about in 2022 :amazed:

He doesn't turn 30 before 3 years... then we'll see. But, yeah that's a concern, but if he gets us a Cup I don't mind.

HabsDieHard*

Honestly

it just seems like bergevin will spend the next 3 hours trying to shed some weight

depth is good but, ..it does seem like were a LITTLE clogged..

dont let me down big guy

Yeah pretty obvious that there is more coming from Montreal today.

Might not be the big ticket acquisition we all want, but there's definitely some more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad