What was your most memorable choke job?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
We win=greatest team in the world!
We lose=wow we are terrible. Burn this down.

Look we obviously haven’t been playing well the past 4 games but that is after going 9-0-1 I believe. The loss of Hyman will be a huge test for this team. We have 11 more games and we need to start really coming together to lock down our defensive play and get our PP sorted for the playoffs. Hopefully Hyman can get a game or two before the playoffs start.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I'd say that certain members of the fanbase choke way more on their support for the team. From getting caught up in karenish judgement of so called "greedy" players to the mob forming of virtually every member of the team.
The latitude for instigating an on line battle is ever nebulous due to certain mods who institute game management to spice things up. This is but one of many threads that should be shut down because nothing good will come of it.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Imagine saying Maple Laughs and then somehow being a Leafs fan. Embrrassing stuff.
Lock it up. On the other hand, at least the OP can't blame Kadri anymore;)

I call them the make me laughs all the time...I’m no less of a fan this was kind of dumb on your part...it’s called venting frustration...OP is welcome to do so because honestly you “always sunny” guys are WAY more frustrating to deal with, I appreciate the boundless optimism but when they deserve it they should be taken to the woodshed even if our opinions really don’t matter

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
@BoredBrandonPridham

No good team ever loses to a lottery team.
They do, just not with the panache of the Leafs.
Nah, it's more most other teams don't have a local media where the #1 story in town is "How much shit can we pile on to the local team to show we're not biased?"
How many other teams have coughed up a 3 goal lead with 11 mins left in a Game 7?
How many other teams have lost to an Emergency Backup Goalie?
How many other teams blow 5-1 leads to last place divisional rivals?
How many other teams have lost to a team that had to be shut down for 20+ days due to a widespread lung infection, in their first game back?
No sir, the media has nothing to do with the style that our Leafs employ in some of their losses. No one loses like the Leafs.

Unfortunately it seems you can't see the obvious tongue in cheek humor within the context of the conversation. If you are planning to be a Leaf fan for 50+ years, I suggest you learn to laugh at the absurd situations that the team often finds itself in.

And yes, I am aware that all teams in all sports experience bizarre setbacks from time to time.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Zamboni driver and Game 7 choke jobs are a tie for me.

up 4-1 in the 3rd period against boston only to lose in OT in game 7 will forever haunt me. I was just so mad and disappointed that I had to call in sick; I didn't want to deal with my a-hole boss at the time because I knew I would tell him to F-Off and probably punch him thats how mad and angry i was :laugh:

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
My wife by no means is a Leafs fan nor a sports fan period. She saw my enthusiasm and joy that night when we were up 4-1. She decided to take my Leaf jersey and put it on and take selfies to get some Facebook likes. While me in background
1eMZYHW.gif

Reactions: PromisedLand

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
@BoredBrandonPridham

Unfortunately it seems you can't see the obvious tongue in cheek humor within the context of the conversation. If you are planning to be a Leaf fan for 50+ years, I suggest you learn to laugh at the absurd situations that the team often finds itself in.

And yes, I am aware that all teams in all sports experience bizarre setbacks from time to time.

ezgif-6-e90c7515786c.gif

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
How many other teams have coughed up a 3 goal lead with 11 mins left in a Game 7?

-The 1982 Gretzky Led Oilers blew a 5-0 3rd period lead in game 3 and lost the series by 1 game
-2010 Boston Bruins blew a 3-0 series lead to the Philadelphia Flyers, up 3-0 in game 7 they blew a 3-0 game lead to lose 4-3 in game 7

How many other teams have lost to an Emergency Backup Goalie?

2018 Scott Foster played more than half a period (14 mins) for the Blackhawks making 7 saves on all 7 shots faced to secure a 6-2 win against Winnipeg

How many other teams blow 5-1 leads to last place divisional rivals?

Probably many, that one seems like it would be common.

How many other teams have lost to a team that had to be shut down for 20+ days due to a widespread lung infection, in their first game back?

2020 Dallas Stars win 7-0 against Nashville in their first game of the season after being shut down to start the year due to a COVID-19 outbreak, Dallas hadnt played in 3 months.

No sir, the media has nothing to do with the style that our Leafs employ in some of their losses. No one loses like the Leafs.

Not the same team but certainly these things happen to other teams as well.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
Last night will go down as one of the Toronto Maple Choke Berries biggest choke jobs in recent memory, people have said this team has no identity, I think we do, we are the best of the best when it comes to choking. As soon as we think we have something shiny and special, elite, these choke artist remind us this the Maple Laughs we cheer for people. They remind us why 54 years, will turn into 55 years, 56 years, 65 years, 80 years...

Losing to a team that did not play/ exercise in 24 days? Multiple soul crushing game 7 losses to Boston? Losing to a Zamboni driver? What was your most memorable choke job by the Leafs?
Just a little bit dramatic no?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
3/4 of this thread is the OP defending himself for creating this thread.
Here i was the last two days defending my position that the Leafs won because we scored with 20 seconds left. Another fan puts up the video for me (thanks again) then they argue it’s inconclusive because they are proven wrong.

One of us are right. I say the team is fine,blue says they aren’t. Argued by posters on both sides of it. Say what you want on here, it doesn’t matter. :)

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
3/4 of this thread is the OP defending himself for creating this thread.
So, is it not a free country? is it not a sports discussion board? Sorry to say but there is lots of merit to this thread such as a 50+ yr drought, a 20+yr 1st round drought, multiple yr. droughts not even making post season and every example mentioned in his choices plus many not mentioned, seen them all as I saw them last win a cup in 67 and all this from the richest Franchise in the league that could have bought high caliber player Stanley cup winning teams prior to the cap but for poor management yr after yr and frugal owners from Ballard on up with teachers pension funds and then MLSE realty which only cared about making money in real estate 1stly vs. running a pro hockey team 2ndary. Include in that the stupid trades and giving up our prime draft picks for players past their prime over the many yrs. The Gilmour Calgary trade was one of the few good ones, so there is lots to hammer this franchise for and when peeps get angry and frustrated over many yrs of sub par I fully understand with apathy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
OP should be ashamed for this thread
No he shouldn’t. Who do you think you are to say he should be. If he wants to be mad he can be no... he can post whatever. I think we are good enough to win it all this year. That means I’m not allowed to say that. No no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->