Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
What are some packages we could realistically acquire to include a PWF and RHD coming back in the same deal?

From PHI: Simmonds and Gudas
From CBJ: Anderson and Savard
From NYR: Kreider and Pionk
From CAR: Ferland and Pesce/Faulk

I'd imagine each of these would require a 1st+, but is a move that could put us over the top

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Who would accept this deal in the offseason

Toronto
Matthews

Arizona
OEL
Dvorak
Crouse
Hayton

Save a little money to spread around and Dvorak can take over the 2nd line c spot and Hayton will take over Kadri spot eventually.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
What are some packages we could realistically acquire to include a PWF and RHD coming back in the same deal?

I'd imagine each of these would require a 1st+, but is a move that could put us over the top
I'm all for adding Kreider, especially on a line with Matthews and Nylander! But I think you would have to look for a separate trade for a D-man.

The D needs a lot of work on the right side. Maybe see if Pittsburgh wants Hainsey as a rental again to help offset the assets we give up for a real top 4 RHD.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Pysyk for Brown, Flordia fans on their board have accepted it a few times. Some have said they would add, some us.
Gudas should he relatively affordable (2nd plus Marlie)

Parayako+Bouwmester for Zaitsev, Borgman, Bracco, 1st, and Johnsson.
Bouwmester is a pure cap dump. Zaitsev to replace Parayako on 2nd pair. Borgman I'd better than Bouwmester and like 5 million cheaper.

Reilly Parayako
Gardiner Gudas
Dermott Pysyk
Hainsey

Reactions: Duffman955

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Pysyk for Brown, Flordia fans on their board have accepted it a few times. Some have said they would add, some us.

Bouwmester is a pure cap dump. Zaitsev to replace Parayako on 2nd pair. Borgman I'd better than Bouwmester and like 5 million cheaper.

Reilly Parayako
Gardiner Gudas
Dermott Pysyk
Hainsey
I wish it were that easy.
Our right side could use that beef.... We can't seriously expect teams to respect us with Hainsey Zeitsev and Oz clearing the net.

Doubt we can overhaul our right side that much; but hopefully something to give us a bit of snarl

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

All seem like respectable options.
I'll throw Parayko + Maroon into the hat.

Think it's a good time to use our depth/ELC to build a respectable playoff team.

Outside the known untouchables...should consider anyone available if asked for in a trade to upgrade problem areas.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Ferland/Pesce would be a coupe if attainable, sadly with the resigning of Nylander that ship has sailed unless the Leafs would move Kappy, which I don't want to see happen. At this point the Leafs trade fodder is limited to Brown/Zats/anyone on the 4th line/and picks prospects.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Ferland/Pesce would be a coupe if attainable, sadly with the resigning of Nylander that ship has sailed unless the Leafs would move Kappy, which I don't want to see happen. At this point the Leafs trade fodder is limited to Brown/Zats/anyone on the 4th line/and picks prospects.

A top #4D and top #6PWF would cost something in the neighbourhood of a 1st + Lily/Sandin + Kappy/AJ/Brown/prospect IMO. I would target a cheap #6RHD to replace OZ to start and see how we do.

RLF

May 5, 2014

Reilly Parayako
Gardiner Gudas
Dermott Pysyk
Hainsey

In reality though, top teams in the League are not likely to revamp half their d-core mid season. I would expect one change, but not 3.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Reilly Parayako
Gardiner Gudas
Dermott Pysyk
Hainsey
Would think that the quantity package for solid defender path won’t work, although a favorite often mentioned route here.

Pietro had hand surgery. Not sure when he’s due back so uncertain about this alternative as well.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Reilly Parayako
Gardiner Gudas
Dermott Pysyk
Hainsey

That Pysk for Brown trade would be nice.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
If Mathews is asking for the moon, I'd look at Columbus

To Columbus-
Matthews
Zaitsev

To Toronto-
Seth Jones
Pierre Luc Dobois
Josh Anderson

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
A top #4D and top #6PWF would cost something in the neighbourhood of a 1st + Lily/Sandin + Kappy/AJ/Brown/prospect IMO. I would target a cheap #6RHD to replace OZ to start and see how we do.
I like Oz, he has potential.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
unless moving Nylander in the off season is the plan, I think Kyle has screwed the pooch on trying to fit everyone into the budget, something has to give and the D still needs help. I hope he knows what he's doing.............

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Auston Matthews is not being traded, I hate this fan base sometimes.
Mathews is a generational talent who has a history of injuries, I wouldn't give him a blank cheque, every player, even at the level of Mathews is worth so much, but not more. Having said that, I'd rather see him and/or Marner get overpaid before Nylander, but that ship has already sailed...........

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
unless moving Nylander in the off season is the plan, I think Kyle has screwed the pooch on trying to fit everyone into the budget, something has to give and the D still needs help. I hope he knows what he's doing.............

I don't think he's screwed the pooch in any way yet. He hasn't handed out a bad contract yet on his own.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't think he's screwed the pooch in any way yet. He hasn't handed out a bad contract yet on his own.
it's debatable whether Nylander's contract was excessive or not, that points been beaten to death, but it does create a cap issue, doubt AM/MM are taking discounts now, let alone Gards or Kappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad