boldy-ek-fiala
greenway-sturm-foligno
menell-dewar-hartman

brodin-dumba
suter-spurgeon
cole-addison

there you go problem solved :sarcasm:

Where's Parise? A scratch?

Also Rossi may need some time in the AHL next season to get back to game shape. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a mid-to-late season addition to the squad.

You also don't break up Greenway - Ek - Foligno, if you can help it.

I'm thinking Boldy on the left side top 6 would be a good place for him, but may want to see

Boldy - ??? - Kaprizov
Fiala - Sturm? - Zuccs

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'd like to see:

Zuccarello - UFA - Kaprizov
Greenway - EE - Foligno
Boldy - Rossi - Fiala
Parise - Hartman - Sturm

Suter - Spurgeon
Soucy/Brodin - Brodin/Dumba
Cole - Menell

- Buy out Rask.

- If we are able to clear enough cap space, I would like a 2C-level player signed from outside the organization to go between Zuccarello and Kaprizov.

- I still think Cole could fill a veteran role playing alongside one of the rookies, assuming he would be willing to take a pay cut to stay.

- If Rossi isn't ready to start the season, shift Hartman up to center the 3rd line and Sturm can center the 4th line with a plugger on the RW....maybe Dewar or Giroux

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Where's Parise? A scratch?

Also Rossi may need some time in the AHL next season to get back to game shape. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a mid-to-late season addition to the squad.

You also don't break up Greenway - Ek - Foligno, if you can help it.

I'm thinking Boldy on the left side top 6 would be a good place for him, but may want to see

Boldy - ??? - Kaprizov
Fiala - Sturm? - Zuccs

parise is bought out like he should be.
and you break up the ek line because sturm can fill that roll and we need a 2c, which hes proven he can kinda do this year in a koivuesque sort of way. boldy can play with fiala like i said.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
parise is bought out like he should be.
and you break up the ek line because sturm can fill that roll and we need a 2c, which hes proven he can kinda do this year in a koivuesque sort of way. boldy can play with fiala like i said.

I wouldn't say there is a zero percent chance of this happening....but it's pretty close to zero.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Russo seems to agree with the person that Seattle will take Soucy. I kinda put the idea out there a few days ago just by comparing the numbers they both have, which are similar, while one person makes far less. They’re the same age and have the same amount of years on their deal.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I wouldn't say there is a zero percent chance of this happening....but it's pretty close to zero.

as low as that chance may be, this is probably the best year to do it if youre going to. Facts are this, for the most part hes looked pretty bad this year, hes only going to get worse, and it allows cap flexibility for this year, solves a protection dilemma, and allows you to postpone making a move of dumba unless you get offered a great deal. you can easily fill his role on the team currently with a prospect making much less while at the same time using his spot to motivate players in the ahl to earn the spot.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
as low as that chance may be, this is probably the best year to do it if youre going to. Facts are this, for the most part hes looked pretty bad this year, hes only going to get worse, and it allows cap flexibility for this year, solves a protection dilemma, and allows you to postpone making a move of dumba unless you get offered a great deal. you can easily fill his role on the team currently with a prospect making much less while at the same time using his spot to motivate players in the ahl to earn the spot.

The only way I see this happening is if it can be determined that the cap will will indeed jump significantly with the new television deals....When I say "significantly" I mean at least $5 - $10 million.

That would lessen the sting of the cap hits for his final 3 seasons at least a little.

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
The only way I see this happening is if it can be determined that the cap will will indeed jump significantly with the new television deals....When I say "significantly" I mean at least $5 - $10 million.

That would reduce the sting of the cap hits for his final 3 seasons at least a little.

i mean, i can definately see 5m happening, you have fans back in the stands, new tv deal, expansion team added which increases league revenue, inflation...

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Two rookie RHD who both play a finesse game on the 3rd pairing? Yikes.

I would probably start Addison in Iowa, but I would like Menell to be paired with a responsible veteran....like Cole, at least to start.
If our biggest issue is who is playing third pairing D then we are pretty well off, especially when the other option is blowing a hole through the top pairing.
Here's another crazy idea; Cole isn't going to be making what he's going to be making next season?

The biggest issue here is trying to find a spot for Menell AND Addison as both have shown they really don't have anything left in the AHL. The Wild are overloaded at the right-side currently with Addison, Menell, Belpedio (who is good depth) in the minors and Dumba and Spurgeon in the majors.

So run
Brodin-Dumba
Suter-Spurgeon
Cole-Menell

How has Addison shown he doesn't have anything left to prove in the AHL? The guy hasn't even played half an AHL season.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If our biggest issue is who is playing third pairing D then we are pretty well off, especially when the other option is blowing a hole through the top pairing.

So run
Brodin-Dumba
Suter-Spurgeon
Cole-Menell

How has Addison shown he doesn't have anything left to prove in the AHL? The guy hasn't even played half an AHL season.

What does our forward lineup look like then?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
About the same as the other option of letting Dumba go for free.

$3.25M gives us the additional space to upgrade the center position.

Plus the added benefit of not needing to find a UFA replacement for Soucy (e.g Cole)

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Cole (~$2M) - Menell (~$1.25M)

Defense cap hit: $30.4M

Versus

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Menell (~$1.25M)
Soucy - Addison ($800K)

Defense cap hit: $25.9M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.