Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v6 (2021 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Colaiacovo may be a fine person in real life, but my god does he comes across as a stereotypical meathead hockey player on the radio.

A couple days ago they were talking about McDavid and penalties and he somehow got down a rope of "players policing the game themselves". It felt like it was everything Mike Johnson could do to not insult him "Players cant police interference"

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Colaiacovo may be a fine person in real life, but my god does he comes across as a stereotypical meathead hockey player on the radio.

A couple days ago they were talking about McDavid and penalties and he somehow got down a rope of "players policing the game themselves". It felt like it was everything Mike Johnson could do to not insult him "Players cant police interference"

Colaiacovo lost any sort of credibility when he went on air ranting about how every player should have to spend some time in the AHL. Dude clearly still bitter that younger superior players on entry level contracts took his job.

Again, probably a good guy and all but the whiny voice doesn’t help either.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Definitely seems like a really nice guy but he should be nowhere near radio or TV.

Reactions: Roadhog

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Zero showmanship in the intermissions for HNIC. Two dull retired hockey players with another older one there on merit. Then two slightly more personable chubby reporters peddling hockey gossip we've already read on twitter but only league approved gossip. It's like they don't want anyone to watch it. And I bet there was a summer of meetings and brainstorming sessions with scores of 6 figure Rogers staff who produced this product.

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021

Coliacovo lost all credibility when he kept teasing that his buddy Pietrangelo was going to sign with Toronto daily on the radio.

His constant burying of Liljegren and praising of Sandin reiterates how little value he can actually provide.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Coliacovo lost all credibility when he kept teasing that his buddy Pietrangelo was going to sign with Toronto daily on the radio.

His constant burying of Liljegren and praising of Sandin reiterates how little value he can actually provide.

Further to his lack of credibility he has spent the entirety of his on air career promoting his friend Del Zotto as a legitimate NHL defence man and strongly suggested the Leafs should sign him for depth.
Hoo boy, having seen most of MDZ games in Ottawa and twice live I can safely say he’s among the worst players in the game today. Just terrible in his own end.
I like to think of Carlo as Little Carmine after the Soprano character a absolute fountain of hilarious malaprops and misplaced overconfidence.

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
Further to his lack of credibility he has spent the entirety of his on air career promoting his friend Del Zotto as a legitimate NHL defence man and strongly suggested the Leafs should sign him for depth.
Hoo boy, having seen most of MDZ games in Ottawa and twice live I can safely say he’s among the worst players in the game today. Just terrible in his own end.
I like to think of Carlo as Little Carmine after the Soprano character a absolute fountain of hilarious malaprops and misplaced overconfidence.

I really hope his co-host has a brother named Billy…whatever happened there…

Reactions: garce

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
He thinks he brings balance but in reality he absolutely hates on the Leafs at every opportunity.
It’s his schtick, I’d bet his wife and others behind the scenes at TSN encourage him to be the western contrarian, he doesn’t seem to have a whole lot of strong views on anything a puppet. He won’t join in on any of the light teasing the others do of Ottawa or Habs, Poulin MJ and Carlo also choose their words carefully when talking about the other Canadian teams particularly the ones TSN has deals with and whose broadcasts they work on.
The don’t want to offend the hinterlands and be accused of the dreaded Toronto Sports Network bias.
Doesn’t really matter tho, the Leaf favouritism scenario is ingrained in Hockey culture.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
It's actually incredible how Al's Brother and O have like a ~35% win percentage for their NFL picks and we're already at week 13. You'd think they'd get pretty close to even as the season goes on, but doesn't look like it's happening :laugh:

Reactions: stickty111

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
It's actually incredible how Al's Brother and O have like a ~35% win percentage for their NFL picks and we're already at week 13. You'd think they'd get pretty close to even as the season goes on, but doesn't look like it's happening :laugh:
I feel sorry for Al’s Brother. He does more research than Hayes and still gets battered. O-Dogs only contribution was over turning AB’s pick and it lost :laugh:

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad