Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Df4dzD.gif
Beat me to it.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
One of my favourite Leafs Lunch moments was Poulin saying that they had Clarkson slotted as a third line winger when then signed him.

Whats worse? Thinking he was a top 6 player? Or thinking hes a bottom 6 player and giving him that insane contract?

thats bullshit to make themselves look less stupid for the ocntract. He was 100% penciled in on their 2nd line they thought they were getting 30g tough guy, they got garbage guy

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
None of these guys has seen enough of Lily to have any reasonable clue ... I take it for what it is - clickbait for them ... I have NEVER seen either Button or MAC or Hayes at a Marlies game EVER. There are many more people on this site who have seen him play well over 50 games+ including me. When we tell you he has very good promise and should be a Leaf it is based on seeing him enough to take that view. He was sent down because of his ELC contract period. He is much much better than Marty right now.

how would you know? like wouldn't they be in the press box - where you know - you wouldn't be?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
But does it make them look less stupid?

As I said, whats worse?

This is difficult. If they’re signing a guy for $5 million to play on their third line they’re drastically misallocating resources.

On the other hand, if they’re signing Clarkson thinking he’s a 30 goal top six guy their pro scouting is beyond incompetent.

I think signing a third liner to $5 million is dumber. In no universe is that smart.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
TSN amd Sportsnet must be scrambling for programming.
There will be no live sports for quite a while.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
TSN amd Sportsnet must be scrambling for programming.
There will be no live sports for quite a while.

The PGA will continue, just without an audience. Same with March Madness, at least that's the plan for now.

Of course if you don't like golf or college hoops it will be a rough stretch.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The PGA will continue, just without an audience. Same with March Madness, at least that's the plan for now.

Of course if you don't like golf or college hoops it will be a rough stretch.
I always watch both of those. I don't think golf will go on after this weekend though.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Would be nice for TSN and Sportsnet to show great Leaf games from the past (especially 70s and 80s -not a steady dose of games from 2014 etc like Leafs TV) and maybe some classic Blue Jays games. I would love that.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Andi regarding the hoarding at grocery stores. - "Everybody share and be nice". :laugh:

Clearly someone who doesn't understand the road ahead if supply lines are disrupted for even a month.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Would be nice for TSN and Sportsnet to show great Leaf games from the past (especially 70s and 80s -not a steady dose of games from 2014 etc like Leafs TV) and maybe some classic Blue Jays games. I would love that.
Slim pickings that decade

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Not only does Hayes miss YET ANOTHER big news day but I have to listen to Andi hosting Overdrive for the whole show.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
The funniest part is that people buy 2 weeks worth of food and 6 months of TP.

You"'ll be dead from starvation long before you run out of TP

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Don't know if I want to to relive those nightmares again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad