Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I’d probably do the same.

Though admittedly I’m not as high on him as others are.
where do you have him pegged? I know there's a lot of "surefire #1" buzz around him, but if he were a long term #2 at his AAV that would go a long way for us

Edit: assumed you were talking about Parayko

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
where do you have him pegged? I know there's a lot of "surefire #1" buzz around him, but if he were a long term #2 at his AAV that would go a long way for us

Edit: assumed you were talking about Parayko

I’d probably peg him as a good #2 guy. I’d be very happy with him in the Leafs, but think his value gets a bit overstated in proposals around here due to his position and size.

I think he’d probably cost an absurd amount on the trade market to acquire too.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Vince Dunn intrigues me.

I wonder if he could be snatched for cheap. More of an offensive minded guy. Is only 22 and was a healthy scratch not long ago (ie may have fallen out of favour). A left handed shot, but with Gardiner potentially departing next season he’d have an opportunity here.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I’d probably peg him as a good #2 guy. I’d be very happy with him in the Leafs, but think his value gets a bit overstated in proposals around here due to his position and size.

I think he’d probably cost an absurd amount on the trade market to acquire too.
that's about where I see it as well. But I think the Leafs are getting to a place where we could probably get him for mostly non-roster stuff. Liljegren+1st for sure, probably add from there

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Parayko is so overrated on this board....Jesus.

And I'm a fan of his game, my God...he's not this top pairing stud the leafs board seems to think he is.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Meh. The Blues are awful. I'm sure it's more or less true regardless of the source.
According to JR, it's not definitively accurate. It's his [JR's] sense that this may be true, but he's not seen anything to state that it's what is really going on.

So, it's more or less a rumor officially - but as you note, it's probably true practically.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
don't think that Rielly-Parayko would be a good top pairing?

I honestly don't think Parayko is a top pairing Defenseman. He's soft as better, he's no defensive stud, and his career high is 35 points. He's also about to be 26, he's not a kid anymore.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
According to JR, it's not definitively accurate. It's his [JR's] sense that this may be true, but he's not seen anything to state that it's what is really going on.

So, it's more or less a rumor officially - but as you note, it's probably true practically.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-02-at-11.04.41-AM.png

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Parayko is so overrated on this board....Jesus.

And I'm a fan of his game, my God...he's not this top pairing stud the leafs board seems to think he is.

Well, in that case, Dubas should be able to get him on the cheap. ;)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Mirtle was the first but now Kyper brought it up and he's far from analytics. I believe Friedman also mentioned it. And now Jason Botchford also dropped Zaitsevs name.

Wonder what we’re going to have to take back?

Probably someone with less term lol. Maybe the equivalent of just having an item worth $10 and trading up to a $1 million dollar item. Trade Zaitsev for 1 thing, trade that for something less trashy then trade that...until the cap impact is minimal although trades are so rare now its hard to swing

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I honestly don't think Parayko is a top pairing Defenseman. He's soft as better, he's no defensive stud, and his career high is 35 points. He's also about to be 26, he's not a kid anymore.
I disagree on the defensive and softness fronts, he shows very well in terms of efficient defense and has used his size well every time I've seen him play even if it's not Pronger-esque nastiness, personally I only care about getting the puck back and moving it efficiently which he does well. He hasn't seen top pairing usage or PP time because of Pietrangelo, so there's some risk for sure, but I'd be willing to gamble on a 26yo who plays 22-23 minutes a night as the #3 being able to handle about the same number of minutes in a little tougher competition with a much better partner than he's used to

he gets overhyped as a future norris winner for sure, but he'd be a massive upgrade as a partner for Rielly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad