Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
So, Winnepeg and Pitt all of the sudden have massive defensive holes... If im an opportunist I go to Edler and say your waiving your nmc.......

Go and get a 1st rounder for him ASAP....

Both come in with 11th hour offers of a 1st round pick for Derrick Pouliot, Jimbo turns them down and mentions in the press conference that he still sees Pouliot as a building block piece moving forward, proceeds to give him a 5 year extension.

Reactions: David71

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Brock McGinn?

giphy.gif

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
This would be just one more confusing move from Benning. McGinn is a decent player, 10-15 goals, 25-30 points, but Eriksson, Roussel, Virtanen, Granlund and other scrubs like Schaller, Motte, and guys like MacEwen on the hunt for spots. This makes sense if the plan is to let Granlund and Motte walk, then again they could go UFA shopping or use MacEwen.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Why is giving up picks a good trade for this team right now?
Only makes sense if you're saving buy out spot for another piece of crap on this roster. If this means they buy out Gudbranson I'll gladly lose a couple late draft picks.

Also for the love of f***ing god do not sign any bottom 6 forward in free agency. This roster is oversaturated as it is.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
So, Winnepeg and Pitt all of the sudden have massive defensive holes... If im an opportunist I go to Edler and say your waiving your nmc.......

Go and get a 1st rounder for him ASAP....
100%. Take advantage of teams in an arm race. If Pittsburgh wants another run, they need a better defense and for Letang to have a smaller workload. Let Edler take the tougher matchups and watch Letang absolutely feast.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Why is giving up picks a good trade for this team right now?

Because we save a few mil on Spooners contract and could probably flip McGinn next year at the TDL for decent pick (you'd think).

I'd be ok with the trade as long as we aren't giving up anything higher than a 6th.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Lot of desperate teams out there right now it seems. Definitely a seller's market. But since we have nothing to sell we'll be sitting on the sidelines.

Reactions: Ori

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
But oh no! How will they ever find a top-six winger ever again!

Not quite sure I understand what this comment means? Genuinely asking 1) Is this sarcasm that a top 6 forward can be found? 2) Or is this sarcasm that Detroit traded one and the Canucks would be concerned about doing that? 3) Something else?

1) Would you trade the canucks 2nd and 3rd for 29 year old NyQuist? I wouldn't as a Canucks fan. Also, do you think Nyqvist would have waived to come here to this tire fire (I don't think so)?
2) Which 29 year old winger do we have that produces like that? Trading a 29 year old winger is very different to trading a 29 year old 2,3,4 Defensemen, if this was about comparing a reluctance to move Tanev, for example, to this choice Detroit made.
3) What other explanation is there for the comment?

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Because we save a few mil on Spooners contract and could probably flip McGinn next year at the TDL for decent pick (you'd think).

I'd be ok with the trade as long as we aren't giving up anything higher than a 6th.

We can’t flip anything for anything so far in Bennings tenure.

Why not just give Utica the help in Utica and just keep our picks.

Isn’t a Benning the master drafter? Wouldn’t we want extra chances for him to get us more good players?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Actually it still doesn’t make any sense from the Canes POV. They operate under an internal budget (significantly below the cap ceiling for a reason). Why would they acquire a marginal player making that kind of money for a couple low picks ( and the guy they’re giving up is probably a more useful player at a significantly lower cost)?

Feb 19, 2018
I have a feeling it’s a part of something bigger involving Goldy and one of their young Dmen.
They are loaded on the back end and the owner is known for wanting more “offence”

Call it a hunch

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Not quite sure I understand what this comment means? Genuinely asking 1) Is this sarcasm that a top 6 forward can be found? 2) Or is this sarcasm that Detroit traded one and the Canucks would be concerned about doing that? 3) Something else?

1) Would you trade the canucks 2nd and 3rd for 29 year old NyQuist? I wouldn't as a Canucks fan. Also, do you think Nyqvist would have waived to come here to this tire fire (I don't think so)?
2) Which 29 year old winger do we have that produces like that? Trading a 29 year old winger is very different to trading a 29 year old 2,3,4 Defensemen, if this was about comparing a reluctance to move Tanev, for example, to this choice Detroit made.
3) What other explanation is there for the comment?

It's reference to Y2K's comment about having someone waive a NTC AKA: Edler.

Canucks management is making out this entire Edler situation to seem like it might be impossible to find any other defenceman to play for the Canucks not named Alexander Edler.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
We can’t flip anything for anything so far in Bennings tenure.

Why not just give Utica the help in Utica and just keep our picks.

Isn’t a Benning the master drafter? Wouldn’t we want extra chances for him to get us more good players?

A couple weeks ago Botchford mentioned they couldn't waive Schaller due to Aquilini not wanting more dead cap. This is just speculation on my part, but maybe he wants as much $ cleared as possible before he lets Benning pursue the big fish in Free Agency ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad