Trade and Free Agency Thread - 2021/22 - Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Just because a person believes in their immune system doesn't mean they have character issues. I nearly died because my 18 month one and have had ongoing health issues since. Does that make me of questionable character for not wanting to die?

I would like Bertuzzi, but the current rules make him a non-starter. I do like the way he plays.

Who else is along that type of player that works for the Leafs?
Pretty sure the restrictions have been lifted.

I mean trust me, I dont like the fact he's unvaccinated. But he fits the bill to what the Leafs need in the top 6

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Pretty sure the restrictions have been lifted.

I mean trust me, I dont like the fact he's unvaccinated. But he fits the bill to what the Leafs need in the top 6
He really does. Absolutely seems like what is needed in the top 6.

There is still a quarantine period for people with his status. It's buried somewhere in the fine print of the ArriveCAN app I believe.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There are plenty of Doctors and front line workers who refused to get vaxinated.

T.J. Miller is probably another great fit for the Leafs but not sure how well liked he is in the room.

Reactions: ToneDog

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
You was amount leafs fan who was telling at trade deadline than Manson was trash and not even more the d he was like 4 5 year ago?

He just switching to a very good team and hes pretty solid right now as 4th D...

Its the same thing with Gibson, when you playing 3/4 of the game without the puck, at the end as d or goalie a way or an other you will be expose and you will look eorst than what you are in reality.
The Avs are succeeding in spite of Manson man. Most stats suggest he's been garbage.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
The Avs are succeeding in spite of Manson man. Most stats suggest he's been garbage.

Most stats... most of half thing happening in hockey cant be count but yes stats suggest...

Every team who build excluvely his team about avanced stats was trash because most of the stars are based about possession.

Ryan mcdonaugh is a kind of d who will not particularly good of avanced stats but he was best tampa dman defensive side ( better than Hedman) last 3 season

They dont exist any good formula to calculate defensive aspect and i dont think that will ever exist.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Most stats... most of half thing happening in hockey cant be count but yes stats suggest...

Every team who build excluvely his team about avanced stats was trash because most of the stars are based about possession.

Ryan mcdonaugh is a kind of d who will not particularly good of avanced stats but he was best tampa dman defensive side ( better than Hedman) last 3 season

They dont exist any good formula to calculate defensive aspect and i dont think that will ever exist.
Every single team has an advanced stats department and they are all only getting bigger. Tampa is heavily involved with advanced stats. So is Colorado.

With that said, I like Manson. To dismiss advanced stats because you're a 'watches the game' guy is unintelligent.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Every single team has an advanced stats department and they are all only getting bigger. Tampa is heavily involved with advanced stats. So is Colorado.

With that said, I like Manson. To dismiss advanced stats because you're a 'watches the game' guy is unintelligent.
That's one bizarre ego-filled post you are responding to. Yikes. lol

Last edited:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

1-Yeah every team still analyse avanced stats but dont base all his team about avanced stats or they will not traded for manson, lehkonen, coleman, goodrow, mcdonaugh type of player...and tampa would never won 2 cup and get a chance for a 3rd one and colorado would not be in final if they build their team around avanced stats

2- NHL team didn't count avanced stats like fan did, they got their own standard who are different in each team.

3-Avanced stats is a tool not reflect of reality... and a tool you need to understand how to use it...you cant calcylated grit, toughness, decision making, positionning, you cant calculate impact of leaderdhip... just to name a few...They're a lot of hockey things you cant calculate.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
1-Yeah every team still analyse avanced stats but dont base all his team about avanced stats or they will not traded for manson, lehkonen, coleman, goodrow, mcdonaugh type of player...and tampa would never won 2 cup and get a chance for a 3rd one and colorado would not be in final if they build their team around avanced stats

2- NHL team didn't count avanced stats like fan did, they got their own standard who are different in each team.

3-Avanced stats is a tool not reflect of reality... and a tool you need to understand how to use it...you cant calcylated grit, toughness, decision making, positionning, you cant calculate impact of leaderdhip... just to name a few...They're a lot of hockey things you cant calculate.
There is no team in the league that makes every decision based off of advanced stats. You've made up an argument in your head and are fighting against yourself.

Reactions: kb and stickty111

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
There is no team in the league that makes every decision based off of advanced stats. You've made up an argument in your head and are fighting against yourself.

I was just answer to the guy who was telling manson looking trash in every stats but its kind of d who will never look good on avanced stats but still kind of player you need in your team...

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I was just answer to the guy who was telling manson looking trash in every stats but its kind of d who will never look good on avanced stats but still kind of player you need in your team...

So why don't they play him more if he's so important?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

Focussing on Josh Manson in these playoffs is like focussing on Devante Smith Pelly rather than Evgeny Kuznetsov in the 18 playoffs.

It's worse because at least Pelly had some big goals.

Reactions: kb

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Actually you made up the argument. Anyone who see his debate knows he is literally saying "There is no team in the league that makes every decision based off of advanced stats" with respect to Josh Manson.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Manson is definitely a good piece for a contending team that's close to the finish

Avs were very close always but found ways to lose in the second round

Leafs I don't think are that close yet. Besides losing in the first round I don't see us having the quality depth to provide key playoff scoring and clutch defensive plays like a Manson, Burakovsky, Nuke etc

If our prospects grow into those role than I'd look to buy a Manson type finishing piece (like Tampa did with Savard in 2021)

Leafs really shouldn't be buyers with how little success we've had so far.

Reactions: LeafChief

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Manson is definitely a good piece for a contending team that's close to the finish

Avs were very close always but found ways to lose in the second round

Leafs I don't think are that close yet. Besides losing in the first round I don't see us having the quality depth to provide key playoff scoring and clutch defensive plays like a Manson, Burakovsky, Nuke etc

If our prospects grow into those role than I'd look to buy a Manson type finishing piece (like Tampa did with Savard in 2021)

Leafs really shouldn't be buyers with how little success we've had so far.

What was the difference between past year avs and this season ? They add grit...
what was the diffenrence between tampa 2019 and tampa 2020-2021-2022? They add Grit

What was the differenfe between edmonton, stl and colorado ? Superstars ? No depht player
Game 6 against stl
Compher 2 goal
Helm game winning goal

Edmonton game 3 Compher game winning goal game 3
Game 4 lehkonen game winning goal

Game 4 vs tampa
Game tying goal cogliano

You dont play at 5... you need the work of 19 player on the ice... and manson we didnt talk about a 12th foward we talked about a d colorado used as a top 4 dman

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I’m personally looking at paul. Janmark. Namestikov. Jarnkrok as options from ufa pool.

Maybe stroke. Kubalik from RFA? Not sure who won’t be qualified….

Jarnkrok makes more sense for the bottom 6 than the top 6 for me. Janmark does not seem like a great fit for our team; he seems like the kind of guy who is going to get a cheaper deal from a bottom feeder to fill a middle 6 spot and hopefully perform well enough to garner interest from a contender at the TDL. Namestnikov is the same, but he may be a strong enough fit for the 2nd line to warrant bringing him in for a cheap deal and letting him compete for the job. Otherwise, he is offensive depth in the bottom 6.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Everyone is a watches the game type. Advance Stats are because there is no "the eye test" because everyone has their own biases. I don't know how to use the advanced stats ( I also do intend to put the effort in to learn) but I do know you have to watch the games to utilize advanced stats.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Look at tampa
With the refs on their side they won two cups

This year the refs are favouring colorado

I hooe pretty soon we have to kiss some ass and get them on our side
Will NEVER happen. The Leafs need to build a team good enough to win despite the refs... And I don't know if it's even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad