GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I don't think we land a top 6 forward without giving up one of McCaron or Scherbak. I don't see MB moving any of those two, so yeah, I think we're done for today. Maybe another depth move.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dave's Insanity Sauce? Not a huge fan of it. To me it's hot for the sake of being hot. I don't really like the flavour.

http://fymhotsauce.com they make great sauce. I bought a bottle on Kickstarter after seeing a Read-it AMA. It's nearly done, but the shipping is so expensive to Canada. I dunno if i'll buy more. :(

Just the mild Dave's sauce. I'm not good with heat.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 2 minil y a 2 minutes
#Habs Michaël Bournival vient de passer dans le lobby. Semblait lui aussi se diriger vers l'autobus de l'équipe

Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 1 minil y a 1 minute
#Habs Je ne veux pas vous alarmer, mais les seuls joueurs pas encore croisés sont Desharnais, Gallagher, Galchenyuk et DSP #rumeurs #rigueur

Can someone translate for us uni-lingual?

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
If we're done we would have add a 3rd line RW (DSP) and a 4th D. Not bad with Beaulieu and DLR stepping up lately. Still a little bit short on offense but I guess we can compete with rest of the East.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I wonder if we are done?

Pieces could be in place for one big move at this point, but it ultimately takes two to tango. A defenseman, a forward, a prospect, and a 1st could be put together at this point and our NHL level depth would barely get dented.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'm thinking possibly Bergy trading for Belesky(LW) and Eberle(RW) and obviously trading a couple of roster players, (Emelin & Eller) giving them salary cap room for Eberle. If the Leafs took some of Kessel's contract he might be great for the PP and on a line with Plekanec & Gachenyuk to cover for his defensive shortcomings.:handclap:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't think we land a top 6 forward without giving up one of McCaron or Scherbak. I don't see MB moving any of those two, so yeah, I think we're done for today. Maybe another depth move.

I honestly don't think we land a Kessel or Eberle without giving up Beaulieu.

Delat

Oct 9, 2006

Only players that didn't get into the bus to the arena so far are Desharnais, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and DSP, basically a funny tweet more than anything.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And when you have a guy like that as your highest paid player and one of your supposed leaders, situations like the one in Toronto play out.

Does anyone look at Kessel and think he's a better player now than he was 4 years ago?

Anybody?

I think everyone agrees he's no leader. But, he doesn't have to be in Montreal. It's a high price to pay for a goal scorer, but we need goals.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't believe we'll get him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He doesn't turn 30 before 3 years... then we'll see. But, yeah that's a concern, but if he gets us a Cup I don't mind.

For a guy who is out of shape he is still probably one of the fastest skaters in the league.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 1 minil y a 1 minute
#Habs Je ne veux pas vous alarmer, mais les seuls joueurs pas encore croisés sont Desharnais, Gallagher, Galchenyuk et DSP #rumeurs #rigueur

Of course not...he's riding with Therrien in a limo..;)

I don't want to alarm you, but the only players unaccounted for are DD, Gally, Chuck and DSP

Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 2 minil y a 2 minutes
#Habs Michaël Bournival vient de passer dans le lobby. Semblait lui aussi se diriger vers l'autobus de l'équipe

Bournival just past by the lobby. He seemed to be headed to the team's bus.

There ya go, loosely translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad