Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline 2019: Public Enemy #1 is gone! Holy ****! (Dahlen too) That's about it...

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Too bad about Dahlen. I had high hopes, but he couldn’t even match Goldobin’s pace in Utica.
this is an important distinction especially considering @Bad Goalie @MS @orcatown and @Margeterio Llamas had documented how poor he was 5v5 and was being gifted offensive situations. He's a 97 born also.

Was actually hoping for a Juolevi Dahlen for Fabbro anda draft pick deal

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Apparently, Dahlen's agent asked for a trade, so it doesn't necessarily indicate a change in Benning's strategy, as it could very well have been that his hand was forced.

If true, that does change things slightly but doesn't change the fact that they targetted a teenager over another 25 year old "ready to play in the NHL RIGHT NOWWWW!!!!!!!!" that they've been obsessing over since 2014 so it's still a clear shift IMO.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Bottom line is its frankies team and cash and he can do anything he wants with it.
Unless you got a spare billion in your back pocket then perhaps you're not worth discussing this because you got nothing frankies interested in except your sports entertainment dollars .
It's a business and corporationsl ike this have always been about the bottom line PROFIT.

Ok since you want to discuss this as a business and not about winning a cup go take your analysis to the business board. We can there discuss the return on investments but on here we are discussing how these moves affect winning a cup.
[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is that a player you want around the team? Someone who doesn't care about winning a cup?
I would say no personally. But on this board Kesler gets a tonne of hate cause he wanted to go and win. He had a full ntc and exercised it. Return for him would have been fine if the Canucks were focused on a rebuild which is what you do when your sleek trophy caliber 2C wants out and you’ve dealt both your top goalies. Don’t take a 24 year old Dman when a 19 year is available with bigger upside.

Can’t seem to win on this board.

And if people bring up burrows waiving he signed a 2 year $5 million deal with Ottawa immediately and got bought out after year 1. He did well for himself.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Ok since you want to discuss this as a business and not about winning a cup go take your analysis to the business board. We can there discuss the return on investments but on here we are discussing how these moves affect winning a cup.

Or even better you can go back to cdc
So when confronted with reason that you have no answer to you go on the attack.
I thought we were having a adult discussion here but apparently not.

Chwc

Sep 6, 2008
Vancouver

This makes it sound like they ruined any chances by giving him so little time to decide to me personally when you combine this with Murphy's tweet.

3 - 4 days ago, obviously Edler is not going to waive. Like comon man.
you would think a GM with a rebuilding team would approach his vet D about the possibility of waive the NTC in the start of the year and ask for a list of teams that he would be interested in going to.

Reactions: PM

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018

Or even better you can go back to cdc
It may be a a team of hockey heros to us but to billionaires its a business to make money with.
Like it or not thats how biz works for mega corporations.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
It may be a a team of hockey heros to us but to billionaires its a business to make money with.
Like it or not thats how biz works for mega corporations.

Like it or not this board is about the fan side of the organization.

They aren’t a bunch of heroes to me but a source of entertainment and the best entertainment for me will be a Stanley cup not a first round exit.

If you want to discuss the moves through a business lens understand that it’s a different analysis and I assume your bringing the financial numbers to do so

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
3 - 4 days ago, obviously Edler is not going to waive. Like comon man.
you would think a GM with a rebuilding team would approach his vet D about the possibility of waive the NTC in the start of the year and ask for a list of teams that he would be interested in going to.
Was he ever going to leave as a pure rental? Doesn’t sound like he was. Pretty much all of the Canucks who had ntc who got moved either had term like garrison, Kesler, Hansen or they got new deals upon being traded like burrows and bieksa.

Seems like Canucks players love this city too much to want to leave it.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Good day for Vancouver. I bet you The family is very happy they got rid of $8 million dollars in salary . Benning going to be invited for pasta tonight

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Good day for Vancouver. I bet you The family is very happy they got rid of $8 million dollars in salary . Benning going to be invited for pasta tonight

Doesn't this actually cost Aqua more money? Salary cap is different from salary paid. Gudbranson is owed 4.5 million next year and 3 million the year after for a total of 7.5m pay.

Pearson is owed 3.85m in each of the following two years for a total of...7.7m pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad