Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Go for Larkin.

JEE
Menell
1st

Then move Dumba to replace the 1st and prospect.

Dumba

Prospect
1st 2022 or 2023

Larkin, Fiala, Greenway, Sturm Foligno, Zuccerello, Parise

Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon

KK

Soucy picked.

Zucc Larkin Kaprizov
Boldy Rossi/Rask Fiala
Greenway Hartman Foligno
Parise Sturm xxxxx

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin xxxx
Cole Addison

Doesn’t compute.

Okay honest question do you want cancer like him in the lockeroom?

It's been talked about on NHL Network that Calgary has had numerous coaching changes, & including recently to Former Darrell S, & Monahan, & Johnny G has been huge problems in the lockeroom, & off.

Johnny G even went public & bashed the new coach saying he doesn't care for playing in the new coach contract, & basically do whatever he wants

With Monahan, apparently he's not giving any effort on ice, / during games, & he also went public with the fact he sees himself as a superstar, & how their coach new one can't expect him , & Johnny to play well defensively either

NHL network Kevin weeks, former Canucks player whose retired bashed Sean Monahan, & Johnny G on air.

Links?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Foligno not getting enough attention as a Seattle target. He’s always had great underlying numbers and intangibles and this season he is scoring at a career high rate. Feels like everyone is assuming we lose Soucy, but Foligno has to be someone they take a hard look at

There are a lot of pending UFA's right now that haven't signed extensions, most likely due to expansion protection reasons, benefiting their organization. Foligno was definitely a candidate for us to do the same. Signing the extension when he did makes me believe that Guerin has all but made the decision to go 7-3-1.

His choice now is between losing Dumba and Soucy, but getting assets back; or just losing Dumba, and use keeping Soucy as the "asset" that he gets back. All depends on what Dumba could actually get though. I'm of the belief that there should be something out there, somewhere, in the Zucker/Mantha range of deals. I like Soucy a lot, but I would give him up for those kinds of assets.

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
LaPanta said Soucy is fourth in the league in penalty minutes. And he doesn't fight, so they are all bad play penalties.
Good riddance.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Foligno not getting enough attention as a Seattle target. He’s always had great underlying numbers and intangibles and this season he is scoring at a career high rate. Feels like everyone is assuming we lose Soucy, but Foligno has to be someone they take a hard look at
if Dumba is traded before the ED then Guerin might go 7+3, allowing him to protect Foligno. If he doesn't trade Dumba, then he might go 7+3 anyway, reasoning that he will at least keep one of Soucy/Dumba, and all of his forwards. The way Talbot is playing, HE might be the one picked, which would be a good news, bad news scenario. Talbot is not young, and doesn't have a track record of being a top goalie, but he has been terrific this year. OTOH, we'd keep all of our skaters. I think I'd rather keep Talbot, TBH.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
LaPanta said Soucy is fourth in the league in penalty minutes. And he doesn't fight, so they are all bad play penalties.
Good riddance.

I can't testify to what LaPanta did or did not say, but that's not even factual. He's currently 12th in the league for PIMs, 8 behind 4th place. That doesn't sound like much, but he's only at 47, so adding 8 is significant. And he has been in at least one fight that I can remember (Lawson Crouse). Pretty sure he's been in at least a few fights this year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Good riddance.

4th in the league for defensemen.

2 fights. 1 major (Garland hit). A string of a bad 4 games where he got 14 of the 47 PIMS, appears all on minors.

Other than that, pacing 31 points per 82 games (all ES) and sitting at a +19. Not really a "good riddance" situation at all.

FYI, Greenway is sitting 3 PIMs behind Soucy with zero fights. Would he be a "good riddance" too?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Wild are going to protect him. Didn't sign him to extension to expose him, Guerin made that clear

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Go for Larkin.

JEE
Menell
1st

Then move Dumba to replace the 1st and prospect.

Dumba

Prospect
1st 2022 or 2023

Larkin, Fiala, Greenway, Sturm Foligno, Zuccerello, Parise

Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon

KK

Soucy picked.

Zucc Larkin Kaprizov
Boldy Rossi/Rask Fiala
Greenway Hartman Foligno
Parise Sturm xxxxx

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin xxxx
Cole Addison

This is just beyond crazy. You don't trade Joel Eriksson Ek to add Larkin. One is just taking a step back

Some of you are too desperate for c to the point you are willing to trade away a good , really good young defense beast in Ek whose also going back to last year his offense skills are coming together.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There are a lot of pending UFA's right now that haven't signed extensions, most likely due to expansion protection reasons, benefiting their organization. Foligno was definitely a candidate for us to do the same. Signing the extension when he did makes me believe that Guerin has all but made the decision to go 7-3-1.

His choice now is between losing Dumba and Soucy, but getting assets back; or just losing Dumba, and use keeping Soucy as the "asset" that he gets back. All depends on what Dumba could actually get though. I'm of the belief that there should be something out there, somewhere, in the Zucker/Mantha range of deals. I like Soucy a lot, but I would give him up for those kinds of assets.
Either Guerin’s an idiot, or Dumba isn’t returning what Mantha did. Maybe a combination of both. I just have a hard time seeing dumba fetching that when so few teams have an expansion slot open for a defenseman.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This is just beyond crazy. You don't trade Joel Eriksson Ek to add Larkin. One is just taking a step back

Some of you are too desperate for c to the point you are willing to trade away a good , really good young defense beast in Ek whose also going back to last year his offense skills are coming together.

Yes, you very much do. But doesn’t matter because Detroit laughs at it.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
4th in the league for defensemen.

2 fights. 1 major (Garland hit). A string of a bad 4 games where he got 14 of the 47 PIMS, appears all on minors.

Other than that, pacing 31 points per 82 games (all ES) and sitting at a +19. Not really a "good riddance" situation at all.

FYI, Greenway is sitting 3 PIMs behind Soucy with zero fights. Would he be a "good riddance" too?

Well I'd still say Soucy spends too much time in the penalty box. Greenway...only thing that impressed me is his frame.

As we know, there are a lot of guys on this team playing for a job next season. I hope they keep that in mind.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
The longer this goes on the more it almost feels like guerin might have some inside information on a pending FA that wants to come here that he can sign with dumbas money. The lack of urgency on trading him almost makes it more apparent.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The longer this goes on the more it almost feels like guerin might have some inside information on a pending FA that wants to come here that he can sign with dumbas money. The lack of urgency on trading him almost makes it more apparent.

Maybe.

The bad part about that is the UFA is probably Nick Foligno....

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Sounds like tampering.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Maybe.

The bad part about that is the UFA is probably Nick Foligno....

I could see that, i will say this, Looking at stats alone, hes pretty close to what danault puts up. Yes his faceoff percentage is worse, but his shooting percentage is better. Difference being this: foligno has played on horses*** teams his whole career, where danault has played on a pretty good roster his whole career. Foligno has put up a 73 point season at one point (i dont know the details) but he might not be a terrible filler for a few years at a reasonable salary.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Was reading some Twitter fun and there are two teams confirmed to be geared up to make a big push at eichel. What if one of them is us and that’s why he held tight? Throwing all the chips in one basket.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I could see that, i will say this, Looking at stats alone, hes pretty close to what danault puts up. Yes his faceoff percentage is worse, but his shooting percentage is better. Difference being this: foligno has played on horses*** teams his whole career, where danault has played on a pretty good roster his whole career. Foligno has put up a 73 point season at one point (i dont know the details) but he might not be a terrible filler for a few years at a reasonable salary.

Foligno's 73 point season was like 6 years ago, and buoyed by high individual and on ice shooting percentages. Complete fluke he never came close to replicating.

Denault by any measure is twice the player at this stage by any measure.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad