Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Arguably the best prospect in the NHL. A pick in the 5 to 10 range and a B prospect. Yes that is insane. Not even Benning is that bad

Q Hughes isn't even in the NHL so I dont know how he's the best prospect in the NHL.

I'm a Hughes fan but let's pump the breaks a little.

Prices are crazy at deadline.

My case in point... you call Dahlen a "B" prospect...... Ottawa paid that for Over the hill Burrows..

That right there should tell you what it would cost for a Stone.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Q Hughes isn't even in the NHL so I dont know how he's the best prospect in the NHL.

My case in point... you call Dahlen a "B" prospect...... Ottawa paid that for Over the hill Burrows..

That’s an overpayment. Whens the last time a rental got traded for that much?

1st+madden+ something small like a conditional 3rd would be a fair deal, considering our #1 will most likely be a mid 1st.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What I hope happens(nothing that crazy even)
Trade Guddy
Trade Granlund
Trade pouliot

For those trades, go ahead and aquire manning, and draft picks.

Would be a win for me imo.

I really hope we trade high with Troy though, With Quinn he was coming up, we can only have so many small defenceman is in my opinion.

I like Troy a lot, I think we could get a pretty decent value from him.

No thanks. On a team devoid of quality young defensemen, why would we trade one of the few we have?

I don't think Stecher's perceived value is that high. His value to the team is much larger, as a guy who can credibly play tough minutes, PK, and move the puck. He's a great battler too.

"Too many small players" is a fallacy. If they're good players, I want them. Boston has both Krug and Grzelyck in the lineup and they're doing just fine. And it's not like Stecher is tiny, he weighs nearly 190 pounds.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009

Hughes was number one on Pronmans list. And most firsts that will get moved are late ones, not top 10 picks. Your price is insane. I'd take that type of return for a guy like Boeser

Reactions: DonnyNucker

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Simth-Pelli on waiver, didn't see that coming
Claim him and get rid of Granlund

DSP hasn't been very good, though I'd probably prefer him to Granlund. He's a typical 4th liner who needs to be sheltered. At one time I liked him as a player but his game has fallen off.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I think depending on what Minnesota does ahead of the deadline could impact what the Canucks, if Minny sells hard I could see us wanting to add more aggressively.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
I get the feeling the Nucks are going to do nothing at the TDL, or perhaps a small trade(s) to tinker with the bottom 6.

I think they should trade Edler, as he is probably their best trade chip. He could command a 1st, but depending on the team, that 1st will be closer to a 2nd. So what about high end prospects..? If we traded him to a contender such as Vegas, would they give up Brannstrom or another one of their top prospects? How about TB for Foote. That all said, he doesnt want to leave, but JB should try pushing him out as he really isnt a core piece in 2 or 3 years, but a young high end prospect would be!

Lots already said about Sutter, Granlund, Gudbransom, Shaller, Pouliot and Goldy. Move any of them for whatever you can get! Is Tanev a core piece in a few years? Probably not with all those injuries, so trade him if a decent offer comes along (yes, i know a 'decent' offer is subjective, especially when it comes from JB!)! All these guys should have been traded already (or not signed as free agents) and we have diminished our assets because we held onto to them too long!

Ca'mon JB, do something to make this team better!

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This is one of the few seasons I’d be ok if we made minimal to no TDL deals. Especially if it means taking back trash. May as well stand pat and keep our own; rather than accumulate more similar junk. Can’t trust JB’s trade making abilities.

Reactions: Hit the post

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Benning does not seem capable of acquiring picks in his trades. If any year he does it, this is the year -but I doubt he can really.
So then it seems to me we might do a "hockey trade" and exchange some junk tweeners with someone. But because Benning considers them hockey trades, it's like he's allowed to ignore incoming guys contract and cap implications. So hockey trades are almost guaranteed to worsen our cap situation.

But what can he possibly sell for draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad