Toronto Maple Choke Berries

What was your most memorable choke job?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Uh didn't you get the memo, the refs give the Leafs favorable calls every time... according to every fan of every team except for Toronto.
Yeah right. I’m not even mad at the team this morning or last night. I take real issue with game fixing for starters. Cheating, ignorance, and Media covering up the debacle by not questioning it and placing the failures of this leagues officials on notice they are not going to get away with it.
These sports networks in Canada are trash. I don’t care about anyone else, when i see corruption and cronies i call them out and take my money away from them. Works for me :)
They won the game by scoring with 20 seconds left, the league stole it,could have played better absolutely.

Reactions: justloveleafs

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The whole idea Vancouver would be weak as idiotic. Teams coming back from Covid have been pretty good. They had three weeks off, and I’m sure they all found ways to train.

I'm sure a few other teams would have liked a couple weeks to rest, especially given it was in the later part of the season

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I said this in the GDT. These guys are professional athletes. thinking they'd be out of shape after not playing a week or whatever it was is stupid.
You are absolutely right too. It doesn’t take much though to understand the incredible shape these guys are in. So do these reporters not know this and are completely out of touch with the game or are they leading people's thinking. I would say both in not so equal helpjngs lol.
Eastern people hater Hughson having a job is questionable too.There is no place for haters in any way. This guy hates anything east of Kenora ha

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Last night wasn't a choke job.

First off, we dominated play enough over the course of the game to take a commanding lead, but Holtby was outstanding, and Campbell let in 2 soft goals.

Secondly, Vancouver was nowhere near as rusty as most people expected. Once they got their legs under them, they seemed just as competitive as they normally would be.

Reactions: stickty111

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The whole idea Vancouver would be weak was idiotic. Teams coming back from Covid have been pretty good. They had three weeks off, and I’m sure they all found ways to train.

How do you train when you are afflicted by a virus that attacks your lungs? Ever have a lung infection? You're winded from walking to the bathroom.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
How do you train when you are afflicted by a virus that attacks your lungs? Ever have a lung infection? You're winded from walking to the bathroom.

This isn't the first team to have games delayed due to COVID. It does affect people differently. The Canucks did not look like a team struggling with a lung infection, none of the teams who had games postponed because of COVID did. We lost because their goaltender stole them a game, and ours was merely serviceable. Well that and the power play being inexplicable. It wasn't even an embarrassing loss, apart from losing to Vancouver again.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The whole idea Vancouver would be weak was idiotic. Teams coming back from Covid have been pretty good. They had three weeks off, and I’m sure they all found ways to train.

I'm sure a few other teams would have liked a couple weeks to rest, especially given it was in the later part of the season

Yeah, I agree.

It was a completely unfair advantage that almost the entire Canucks team contracted a variant strain of Covid and got two weeks off...

This place, I tell ya..

Reactions: egd27

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Yeah, I agree.

It was a completely unfair advantage that almost the entire Canucks team contracted a variant strain of Covid and got two weeks off...

This place, I tell ya..

Umm, that's not all what I said. I said losing to them because it was their first game back and they would be weak was always an idiotic take. It was just a game, a game we should have won but you don't always win the games you should. If the Canucks had been in the state some were suggesting, they wouldn't have been allowed to play.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Umm, that's not all what I said. I said losing to them because it was their first game back and they would be weak was always an idiotic take. It was just a game, a game we should have won but you don't always win the games you should. If the Canucks had been in the state some were suggesting, they wouldn't have been allowed to play.

They were allowed to have one practice after they were clear of symptoms and successive negative tests.

But yeah, the real story of the game was losing Hyman.

The Leafs playing down to their opponent's level is nothing new.

Reactions: egd27

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Dallas came back from a similar situation to beat Nashville 7-0 (it even happened at the start of the season, Dallas hadn't played in over 3 months) and they came back and smoked Nashville 7-0.

Amazing how some of these folks parade themselves as long-time Leafs fans but they're still daft enough to fall for media sensationalism. Really speaks to their intelligence in general.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
They were allowed to have one practice after they were clear of symptoms and successive negative tests.

But yeah, the real story of the game was losing Hyman.

The Leafs playing down to their opponent's level is nothing new.

We didn't play down to their level, we were the better team just they had much better goaltending. It happens, but that was a game we should have won.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's funny how the extreme streaks over the last month have led to all this hyperventilating, when all the underlying numbers have remained at the same high level throughout.

Yes.

The only things that have changed are the power play and goaltending numbers.

Reactions: stickty111

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Playoff defeats sting the most IMO. Last night was about something bigger than just a hockey game. Leaf fandom aside, David Ayres being pressed into action as an emergency backup and winning that game was also a great moment in its own right.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dallas came back from a similar situation to beat Nashville 7-0 (it even happened at the start of the season, Dallas hadn't played in over 3 months) and they came back and smoked Nashville 7-0.

Amazing how some of these folks parade themselves as long-time Leafs fans but they're still daft enough to fall for media sensationalism. Really speaks to their intelligence in general.
Yeah I got emotional too but there are better examples then yesterday. We dominated, but lost. It happens. You play the game 10 times, we win 9 of them.
Why this thread is still open?

Reactions: Leaftors

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Cannot blame the keeper for this loss. He kept them to 2 goals in regulation.

The team played well enough to win and needs to hunker down to convert some of those chances and zone pressure. Scoring will become more difficult come playoff time need to convert more chances in close to the net this game should have been won by the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad