GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
People want a C but there's no C available. Well NO UFAS.

Duchene, wont move. And Ribeiro Sucks.

So theres no one.

Tampa has a few that could be interesting: Palat & Johnson. Tampa's got big cap problems and expansion draft problems coming up. They'll maybe look to move some of their young stars because of it.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
Tampa has a few that could be interesting: Palat & Johnson. Tampa's got big cap problems and expansion draft problems coming up. They'll maybe look to move some of their young stars because of it.

Palat would be a nice pick up. I'd be very interested in that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bergevin's lack of top 6 acquisitions is pissing me off so much that when he eventually lands one, i'll be even more pissed off

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Bergevin's lack of top 6 acquisitions is pissing me off so much that when he eventually lands one, i'll be even more pissed off

If he lands Duchene, I will be pissed he didn't land Tavares instead.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010

Now this would be nice.Not one move to improve scoring and top 6 yet

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yes, you're correct you need to score goals ... when was the last time someone in the bottom 6 scored a goal... sometime last month I think, certainly not in Feb. These guys aren't going to put up massive numbers but I'll settle for 1 goal/game from the bottom 6... there was absolutely no evidence that was gonna happen. The 4th line last night played minimal minutes, meaning Rads, Patches, Pleks were all over 20 minutes. King and Ott take some the heat off of Pleks and Byron for the penalty kill ... and with Ott/Shaw/Gallagher in our lineup, we're gonna get penalties.

As for the top 6 Patches is scoring. Galchenyuk is back to scoring. Rads is scoring. Yes it would be nice to get a goal from Gallagher or Lehkonen, but that line looked very strong last night and I think will come together. Would I like to see Vrbata or Landeskog or Duchene ... sure, but not at any cost.

These moves push some of our more marginal players out of the lineup. Flynn shouldn't be in the league. The clock is up on Andrighetto. Mitchell plays great in October. King is a beast. Ott ... Meh, but I'm ok with him in the lineup instead of Mitchell.

We're gonna end up playing one of NYR, Pit, CBJ in the first round. All deep teams that would expose our lack of depth ... I think we've shore that up. Lets hope we get another scorer, or Gallagher finds his touch again.

To put it in perspective, in the last calendar month the following fowards have scored:

Radulov
Pacioretty
Shaw
Galchenyuk

That's it! Only 4 forwards have scored goals in all of February!
The 4th line is not expected to shoulder the load offensively. Asking 1 goal/game is way too much (that's why the team had their insane 15 game streak to start the year) and it's not realistic to expect that kind of production from guys like King, Ott, Mitchell, etc...

They need help scoring. Real scoring, top 6 scoring. That's the only way this team will go anywhere.

In all honesty, do you feel 100% confident that King and Ott will provide more offense than Flynn and Mitchell?

edit: by the way, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Flynn and Mitchell. But at the end of the day the team's real problems are elsewhere.

Having the best 4th line in hockey is pointless if you only have 4 forwards that contribute offensively over a month-long stretch.

VladTheLimpWhaler

Dec 4, 2015
Edmonton, AB
To put it in perspective, in the last calendar month the following fowards have scored:

Radulov
Pacioretty
Shaw
Galchenyuk

That's it! Only 4 forwards have scored goals in all of February!
The 4th line is not expected to shoulder the load offensively. Asking 1 goal/game is way too much (that's why the team had their insane 15 game streak to start the year) and it's not realistic to expect that kind of production from guys like King, Ott, Mitchell, etc...

They need help scoring. Real scoring, top 6 scoring. That's the only way this team will go anywhere.

In all honesty, do you feel 100% confident that King and Ott will provide more offense than Flynn and Mitchell?

edit: by the way, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Flynn and Mitchell. But at the end of the day the team's real problems are elsewhere.

Having the best 4th line in hockey is pointless if you only have 4 forwards that contribute offensively over a month-long stretch.

All 4 of the guys you identified are top 6 guys, so by your own admission, 4 out of 6 guys are scoring in our top 6, yet you see our top 6 as being where improvement is needed the most? Literally no one in our bottom 6 is scoring, and you think improvement is not needed there!

Look, I agree we need to improve our top 6, but there's no one available right now. If other teams were landing guys like Tavares while Bergy was sitting around with his thumb up his butt, I would also be mad at him for not doing more, but what do you honestly expect him to do right now?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
We will be out in the first round with this roster unless Price is in God mode. Scoring will dry up like every single playoff run in recent memory. This team will never out score the metro teams in a 7 game series. They might outlplay them but they cannot out score them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad