Toronto Maple Choke Berries

What was your most memorable choke job?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Last night will go down as one of the Toronto Maple Choke Berries biggest choke jobs in recent memory, people have said this team has no identity, I think we do, we are the best of the best when it comes to choking. As soon as we think we have something shiny and special, elite, these choke artist remind us this the Maple Laughs we cheer for people. They remind us why 54 years, will turn into 55 years, 56 years, 65 years, 80 years...

Losing to a team that did not play/ exercise in 24 days? Multiple soul crushing game 7 losses to Boston? Losing to a Zamboni driver? What was your most memorable choke job by the Leafs?

Reactions: Koolboss

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Didn't we blow a 5 goal lead vs the last place team earlier this season? I think that deserves at least an honorable mention.

The answer is Zamboni driver though and it not even close, Disney is literally making a movie about that game it was so ridiculous, the most embarrassing loss i've ever seen in pro sports.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
They let the zamboni driver win.
The first two shots went in on Ayers and they just stopped trying hard after that, passing it around like the all star game. It became very important that they were only going to try high skilled goals and not embarrass the man any further.
The game 7s tho. Ouch.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So I don't have to read this BS anymore

Gotcha, you want an echo chamber of your own words, you need a safe space where you can enjoy yourself.

How about, and this is just me spit balling, if you don't want to read something, don't read it... most people would understand that the subject line of this thread is pretty self explanatory, probably is not gonna be a lovefest for the Leafs.

This is what I do, I read the subject line, if it does not interest me, I don't click on it.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Gotcha, you want an echo chamber of your own words, you need a safe space where you can enjoy yourself.

How about, and this is just me spit balling, if you don't want to read something, don't read it... most people would understand that the subject line of this thread is pretty self explanatory, probably is not gonna be a lovefest for the Leafs.

This is what I do, I read the subject line, if it does not interest me, I don't click on it.
You're right, it is self-explanatory, but when I saw Bluelines I had to come in and get my jab in before it disappears

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The fact that there are so many to pick from, just from this core, is probably the most concerning thing for me. I don't rate these things but anything to do with a playoff loss would take the cake.

Bottom line is, this team has no killer instinct. When the going is easy, its easy going. Throw in a bit of anything not of the norm and they go coocoo for coco puffs. Was this not the most predictable loss of the season? I'll give them on thing, they don't surprise often. 1 exception, the EDM series from eons ago.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
They're a good team, but they do some embarrassing stuff. One of those things right now is their PP streak that has landed them in last place in the NHL. I am actually more concerned with that going into the playoffs. But, I am all for them winning games they should walk away with.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
someone probably lost alot of money on the -320 spread today and taking out his frustration.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Last night will go down as one of the Toronto Maple Choke Berries biggest choke jobs in recent memory, people have said this team has no identity, I think we do, we are the best of the best when it comes to choking. As soon as we think we have something shiny and special, elite, these choke artist remind us this the Maple Laughs we cheer for people. They remind us why 54 years, will turn into 55 years, 56 years, 65 years, 80 years...

Losing to a team that did not play/ exercise in 24 days? Multiple soul crushing game 7 losses to Boston? Losing to a Zamboni driver? What was your most memorable choke job by the Leafs?
They won the game with 20 seconds left in regulation as that goal that eveyone watched Holtby try dragging out was real stuff.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The fact that there are so many to pick from, just from this core, is probably the most concerning thing for me. I don't rate these things but anything to do with a playoff loss would take the cake.

Bottom line is, this team has no killer instinct. When the going is easy, its easy going. Throw in a bit of anything not of the norm and they go coocoo for coco puffs. Was this not the most predictable loss of the season? I'll give them on thing, they don't surprise often. 1 exception, the EDM series from eons ago.

Good post, hit the nail on the head.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Imagine saying Maple Laughs and then somehow being a Leafs fan. Embrrassing stuff.
Lock it up. On the other hand, at least the OP can't blame Kadri anymore;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad