Tracking the Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Trotz wanted to lose tonight.... book it... scum.

Cut us a little slack. Rinne has played 43 of 47 games this year and Flipper had to be sent down to avoid burning a year of ELC eligibility. Wilson / Bourque / Gaustad all had season-ending surgery; Hornqvist and Beck are injured. Team is just a mess.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Cut us a little slack. Rinne has played 43 of 47 games this year and Flipper had to be sent down to avoid burning a year of ELC eligibility. Wilson / Bourque / Gaustad all had season-ending surgery; Hornqvist and Beck are injured. Team is just a mess.

Your team will do what it believes in their best interests, just as any other team would.

However, if Trotz decides to start Rinne against us tomorrow night, then I might get a bit angry... :p:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Not on the Mason/Rinne front. There are only two games left and they weren't playing the Avs or some other team out of it. It wasn't a back-to-back. Not a cool move, especially if he plays Rinne on Saturday. If this was some young goal tender you were taking a look at, it wouldn't have bothered me. But this is Mason.

The rest of that stuff I don't care about, meaning it doesn't bother me.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Despite not officially being eliminated, I've put the playoffs to sleep.

I'm not angry or anything. Never would I have believed this team could turn it around, at least in the W-L column, as they've been playing good hockey all season.

Post-Howson firing, I'm a realist about this.

Missing the playoffs does sting the pride a bit, especially since the amazing tear the team has been on since the 1st of March, essentially. Had they won 2 or 3 games in regulation instead of going into OT to finish it, I might be singing a different tune. And regardless of the joy the team has brought me this season, We will miss out one of the these big "can't miss" guys near the top of draft and I continue to search high and low for where our "scoring talent" is in the system.

That said. This organization rekindled a lot of what made year one so special. Cliche as it is, I can't think of another Jackets team, even the playoff team, that seemed as close knit and "for each other" as these guys. We look to have a solid foundation of accountability in the room, guys that, while not the most talented, hate to lose and demand other play as hard as they do. We have a new GM that's been heralded as a great mind of the game and a pioneer, of such, as the first Euro GM. We have a team president that not only has the experience of building an organization, but one that understands arguably the most important position in this game because he played it at the highest level. We are moving to the Eastern Conference, which should make roadtrip travel easier without having to constantly leave the time zone.

This organization has rekindled a lot of faith with me. Lets hope this is a trend that continues and the goal remains to compete, yearly, for the Stanley Cup.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Tomorrow will feel like a game 7, cant wait! Im hoping Detroit will be alittle tired after 4 games in 6 days and having to travel on the last. Same for Minny going back to back with the last on the road.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Wings fan here coming in peace. I just want to say that I agree that not playing Rinne was a classless move by the Preds. It wasn't a back to back and it's not like Mason has a future. He has only won one game all year and that was January. His goals against avg was 3.5. I think Trotz has a hard time explaining the decision, especially to you guys if he plays Rinne Saturday.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Dallas actually played pretty well for 3/4 of the game. Detroit playing its 4th game in 6 nights could give Dallas the extra jump, so not complete doom and gloom for tomorrow for me

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Hoping the Oilers can stop the Wild tonight. Minnesota has an extremely easy last two games but we can still hope that they choke! Would make it easier on our hearts Saturday night.

The Oilers are currently playing some the worst hockey they have played in the last three years and they have only won 1 of their last 20 games in Minnesota.

I'm rooting for you guys to make the playoffs, but I think you're going to have to do it at the expense of Detroit.

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Trotz is starting Renne tomorrow and they have recalled the guys they sent down instead of playing them against the Red Wings. Preds said they sent Flipper down so they wouldn't burn a year of his contract, but they will anyways when he plays tomorrow.Looks like Nashville has decided who they want in the playoffs and it isn't the Jackets. Real classy organization

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Cut us a little slack. Rinne has played 43 of 47 games this year and Flipper had to be sent down to avoid burning a year of ELC eligibility.

And according to this item posted on Preds official site, they recalled Forsberg.

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled forward Filip Forsberg from Milwaukee (AHL),

Wings fan here coming in peace. I just want to say that I agree that not playing Rinne was a classless move by the Preds.... I think Trotz has a hard time explaining the decision, especially to you guys if he plays Rinne Saturday.

Agreed. Thank you for your perspective.

Trotz is starting Renne tomorrow and they have recalled the guys they sent down instead of playing them against the Red Wings. Preds said they sent Flipper down so they wouldn't burn a year of his contract, but they will anyways when he plays tomorrow.Looks like Nashville has decided who they want in the playoffs and it isn't the Jackets. Real classy organization

I've always had a fondness for Nashville. But right now I am fuming over the decision to start Mason instead of Rinne, when it could have been done against a non-contender. If Rinne starts tomorrow night, people in the NHL media should call out the Preds and Trotz.

solomonsacct

Sep 4, 2011

Wow. I'm very curious to hear a Nashville fan explain or justify this.

How can you assuming it's true?

Someone should make a thread about this in the general sub-forum. Curious to see how neutrals feel.

Steeltown Jacket

FanFromPensTerritory
Aug 8, 2011
Central Ohio
Has it been confirmed that Renne is starting tomorrow? Portzline said earlier today that he believes Renne has been "shut down" for the season and the Preds are willing to let Mason start the last game for redemption and hope for a good performance.

UDFlyers

Jun 30, 2011
first time poster, but long time lurker. been a season ticket holder since the inaugural season and the last time I was this excited was for the playoff series. Even if we don't make the playoffs, Im liking the direction that we are in. Lets go Jackets and come on playoffs!!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm not sure where it is written that a coach owes another organization anything. If I'm the Nashville GM would I prefer to lose the last 2 games and get a better draft pick or would I rather help the jackets make the playoffs. While I'm sure this will get all the tanking is wrong crowd all riled up again I'd rather have option 1.

And why in God's name they are going to burn a year of Forsberg's contract is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad