Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline 2019: Public Enemy #1 is gone! Holy ****! (Dahlen too) That's about it...

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Previous thread: Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019
AssetReturnNotes
Dan Hamuhis (UFA)NothingNow plays on the third pairing of a Cup contender
Radim Vrbata (UFA)Nothing
Yannick Weber (UFA)NothingAlso now plays on the third pairing of a Cup contender
PUBLICLY MADE AVAILABLE:
Linden Vey (UFA)
Matt Bartkowski (UFA)
Ronalds Kenins (UFA)
Adam Cracknell (UFA)
Chris Higgins
Brandon Prust (UFA)
Nothing
Alex Burrows (UFA)Jonathan Dahlen
Jannik HansenNikolay Goldobin
4th-round pick
4th-round pick parlayed into picks which became Petrus Palmu and Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Thomas Vanek (UFA)Tyler Motte
Jussi Jokinen (UFA)
Jokinen went back to Finland at season's end
Philip HolmBrendan LeipsicClaimed off waivers by LA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GCxtd2V.jpg

Last edited:

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
We can’t flip anything for anything so far in Bennings tenure.

Why not just give Utica the help in Utica and just keep our picks.

Isn’t a Benning the master drafter? Wouldn’t we want extra chances for him to get us more good players?

Benning isnt a master drafter or anything close to it.

The chances of any GM landing an NHLer in the 6th or 7th is extremely low. Id be willing to give up a pick in that range to gain a couple mil in cap space (More money to go after Panarin, Stone, Karlsson) while acquiring a player who you could probably flip next season for a 4th or 5th.

The chances of Benning thinking this far ahead is probably very low but it's an option. A foward thinking GM should be all over this deal.

Reactions: B-rock
Feb 19, 2018
Lol we haven’t even officially done anything yet!

The Hansen and Goldobin + pick was a good trade deadline.

Dahlen for Burrows even better.

Not being able to trade injured or NTC are out of our hands.

Hamhuis wanted to stay and Dallas messed us up while Vrbata gave a list of bottom feeder teams so he wouldn’t have to go anywhere.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've been hearing good things about a star rookie that could be on the move today, what do you think it would take to get Future Considerations and do you think we could package RealGud in the deal somehow?

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Well most of Benning's trades and signings could be mistaken as something you'd want to flush down the toilet and some might say they stink as well.

Remember when I left that one HFCanucks league and like two days after finding a replacement for my team, they traded Kyle Connor and a 1st for Marchessault?

I feel like Jimbo is actually among us.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
What really can Benning trade?
We can hope that he sells the likes of Gudbranson,and others,but we have a delusional GM that thinks what he has built is good enough to sneak into the playoffs.So I'm not holding my breath that anything changes with this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad