GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006

Translation: Habs are still in discussions to try to improve the team but nothing major

Yup

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Alright enough of the sulking about Subban. Im sure everyone has moved on from each organization.

Glad for Subban and stuff that he is with someone who wants him for who he is?

Like come on guys they are all grownups and professionals. Lets move on and talk about potential targets.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm not saying that other teams not doing anything is justification for Bergevin not adding scoring, but it's interesting that a lot of other bubble teams like us haven't made any moves at all.

Expected more from teams like BOS, NYI, NSH, EDM, ANA, CGY, WPG...

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Look, I agree we need to improve our top 6, but there's no one available right now. If other teams were landing guys like Tavares while Bergy was sitting around with his thumb up his butt, I would also be mad at him for not doing more, but what do you honestly expect him to do right now?

Not much as the options seems limited. 3 possibilities imho :

- He pays Sakic asking price for Duchene
- Vrbata
- Fillpula

Jul 6, 2016
This seems insanely stupid. This team can't score to save their life and we're supposed to contend. We need scoring.

That same team was scoring many goals before the month of January... Why would not be able to come back to that level ?

It is not like TT and MB had no chance to DRAFT some talented scoring forwards in the past... They did not.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Of course they have to work some Matthews tire pumping into the show.. As if there wasn't enough already.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
We will be out in the first round with this roster unless Price is in God mode. Scoring will dry up like every single playoff run in recent memory. This team will never out score the metro teams in a 7 game series. They might outllay them but they cannot score.
I don't know about that. Price has never really been god mode in playoffs and we've managed to win some playoffs rounds just recently with worse rosters.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't mind the trades so far. But if you pull 4 different moves and none of them bring extra scoring help, considering the price Florida paid for Vanek earlier today, well there's a big issue with how Bergevin evaluates his team.

We're one Pacioretty injury away from being the worst team in the NHL.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
I don't mind the trades so far. But if you pull 4 different moves and none of them bring extra scoring help, considering the price Florida paid for Vanek earlier today, well there's a big issue with how Bergevin evaluates his team.

We're one Pacioretty injury away from being the worst team in the NHL.
Have you seen Vanek play in the PO with us?

I'm glad we didnt get him

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not saying that other teams not doing anything is justification for Bergevin not adding scoring, but it's interesting that a lot of other bubble teams like us haven't made any moves at all.

Expected more from teams like BOS, NYI, NSH, EDM, ANA, CGY, WPG...

That's because Bergevin is good at making trades. You always hear how he's always active, well, this is the result of that. The old "keep your ear to the ground" saying.

But according to 90% of posters, he sucks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad