Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline 2019: Public Enemy #1 is gone! Holy ****! (Dahlen too) That's about it...

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Well I hope JB is taking the fact that Edler wouldn’t waive a NTC this time around , into affect. If he ain’t doing it now than he ain’t doing it on last year of next contract either. So it needs to be a limited/modified one at the very least.

Reactions: Peen

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
my wheels within wheels observations

-getting schenn as part of the mdz trade gives us enough right side dmen to move gudbranson with tanev out. so we definitely got more value for mdz than anaheim did.

-the edler rumours on the weekend were with the pens. that would have required we take salary back. does anyone want to bet it was a pearson++ deal? in which case, trading edler would mean no trade for guddy.

-dahlen seems like there is a story there we do not know. he got traded apparently very cheaply by the sens. last year he missed camp with mono then bolted from the ahl where the canucks apparently wanted him and where they thought he'd be ready. yet a season later, by a lot of utica fan accounts, he was not ready for the ahl even after a standout year in the allskaven from which guys have jumped to the nhl. what i don't know, but something is up.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Best part about this deadline is that the Flames didn’t improve while their contenders for the west did. Other than that, our team is still terrible and we have the same number of picks which sucks for an annual bottom-5 cellar dweller.

Edler is gonna get paid and it’s going to be way more than what people expect. I’m calling $6m x 5 years which may not end up being with us. Losing him for nothing is certainly a possibility. That’s why you don’t broach NTC 4 days before the deadline but Jim is such a terrible salesman I don’t think he could have got it done anyways. You need some some sort of combination of charisma and intelligence to pull that off and neither are particularly evident.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Best part about this deadline is that the Flames didn’t improve while their contenders for the west did. Other than that, our team is still terrible and we have the same number of picks which sucks for an annual bottom-5 cellar dweller.

Edler is gonna get paid and it’s going to be way more than what people expect. I’m calling $6m x 5 years which may not end up being with us. Losing him for nothing is certainly a possibility. That’s why you don’t broach NTC 4 days before the deadline but Jim is such a terrible salesman I don’t think he could have got it done anyways. You need some some sort of combination of charisma and intelligence to pull that off and neither are particularly evident.
Whether they gave him 4 days or 4 weeks I don’t think Edler wanted to be a rental.

One thing I thought about was how badly it worked out for Hansen. He seemed so coveted in Vancouver being a 3rd line guy who could move up if needed. Speed and size with decent offense but could pk and check.

Goes to SJ and doesn’t fit in. At age 32 ends up in the KHL. I was shocked that he couldn’t land an nhl job. Would have taken him over Schaller at the same contract.

Maybe that’s why it was reported that Edler wanted an extension if he waived. I doubt it would have gone that bad for Edler but you never know.

Cause whether he signed an extension. With the new team or not his family would likely have remained in Vancouver until the offseason to make a move. Parents have structure for their kids. Won’t shakenup the routine unless they have to.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Good deadline moves overall. We got rid of gudbranson. Karlsson was an alright prospect. Dahlen was struggling and wanted out so it's understandable. Although, I would've waited till the draft to move dahlen. It's still a good deadline day.

Pearson is good for like 10-15 goals every year and should be flippable at the draft/deadline
I bet they still go for a top 6 LW UFA in July as well

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Well I hope JB is taking the fact that Edler wouldn’t waive a NTC this time around , into affect. If he ain’t doing it now than he ain’t doing it on last year of next contract either. So it needs to be a limited/modified one at the very least.
Well edler isnt stupid hes gonna ask for a full nmc

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I bet they still go for a top 6 LW UFA in July as well
I think that's a fair move. Beartschi isn't looking so good health wise and our left wing prospect area got more bare with the loss of Dahlen. It was organizational weakness that got weaker.

Eriksson was supposed to be that guy and it's been rather disappointing. He's declined far faster than I think anyone thought.
I don't mind a similar guy to Pearson in age that can be had for a short term deal. That way if they don't excel, we can flip this FA guy as well.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I got a good chuckle when I looked at my phone during lunch, and saw that Anaheim got more for Delzotto than Benning did lol. Typical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad