GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
To put it in perspective, in the last calendar month the following fowards have scored:

Radulov
Pacioretty
Shaw
Galchenyuk

That's it! Only 4 forwards have scored goals in all of February!
The 4th line is not expected to shoulder the load offensively. Asking 1 goal/game is way too much (that's why the team had their insane 15 game streak to start the year) and it's not realistic to expect that kind of production from guys like King, Ott, Mitchell, etc...

They need help scoring. Real scoring, top 6 scoring. That's the only way this team will go anywhere.

In all honesty, do you feel 100% confident that King and Ott will provide more offense than Flynn and Mitchell?

edit: by the way, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Flynn and Mitchell. But at the end of the day the team's real problems are elsewhere.

Having the best 4th line in hockey is pointless if you only have 4 forwards that contribute offensively over a month-long stretch.

so what scorers were traded so far? Vanek? Been there done that already and he is older now then when he failed here the first time.

Boyle/Hansen/Iginla? These guys are just as much grinders and 3rd liners.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
This franchise has been plagued with a passive mentality for years and when we do make bold moves it's **** bs like the Subban trade or McDonagh trade. It's a shame for the fans.

Slippy13

Mar 6, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Man you guys are on crack. There is nothing on the market, noone available and essentially zero movement in players that we "should" be going after and you are asking for Bergy's head? I know it's frustrating not to improve the team's scoring but have some common sense guys.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
LoL we couldn't even land Vrbata.

Unable to land a single offensive forward on the heels of a month where only four of your forwards scored and your team didn't win a single game in regulation for the first time since 1940.

If that doesn't show you how misguided and disconnected from the needs of the team this GM is, you're blind.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Man you guys are on crack. There is nothing on the market, noone available and essentially zero movement in players that we "should" be going after and you are asking for Bergy's head? I know it's frustrating not to improve the team's scoring but have some common sense guys.

year 5 going onto year 6 now lols

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I don't need to defend him or invent excuses, just look what was moved around the league! How many top line centers?

Yeah no need to invent excuses when you wield the power of the fallacy. Well played.:laugh:

VladTheLimpWhaler

Dec 4, 2015
Edmonton, AB
You really expect this board to have a uniform opinion?

It does have a uniform opinion - hate Bergy. The only thing non-uniform about the opinions here are the various made-up rationalizations for why Bergy sucks. No matter what he does, half the posters are pissed off, often for contradictory reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad