Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Would be nice for TSN and Sportsnet to show great Leaf games from the past (especially 70s and 80s -not a steady dose of games from 2014 etc like Leafs TV) and maybe some classic Blue Jays games. I would love that.

Yeah that would be great to see vintage and classic games on TV. Heck even great playoff games for any team. Unless Leafs TV has that sort of thing trademarked as they have done Leaf classics for a while

bikemike66

Jun 28, 2018
Just turned on Sportscentre on TSN and it's the ESPN version...has TSN laid off on-air talent?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Felt like it took Noodles 10 minutes to tell a story about how at 12 years old he slipped pushing a lawnmower up the hill which it rolled back down towards him and ran over owners garden instead.

Man can the guy ever get longwinded. Big mistake by Roe asking for the story

Reactions: Curt

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Just turned on Sportscentre on TSN and it's the ESPN version...has TSN laid off on-air talent?
Last week TSN had their own Sportscentre in between the ESPN Sportscenter, may be because of the NFL free agency. However, TSN will only has ESPN version starting week. Ya, I think TSN lets them all go :help:

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone watch Overdrive yesterday?

If pro sports aren't back but Golf is open I fully support a TSN broadcast of can Bryan Hayes break 200 at The National.

Must see TV.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Anyone watch Overdrive yesterday?

If pro sports aren't back but Golf is open I fully support a TSN broadcast of can Bryan Hayes break 200 at The National.

Must see TV.

I caught it, would be awesome TV. Noodles needs to stop over exaggerating his laugh, it's very distracting. I don't know if he's doing it for the sound clips or what.

Heated discussion between O and Hayes today, can O'Neill ever be a man child :laugh:

Reactions: Curt

turbine

Jan 5, 2006
I've always gone back and forth between Hockey Central and Leafs Lunch through the years but Hockey Central has killed it lately with great guests and discussion. Burke, love him or hate him is unmatched with his insight.

However, after listening to them almost daily, you realize David Amber and Anthony Stewart totally suck. They do know their hockey but the stumbling over sentences, words and just throwing out clichés whenever they have nothing interesting to say is just painful to listen to. It's so much better when Marek and Bourne are hosting instead.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Wayne Gretzky Makes Big Statement About '93 Leafs.

Did not know where else to post this but holy this pisses me off so much.

Fraser truly is the biggest pos ever
This means next to nothing really.

“The world could end tomorrow.”

There, I made a prediction.
It’s completely meaningless.

Gretzky says so many things that don’t mean anything when you think about them.
“Player x is looking like he could be a star. Looks better than I did at this age”.

He’s said that, or a variation of it dozens of times.

Now it’s the Leafs could have beaten the Habs.
Ok, maybe the Leafs should have beaten the Kings in 4 of the other 6 games in the series. Then we wouldn’t have to listen to Wayne tell us that maybe they could have won, or we could have won, or the Havs should have won.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I haven't listened in a while. but saw this.

Is Cam Janssen really a regular on a Toronto sports radio show?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not in the media anymore really but Howard Berger is the worst. He'll block anyone for nothing.

No fan of Berger but I think blocking anons on social media as soon as they irritate you is a smart policy. You don't owe anyone a response on social media. It's a privilege to have someone read your thoughts, a privilege any individual can revoke at any time.

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I can only imagine what sports radio is like now with almost no sports taking place anywhere. They have trouble coming up with coherent material in an NHL playoff race.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
NHL keeps spamming their "we care" virtue signalling even after 4 consecutive clicks of "unsubscribe to all". At least my banks' insufferable versions of this aren't as frequent.

Curt

Jun 28, 2018
Felt like it took Noodles 10 minutes to tell a story about how at 12 years old he slipped pushing a lawnmower up the hill which it rolled back down towards him and ran over owners garden instead.

Man can the guy ever get longwinded. Big mistake by Roe asking for the story

Noodles is such garbage on the radio... Dude isn't even a sports fan

Reactions: LeafChief

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Lovely new feature at PPP: the soothing chirp of crickets plays as you hunt through its sparse content. TMLFans' main board at least has a more recent posting: its first in 4 days - 1 user post in 4 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad