Trade and Free Agency Thread - 2021/22 - Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I'm betting they offload Martinez for nothing similar to Fleury last year. Detroit would probably gladly take the hometown player with 2 cups to play alongside Seider for the next 2 years. Winnipeg probably gladly takes back Brossoit assuming Comrie leaves. Vegas then rolls out something like this with Smith taking closer to 5M:

View attachment 561365

What website did you do this on, is this Evolving Wild?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What does everyone think of these trades ?
To
Toronto
13th overall
Raty
Wahlstrom
Mayfield

To
Islanders
Nylander
Steeves
2023 1st top ten protected

To
Sens
Kerfoot

To
Toronto
Sens 2022 2nd

To
Dallas
Holl

To
Toronto
2022 3rd
2022 4th

To
Chicago
Mrazek
2024 2nd Leafs
2022 3rd Dallas
2022 3rd Leafs

To
Ducks
2022 1st Leafs
Robertson
Muzzin

To
Leafs
Gibson

To
Vegas
39th overall

To
Leafs
Roy

Leafs Retain 13th overall, and 115th overall.

Resign
Sandin 1.75 x 2
Liljegren 2 x 2
Engvall 1.65 x 1
Lyubushkin 1.75 x 2
Roy 2.5 x 3

Ufa
Copp 5.5 x 7
Athanasiou 3 x 3
Kessel 3 x 1
Zar 1.5 x 2
Comrie 1.2 x 2

Bunting Matthews Marner
Copp Tavares Wahlstrom
Athanasiou Roy Kessel
Zar Kampf Engvall

Reilly Brodie
Sandin Mayfield
Gio Liljegren
Lyubushkin

Gibson
Comrie

We also have Raty as a potential future 2c and the 13th overall to add to the prospect pool.

That 2nd line sucks.

Reactions: BayStBullies

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If Chicago doesn't qualify him, and the Leafs move out Kerfoot I want Kubalik.

Bunting Matthews Marner

Kubalik Tavares Nylander

Statsny Kampf Vatrano

That would give the Leafs 3 capable lines.

Still need to find the goalie but that's a deep top 9

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
He's a prime offer sheet candidate. If he gets a 4M offer sheet he's probably gone.

Classic offer sheet situation, the player needs to accept the offer sheet in the first place. How many desirable teams can afford 4+ for Third Line C? Only to have to re-up them a year later? I think the Kotka situation has created more buyer beware in this situation.

We could offer 2-3 years 2.5-3.5m and move out Kerfoot. Strength down the middle with Matthews-Tavares-Roy-Kampf.

Worst case start the year Mrazek-Brossoit and maybe go for Hellebucyk at the deadline and get rid of Mrazek then, although I’d rather get him for the entire season. Brossoit wasn’t great last year but I’ve always liked him in a back up role.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Classic offer sheet situation, the player needs to accept the offer sheet in the first place. How many desirable teams can afford 4+ for Third Line C? Only to have to re-up them a year later?
An offer sheet can be more than 1 year. His production this year justifies 4M. I could see teams using him as 2C or 2RW. He could play 2C in CGY or OTT.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
What does everyone think of these trades ?
To
Toronto
13th overall
Raty
Wahlstrom
Mayfield

To
Islanders
Nylander
Steeves
2023 1st top ten protected

To
Sens
Kerfoot

To
Toronto
Sens 2022 2nd

To
Dallas
Holl

To
Toronto
2022 3rd
2022 4th

To
Chicago
Mrazek
2024 2nd Leafs
2022 3rd Dallas
2022 3rd Leafs

To
Ducks
2022 1st Leafs
Robertson
Muzzin

To
Leafs
Gibson

To
Vegas
39th overall

To
Leafs
Roy
I think the Islanders give up too much for Nylander. They don’t have the cap space to absorb him right now with Dobson due.

The Ducks trade is bad. Gibson is washed and that trade would bite the Leafs in season 1 out of 5.

I think Nylander for Varlamov, 13OA+Wahlstrom could make sense. I’m not sure if Wahlstrom is a lock to be a top 6 player going forward.

The Mrazek/Holl/Kerfoot deals are probably very close to reality.

VGK probably do that deal for Roy. He’d be a fine 3C for the Leafs. Unfortunately not a defensive 3C but Colorado is about to win a cup with an offensive 3rd line.

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
See i agree but it's gotta make sense right. I'm fine trading them for a core piece. Not bits and pieces. That just doesn't work. Imo anyway.
If you can get Tomasino+17OA for Nylander and sign Husso/Marchment with that cap space would you consider that bits and pieces?

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Bunting Matthews Marner
Copp Tavares Wahlstrom
Athanasiou Roy Kessel
Zar Kampf Engvall

Reilly Brodie
Sandin Mayfield
Gio Liljegren
Lyubushkin

Gibson
Comrie
Here's this roster using EH cap projections/WAR value:

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 9.00.24 AM.png

The 2nd line is a bit underwhelming especially compared to the 1st line. The 3rd line is atrocious defensively but they bring more offense than the 2nd. The goaltending tandem is fine. Comrie's value is through the roof because his 19 games this year were on par with Shesterkin.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

View attachment 561933

The 2nd line is a bit underwhelming especially compared to the 1st line. The 3rd line is atrocious defensively but they bring more offense than the 2nd. The goaltending tandem is fine. Comrie's value is through the roof because his 19 games this year were on par with Shesterkin.
I really appreciate you doing this. It gives more context to the line up I tried to create. Thank you.

Reactions: Americanadian

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I kinda think we are looking at Comrie. CJ keeps saying we are looking at under the radar goalies. He would be the one I can see

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

View attachment 561933

Curious how this compares to a 115 point team?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I kinda think we are looking at Comrie. CJ keeps saying we are looking at under the radar goalies. He would be the one I can see

If they can sign him to around 1M (or any amount that you can bury), then he fits the back-up role. The Leafs will still need a strong starter.

Comrie had a good season for a pure back-up. But that's about it. He's about to turn 27 and has been a journeyman goaltender for a long long time. Maybe he turned a corner, but that seems unlikely.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If they can sign him to around 1M (or any amount that you can bury), then he fits the back-up role. The Leafs will still need a strong starter.

Comrie had a good season for a pure back-up. But that's about it. He's about to turn 27 and has been a journeyman goaltender for a long long time. Maybe he turned a corner, but that seems unlikely.

I think he would be the new Campbell. A backup who hasn’t broken out. Fits the bill.

I don’t see him as like a mrazek/ Comrie but maybe mrazek and husso/fleury etc

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think he would be the new Campbell. A backup who hasn’t broken out. Fits the bill.

I don’t see him as like a mrazek/ Comrie but maybe mrazek and husso/fleury etc

I go up and down the list of choices for the Leafs and it changes everytime as to how I think it will go down. Comrie is typically always one that makes the cut or that I think will be a likely signing.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I dont understand the buzz around husso.

Answer for finally solve goalie issues and finally pass first round... sign the worst goalie of current playoff and who will cost probably around 3 to 4M...

Last edited:
Reactions: justashadowof

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I go up and down the list of choices for the Leafs and it changes everytime as to how I think it will go down. Comrie is typically always one that makes the cut or that I think will be a likely signing.
I don’t see how he doesn’t end up in Edmonton. They’re in desperate need for 1 NHL goalie, maybe 2. He’s from there. They can give him as many games as he wants.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I mean, that's incredibly optimistic, but I'll take it. LOL
Editor in Leaf is pretty much the Mike Wilner of the Leafs, so I wouldn't take the site seriously. Still rather that than the constant negativity about the team.

Reactions: aingefan and ULF_55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad