OT: Totally Legal Music Sharing Thread sponsored by Napster

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
RIP George.

fun fact: $10M from George to launch the movie.
upload_2021-2-13_17-1-26.png

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

We all post stuff here hoping that everyone will give it a listen, and that it might make someone else's day just a little better. Happy Sunday!

Reactions: Shaman464

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

Do you speak the lingo?
Trucker's Atlas. Modest Mouse.
One of the great drumming performances in indie rock

Saw them in Royal Oak in 2010. I went with my little brother...he was a big fan but I hadn't heard much by them. I loved the show and I've been a fan ever since.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh and MBH

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

A band that a lot of people compare to Modest Mouse is Built to Spill. I see it a little, but there are lots of differences too. Saw those guys in '94 at Zoot's Coffeehouse in Detroit, which no longer exists. The band played in the living room, which is the 1st floor room with the bay window. Me, my gf, and 4 guys from Leamington were the only one's there lol.
87778.jpg

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

A band that a lot of people compare to Modest Mouse is Built to Spill. I see it a little, but there are lots of differences too. Saw those guys in '94 at Zoot's Coffeehouse in Detroit, which no longer exists. The band played in the living room, which is the 1st floor room with the bay window. Me, my gf, and 4 guys from Leamington were the only one's there lol.
View attachment 396939

I don't see a lot of similarities. They were part of the indie scene. BTS was always more straight ahead to me.
But I really like both bands.

Modest Mouse, to me, seemed more broody/moody/angry.
Isaac Brock (musician) - Wikipedia

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Agreed. With MM, I remember thinking, "When are they gonna play something happy?" They never did lol. I ended up really liking what they were doing, and that's all that matters.

Reactions: MBH

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

View attachment 396939

That story reminds me of some old friends from the late 80's-early 90's who were DeadHeads & groupies...ahhh the life, not a care in the world, just travel with your favorite band & party, or as the old saying goes "Sex, Drugs & Rock 'N Roll".

Disclaimer: I do not officially condone drugs, or "drugs".

upload_2021-2-16_15-52-32.png

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
That story reminds me of some old friends from the late 80's-early 90's who were DeadHeads & groupies...ahhh the life, not a care in the world, just travel with your favorite band & party, or as the old saying goes "Sex, Drugs & Rock 'N Roll".

View attachment 396956

LOL. I never got into the Dead. I friends who did... and they often traveled to their shows and came home with their crazy balloon-fueled tales.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

View attachment 396956
I like the idea of the GD, but was never a huge fan of the actual band. A good friend in college (I went to EMU) loved those guys and would sometimes travel around with them, and I respected that. On the night Jerry Garcia died, all the deadheads, my friend Art included, held a candlelight vigil at Frog Island. My buddy Rob and I were into far more aggressive music than that, but we went just for the hippy chicks lol.

Reactions: RabidBadger

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I like the idea of the GD, but was never a huge fan of the actual band. A good friend in college (I went to EMU) loved those guys and would sometimes travel around with them, and I respected that. On the night Jerry Garcia died, all the deadheads, my friend Art included, held a candlelight vigil at Frog Island. My buddy Rob and I were into far more aggressive music than that, but we went just for the hippy chicks lol.

Does Art have blonde hair and glasses?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I like ~7 of their songs, with Mexicali Blues being my favorite, by far. But I'm not into the Dead either. Saw them in the summer of '90, good show, barely remember the music, but the partying before/during/afterwards was fun. Adult fun, not the watered down Lalapalooza kind. :laugh:

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Does Art have blonde hair and glasses?

He does not. "Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell." (Credit to the Simpson's). One year for Halloween, her went as the Heatmiser. No glasses either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad