49:55 Down by the Seaside
55:12 Ten Years Gone
1:01:44 Night Flight
1:05:21 The Wanton Song
1:09:31 Boogie with Stu
1:13:33 Black Country Woman
1:17:57 Sick Again
1:22:41 The Swan Song

No Copyright infringement intended. Page not monetized. Sharing under U.S. Sec. 107, Fair Use; education, media etc. Thanks to original YT uploader/channel Irish O'African,

Irish O'African

38.9K subscribers

theres no bigger fan of bonham than me , but this version wanton song from the 90s is great without him

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
classic zepplin moment

The Barry Diament Masters/Remasters are amazing...like Steven Wilson remixes (YES & other bands) his time @ Atlantic during the original sessions & how they were mixed/produced had a lot to do with it.

Fun fact: Paul McCartney picked a hypothetical super group & Bonzo was the drummer. Hendrix on guitar. John Entwistle on bass, iirc. He also played on:

The more I study the history of rock (& all it's sub-genres & associated ones) I'm finding a lot of crossover. Common knowledge: Beatles & Stones, sitting in on each other's sessions, playing various instruments on occasion, background vocals etc. The Who & Stones. There's even a few bootlegs of all the music they (Beatles & Stones) did together, though obviously it was primarily 1 or the other band. Led Zep kinda did their own thing but did have occasional guests. Page & John Paul Jones both produced music/studio musicians in the ~'63-'68 pre-LZ days, working with lots of well known artists at the time.

The Who did covers of Under My Thumb etc. when the Stones (Keith & Mick) were arrested ~'66/'67.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeMC9VjtVag

David Bowie covers The Who:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwOQ5UQJ1dQ

upload_2021-5-24_7-16-7.png

Last edited:

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Some Canadian artists from the '90s. That Super Friendz disc was in high rotation for me in high school.

Reactions: MBH

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Jimi on the right side of pic, flippin' the bird). Same MC/Chopper as the South Saturn Delta LP (record) cover.

upload_2021-5-25_20-28-53.png

Villanova Junction (full version jam/outtake)

Last edited:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Do any of you already know what your wrestling entrance/pitcher walk up song would be? Or maybe just the artist? And if they're different then they're different. Obviously no wrong answers. Back when I was into Linkin Park I always thought they'd make a good wrestling entrance song. And then for Pitcher walk up... I don't know, actually because I'm not that into baseball. I might just do the whole Mariano Rivera thing and let the culture around me pick it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do any of you already know what your wrestling entrance/pitcher walk up song would be? Or maybe just the artist? And if they're different then they're different. Obviously no wrong answers. Back when I was into Linkin Park I always thought they'd make a good wrestling entrance song. And then for Pitcher walk up... I don't know, actually because I'm not that into baseball. I might just do the whole Mariano Rivera thing and let the culture around me pick it.

Oh I'm doing something grand then for my entrance!

I'd need a big flashy robe for that one. The drama.

If you're keeping it simple can't go wrong with Muse for a great hype song. Used to run to their music a lot. The beats seem to have a good jogging pace for when I'm dragging ass and don't want to push.

I could pick so many more though. I keep thinking of a new one after I find the previous one. So I'll go with like a surprise banger.

Sleater Kinney's "Entertain" would be a totally fitting entrance tune.

And yeah if you only know Carrie from Portlandia prepare to have your face melted.

Reactions: MBH

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
20 year anniversary?!

Son of a bitch.

UPDATE: Threw a few songs on from the new remix and holy smokes did they put fresh air into this one. Muse rarely moves into my rotation these days, but god damn did the song "Bliss" sound incredible in the new mix. Thanks @DATSOMATIC13 for the heads up on this one. Real treat.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
20 year anniversary?!

Son of a bitch.
Their 1st demos & EP's were 97/98. I've got all of their stuff & then some. Discovered them in '03 thanks to a DJ who happened to play something from Absolution. Been a fan ever since. They're the best band since the 1970's imo. Better than Nirvana 90's, G'n'R 80's. Almost as good as Rush/Van Halen (70's), but they're closing the now small bap between them. They won't break into my top 7 ever:
Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Yes (71-80), The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors. Rush/Pink Floyd/Van Halen 8-10, I could see them passing the latter 2.

Still I have them rated #11 all-time/genres, above Nirvana, McCartney solo/Wings, Eric Clapton solo+(Cream/Derek & Dominos etc), Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Kinks, Beach Boys, G'n'R, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Boston, King Crimson etc.

Have you seen them live?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
UPDATE: Threw a few songs on from the new remix and holy smokes did they put fresh air into this one. Muse rarely moves into my rotation these days, but god damn did the song "Bliss" sound incredible in the new mix. Thanks @DATSOMATIC13 for the heads up on this one. Real treat.
Good. I'm always happy to share good music. Do you DL or just stream?

Bootlegs? y/n

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Their 1st demos & EP's were 97/98. I've got all of their stuff & then some. Discovered them in '03 thanks to a DJ who happened to play something from Absolution. Been a fan ever since. They're the best band since the 1970's imo. Better than Nirvana 90's, G'n'R 80's. Almost as good as Rush/Van Halen (70's), but they're closing the now small bap between them. They won't break into my top 7 ever:
Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Yes (71-80), The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors. Rush/Pink Floyd/Van Halen 8-10, I could see them passing the latter 2.

Still I have them rated #11 all-time/genres, above Nirvana, McCartney solo/Wings, Eric Clapton solo+(Cream/Derek & Dominos etc), Bob Marley, Aerosmith, The Kinks, Beach Boys, G'n'R, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Boston, King Crimson etc.

Have you seen them live?

That's awesome. Muse really incorporates some wild tricks in their music that makes them someone you really enjoy listening to again. Alas, I have not seen them live. NIN, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine... but no Muse. Certainly feels like an oversight.

But someone I did see live are Explosions in the Sky, which is my newest recommendation for this thread, since I recently was gifted the vinyl (The Wilderness) and have been loving the hell out of it all over again.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Good. I'm always happy to share good music. Do you DL or just stream?

Bootlegs? y/n

I subscribe to Tidal currently. And I started grabbing the vinyl of my favorite albums when available to have something physical and tangible.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
That's awesome. Muse really incorporates some wild tricks in their music that makes them someone you really enjoy listening to again. Alas, I have not seen them live. NIN, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine... but no Muse. Certainly feels like an oversight.

But someone I did see live are Explosions in the Sky, which is my newest recommendation for this thread, since I recently was gifted the vinyl (The Wilderness) and have been loving the hell out of it all over again.

I totally forgot about NIN in my top 20+ list, I have all their stuff too. Rage too, but they're closer to top 40-ish rank.

NIN & Muse, similar artists in that their music is unlike (relatively speaking) almost any other bands, easily identifiable, but to your point, stuff you enjoy listening to over & over.

I have ~7 Radiohead cd copies, really like 3 of their songs, rest is kinda vanilla...they're ok, but too eclectic for my taste, very similar to Peter Gabriel era Genesis. Vocals, music, even lyrics are fine, but they don't blend together well, imo. (Lamb Lies Down On Broadway LP being a huge exception). I'll revisit Radiohead again. Weezer is another band I've to delve into more. I like a few of their songs, but wanna sample all their cds to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

Explosions in the Sky, I'll check 'em out.

Do you DL or just stream? Bootlegs? y/n

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I subscribe to Tidal currently. And I started grabbing the vinyl of my favorite albums when available to have something physical and tangible.
There are tons of sites to DL music (build your digital library). The bootlegs (often unofficial & unreleased/outtakes/sessions/demos etc) are not commercially available so they're not robbing from the artist & therefore legal. Guitars101.com is a good one (make sure to check it out), but there are many more. If someone pays for a bootleg, then it only enriches the bootlegger. Most sites share music freely to put the greedy bootleggers out of biz. The mainstream (commercially released) music is the stuff that's illegal to download, also morally suspect. If one is inclined, there are ways around that too.

I started collecting vinyl in 1980, only had some tapes before then. Vinyl is the way to go. Longer shelf like vs Cds & better sound quality (new vs. new).

By far the best audio version available:

Matt could be an opera star in his old age:

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
@Bench & Muse fans

just found this serendipitously, (the best way to find something!)

per the Muse YT channel...

Muse: The Best Remixes

Break It To Me (Sam De Jong Remix) 0:00
Uprising (Does It Offend You, Yeah? Remix) 3:06
Supermassive Black Hole (Phones Control Voltage, Remix) 7:06
Knights Of Cydonia (Simian Mobile Disco, Remix)(B-Side Version) 11:20
Undisclosed Desires (Thin White Duke Remix) 16:06
Follow Me (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix) 23:35
Cave (Instrumental, Remix) 29:25
Muscle Museum (Soulwax, Remix) 34:20
Map Of The Problematique (Does it Offend you, Yeah? Remix) 38:03
Resistance (Tiësto, Remix) 42:24