Trade and Free Agency Thread - 2021/22 - Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
One or the other. They have like 5 million total. Unless they get rid of killorn somehiw
They always seem to find a way to make the right moves. I do think they made a mistake with Hagel and perhaps even Paul this TDL - a lot of futures moved there including M Joseph who is solid.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They always seem to find a way to make the right moves. I do think they made a mistake with Hagel and perhaps even Paul this TDL - a lot of futures moved there including M Joseph who is solid.
Tough to fault them, Paul was one of their better players. Hagel isnt worth 2 firsts, but hes a top 6 forward making 1.5M next year.

SJ picked up Kahkonen at the last minute of the trade deadline this year. That’s why Reimer might be available now.
I mean more from the Leafs side and how they havent jumped at him as an option when needing a backup or goaltending depth.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If we were looking to make a big core shakeup this team can be constructed and be cap compliant

Main trade is Nylander for Saros

Then mrazek + 1st + Sandin for Jaden Scwartz + Leafs 2nd

Kerfoot to sens for a 2nd and a 3rd

Sign Kessel at 2.2M, Tierney at 1.7M, Comrie at 2M
Can't see the Preds doing that deal at all.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Need to clear space to get Paul.

Friedman and CJ both said the Leafs will look for players with more edge in the top 6

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
The line doesn't need blazing speed.
No, but it needs a guy who’s a good enough skater that he can be first in on the forecheck and create turnovers along the boards while being heady enough to make smart plays and get back in time.
None of which is stuff AA is any good at aside from being a good skater imo.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
No, but it needs a guy who’s a good enough skater that he can be first in on the forecheck and create turnovers along the boards while being heady enough to make smart plays and get back in time.
None of which is stuff AA is any good at aside from being a good skater imo.

Sounds like Joey Anderson to me.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Joey Anderson doesn’t belong on the 4th line. Never mind the 2nd line

Strongly disagree.

He just played his 23 year old season with the Marlies, and he outperformed Hyman on a much worse team with much less offensive support.

We need to start trusting these guys. They are good prospects. We've developed them well. Give them some proper opportunities to be the players we need them to be in the NHL.

It is a lot better than throwing albatross contracts at guys like Hyman and Coleman at UFA. Would not be surprised if Paul is the same. None of these guys were really any better than Anderson was at the same age (and all of them were in the AHL at that time too).

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Strongly disagree.

He just played his 23 year old season with the Marlies, and he outperformed Hyman on a much worse team with much less offensive support.

We need to start trusting these guys. They are good prospects. We've developed them well. Give them some proper opportunities to be the players we need them to be in the NHL.

It is a lot better than throwing albatross contracts at guys like Hyman and Coleman at UFA. Would not be surprised if Paul is the same. None of these guys were really any better than Anderson was at the same age (and all of them were in the AHL at that time too).
I'd like to think that Anderson is still part of the plan here (at the very least for the contract given to him). What potentially gives me pause is both the six games in two seasons as a Leaf and also the previously being placed on waivers by the team.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I'd like to think that Anderson is still part of the plan here (at the very least for the contract given to him). What potentially gives me pause is both the six games in two seasons as a Leaf and also the previously being placed on waivers by the team.

Not too concerned about waivers. Plenty of players have been put on waivers and have turned out (Nick Paul being a more relevant example right now).

As for opportunities, we were too busy playing underperforming players like Clifford and Simmonds unfortunately. Clifford almost played as many games as all of our good prospects combined, and he only played 23.

Anderson does have 58 games of NHL experience overall, and that is double what Bunting had before we put him on the top line (and Bunting is 3 years older than Anderson). Hyman had zero NHL experience before he was made a full time NHLer after the TDL in our rebuild stage.

Anderson may or may not work out, but he has upside, he is cheap, and he plays the kind of game the 2nd line needs right now. I'd rather that than taking a chance on an inflated UFA contract, likely on a guy who is not going to live up to it, and having less space elsewhere. That 2LW spot just needs a round peg to fill the round hole; JT and Nylander can do the rest.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Strongly disagree.

I agree we need to give our own prospects much longer looks. Look no further than Marchment as one of the latest mistakes.Robertson and Anderson should be given every opportunity to carve out roles imo.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Seeing the Avs win...happy for Kadri, wish we kept him.

On the other hand it shows a couple of different things too....Avs were bold and did make trades a while back, they botched the ROR one entirely but did well in the Duchene trade.

Maybe Kadri is the ROR one for Dubas....but he can't be gun shy, if there is a deal out there that makes us a better team and Nylander is involved in it, you can't hesitate.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Devils have cap space, and I'd offer them Campbell's right, and Mrazek and Holl since they need a RD to replace Subban for Blackwood, and some filler prospect/picks.
if they are as high as rumoured on Campbell, they could be all over a deal like this, and have seen tons of Mrazek over the years with Det and Car, so they have seen first hand plenty of times that he's better than last year.
This. If they're so into Campbell, this is our opportunity to acquire Blackwood from them in a larger deal involving Campbell's rights. We may have an advantage over other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest