OT: Totally Legal Music Sharing Thread sponsored by Napster

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Good news, hockey fans!

We've secured an exclusive deal with Napster and they've been generous enough to sponsor this thread. Sorry Limewire, better luck next time.

Things you should link like it is hot:
  • Songs you can't stop humming.
  • Songs that you can't figure out if you like or not but can't stop thinking about.
  • Songs that remind you of that one girl in 7th grade. She smelled like raspberries and told you your backpack was cool.
  • Songs you want to flex to everyone to show you're very cool. What's up, cool guys.
Things you should also link:
  • Cool videos! Sometimes there's just no good place to share that neat little video you saw at 3am.
  • Podcasts. It's like radio but your friend Caroline has one and it's all about plants. This one is actually true. You're killing it, Caroline!
School is now in session.

626e6ac287b60e74be04d85704e308cf--d-school-school-of-rock.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Let's get things started.

I went through my playlist and searched by the songs I've listened to the most in the last year. Here's the results. These are not my top 3 songs of the year or anything, but they certainly got their share of play. I guess Geyser would be. Mitski is pure fire. I'll be sharing more of her for sure.

#1 - Geyser - Mitski

#2 - Empiricist - Typhoon

#3 - Wanderlust (Ratatat Remix) - Bjork

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I liked these guys a lot about 15 years ago but kind of forgot about them and assumed they only had a couple good albums. Just rediscovered them and learned they have an extensive and very solid discography. Great for when you're in the mood to be pissed off at everything!

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
This comes off as a joke but is the honest to God truth. I re-watched the SNL episode hosted by Donald Glover before quarantine and this song/bit pops into my head all the time.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Also, I'll take the slings and arrows for this one and cut the corner off my man card, but this song will never fail to make me cry. Also then... the other side

2019 was a hell of a year for our family. I always valued being around them... but just events that happened in that year made it so clear that even as a 36 year old man, my dad is still my damn superhero. I really need to get off my ass and paint my goalie mask so I can share it with him how cool it is. The idea will be the playing card the Jack of Hearts... I get excited thinking about it. Sorry about my rambling and slight de-railing... Let's get back to good music!

Reactions: FabricDetails

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I just forgot about this song. Came up on shuffle the other day and now I can't get it out of my head.

How funny you shared this.

My friend shared this song with me recently. And I'm like, oh hey, I know this. This must be a cover of the Jose Gonzalez song! Wow, what a funky cover of an acoustic tune.

But it's completely the other way around. All this time I didn't know it wasn't an original song and it was Jose that made it into a simple guitar song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad