• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I forgot about the Tavares return to the Island... bad choke job there...

Also missing notables:
Getting shut out for 2.9 games against CBJ in the 5 game Qualifier
Coughing up a 3 goal lead in one of the games we did score against CBJ
Game 6 at home vs B's in 2019

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Not to split hairs but it was 25 days. ;)
longer than i thought, but still not nearly as big of a deal as the media made it seem. Even the Canucks as a whole "we're not ready"????? it was all an attention/media/marketing grab. Whether it was conscious or subconscious. It doesn't matter. Not once did that team look lethargic. (only when playing for 3 minutes in your own zone, but that would have happened any night). This wasn't an upset game.

Just like most nights this year, we were the better team. We just didnt win, which is going to happen. let it go, and on to the next.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
longer than i thought, but still not nearly as big of a deal as the media made it seem. Even the Canucks as a whole "we're not ready"????? it was all an attention/media/marketing grab. Whether it was conscious or subconscious. It doesn't matter. Not once did that team look lethargic. (only when playing for 3 minutes in your own zone, but that would have happened any night). This wasn't an upset game.

Just like most nights this year, we were the better team. We just didnt win, which is going to happen. let it go, and on to the next.

Maybe the rush of playing your first game back had a factor, playing scared some times gets your adrenal glands flowing... maybe it catches up with them down the road.

I've had multiple lung infections over the years and I can attest that it takes months to get back to a new normal, you never really get back to where you were before. Even now sometimes it feels like I'm breathing through a straw.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This team does lack that "Killer" instinct (and I'm not talking about Dougie Gilmour :wg: )..

This dog won't hunt, as the Leafs have a tenancy to play down to the level of their competition, as opposed to dominating and overpowering them with the teams skill.

We really shouldn't be losing to non playoff teams like Van, Calgary and Ottawa with all the skill we have and often as we do.

This is a concern come playoff time as we really can't count on wins when we're the better team on paper but it doesn't translate like that out on the ice.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This team does lack that "Killer" instinct (and I'm not talking about Dougie Gilmour :wg: )..

This dog won't hunt, as the Leafs have a tenancy to play down to the level of their competition, as opposed to dominating and overpowering them with the teams skill.

We really shouldn't be losing to non playoff teams like Van, Calgary and Ottawa with all the skill we have and often as we do.

This is a concern come playoff time as we really can't count on wins when we're the better team on paper but it doesn't translate like that out on the ice.

Now that I'm not as angry as the night before, yes I woke up angry because of the horrid effort and how they didn't stick up for Hyman, first time in a long time that has happened. I think you put it best we play down. No doubt bad teams can beat good teams from time to time, but we have lost far too many to Vancouver and Ottawa, Montreal should be a steam roller but we play down to them too.

giphy.gif

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
im still trying to figure out what a choke berry is.

I ate these things before. They dye your lips purple/ black lol and they taste like sweeten baking soda with a gritty taste left. I think. You eat them just before slamming your face in to cookie dough to make monster cookies

Last edited:
Reactions: shortfuze

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So you choked worse then the team.

You don't even know ...

..once in baseball, about 40 years ago, I got beaned in the head, caught between home and 3rd, in a rundown and froze, didn't have a damn clue where I was or where I was supposed to go ... choke job 101...

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nah, it's more most other teams don't have a local media where the #1 story in town is "How much shit can we pile on to the local team to show we're not biased?"

How many other teams have coughed up a 3 goal lead with 11 mins left in a Game 7?
How many other teams have lost to an Emergency Backup Goalie?
How many other teams blow 5-1 leads to last place divisional rivals?
How many other teams have lost to a team that had to be shut down for 20+ days due to a widespread lung infection, in their first game back?

No sir, the media has nothing to do with the style that our Leafs employ in some of their losses. No one loses like the Leafs.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
How many other teams have coughed up a 3 goal lead with 11 mins left in a Game 7?
How many other teams have lost to an Emergency Backup Goalie?
How many other teams blow 5-1 leads to last place divisional rivals?
How many other teams have lost to a team that had to be shut down for 20+ days due to a widespread lung infection, in their first game back?

No sir, the media has nothing to do with the style that our Leafs employ in some of their losses. No one loses like the Leafs.

Selection bias - Wikipedia

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It's funny how the extreme streaks over the last month have led to all this hyperventilating, when all the underlying numbers have remained at the same high level throughout.
Still, the hot goalie angle has ruined us before. This team needs to learn how to breakdown hot goalies. Somehow. Would love it if Simmonds or someone else could bump into a goalie or two and get them off their game. We need a Perry type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->