Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Some people are fine lowering their standards, I'm not. Going in to the season people talked about selling at the deadline and getting picks for the draft, and that should still be the plan. When Benning doesn't, that will be yet another blunder (and further evidence that this is NOT a rebuild).

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
How would posters here feel if benning went out and acquired a win now ufa piece using next years picks as capital or young prospects?

Why would this be a good idea? No matter who they go out and get, at best they're going to get demolished in the first round and worst is to completely miss the playoffs.

The risk far outweighs the rewards.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Some people are fine lowering their standards, I'm not. Going in to the season people talked about selling at the deadline and getting picks for the draft, and that should still be the plan. When Benning doesn't, that will be yet another blunder (and further evidence that this is NOT a rebuild).
But adding picks can't come at the cost of future core players. Sutter for example couldn't get you a pick because he has 4.4M on the cap for 2 seasons after this one.
Gaudette could probably fetch a 2nd, but what is the point of that trade?
For the most part I agree with you but I have a hard time finding assets that could bring us back picks. Markstrom maybe

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Why are you so obsessed with if this is a rebuild or retool or whatever they want to call it.

Were heading in the right direction and that's what's important .

We moved on from del zotto gagner Nilsson. We've iced plenty of young guys like EP, Gaudette, so on to be Hughes. We've surrounded them with veterans. We've made it clear were not trading any draft picks for immediate help.

Were keeping Edler because he has a NTC and because we need him . Moving him and Tanev is 2 steps backs with no guarantees. Plan is to move forward especially while our core is on their ELCs.

This isn't EA Sports where you just trade everyone over the age of 25 for draft picks. What happens in 3 or 5 years and we have a room full of players who are used to a losing culture and has never played a big game. The Edmon Oilers happen. The Arizona Coyotes Happen. The Bufallo Sabres Happen.

So what's the problem.. rebuild retool whatever as long as we keep taking steps forward.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Ducks just got a 3rd round pick for Ryan ****ing Miller...
There’s not enough swear words in the English language so...艹他马的
I saw that one coming a mile off. I'm surprised they didn't get slightly more, but a backup at the deadline is a backup. I thought Calgary might be in on Miller, but he might have wanted to stay south.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Hilarious that the Ducks got more for a totally washed up Miller than we did. Must be nice having a GM who can admit when it’s time to rebuild.

Reactions: travis scott

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
But adding picks can't come at the cost of future core players. Sutter for example couldn't get you a pick because he has 4.4M on the cap for 2 seasons after this one.
Gaudette could probably fetch a 2nd, but what is the point of that trade?
For the most part I agree with you but I have a hard time finding assets that could bring us back picks. Markstrom maybe

The only untouchables on this team should be Horvat, Pettersson and Boeser. I also wouldn't openly shop Hutton or Stecher. Anyone else should be on the table.

Why are you so obsessed with if this is a rebuild or retool or whatever they want to call it.

Were heading in the right direction and that's what's important .

We moved on from del zotto gagner Nilsson. We've iced plenty of young guys like EP, Gaudette, so on to be Hughes. We've surrounded them with veterans. We've made it clear were not trading any draft picks for immediate help.

Were keeping Edler because he has a NTC and because we need him . Moving him and Tanev is 2 steps backs with no guarantees. Plan is to move forward especially while our core is on their ELCs.

This isn't EA Sports where you just trade everyone over the age of 25 for draft picks. What happens in 3 or 5 years and we have a room full of players who are used to a losing culture and has never played a big game. The Edmon Oilers happen. The Arizona Coyotes Happen. The Bufallo Sabres Happen.

So what's the problem.. rebuild retool whatever as long as we keep taking steps forward.

Because this team desperately needs a rebuild. I want to see a Stanley Cup in Vancouver and they aren't going to get there with a half assed retool where the GM just adds the high picks he gets from years of constant failures at his attempts to make the playoffs.

No, this team is not heading in the right direction. It's spinning its tires in mediocrity.

Moving a 33 year old is two steps back? Two steps back from what?

This team has more bad contracts on it than it has quality youth, you get that right?

And cute, the tired EA Sports comment when someone with no real point and no other way to defend his beloved leader resorts to. You do realize that Jim Benning has built a losing culture, right? You do realize that this team is on the exact same path as the Oilers, right? In fact, the team right now is set-up exactly like the Oilers. The only difference is our goaltending is better. But hey, head meet sand.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

It's been scientifically proven that getting extra draft picks will kill your pet.

Benning just doesn't wanna see his cat dead, can you blame him?

Reactions: y2kcanucks

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Sorry, should have stated that the source claiming no deal is Kevin Kurz, Sharks beat reporter for The Athletic.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It's been scientifically proven that getting extra draft picks will kill your pet.

Benning just doesn't wanna see his cat dead, can you blame him?

Maybe Benning subscribes to the stupid idea that fewer draft picks is better because then your scouts will work harder. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad