OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I have to say that I'm a text book example of a band wagon fan when it comes to the Jays. The last time I followed the team closely was the 90's except for a short couple month period in 2015 and 2016. I can't name a single BJ player on this years team with the exception of a couple. I can name a lot of players from the 90's

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Jays got absolutely demolished today.

To no ones surprise the pitching sucked. I know it's early in Vlad's career, but for the love of f*** can the Jays get some pitching so we don't waste his efforts. Vlad Jr will be a MVP finalist/winner and the Jays will miss the playoffs unless they fix their pitching. At this point I don't trust any starter except Ray and Ryu and maybe 2 arms in the pen.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Cleveland Guardians. I like it.
A hundred times better than Edmonton Elks... ugh.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Jays offence is something else. They haven’t been this fun to watch since Edwin, Jose and Donaldson.
On days like today, absolutely. Days like yesterday, though, not so much.

I feel like this core has the ability to be even better, because the lineup seems to do a much better job of passing the baton than the old guard, who just went out there trying to hit home runs every swing.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Jays are absolutely reliant on the long ball. I don't think they are sneaking in to the playoffs with Montoyo calling the shots. Need to stop swatting and worry about getting on base. Pitching is obviously the most glaring component we are missing, but the Jays need to learn how to play small ball better too.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Jays are absolutely reliant on the long ball. I don't think they are sneaking in to the playoffs with Montoyo calling the shots. Need to stop swatting and worry about getting on base. Pitching is obviously the most glaring component we are missing, but the Jays need to learn how to play small ball better too.

Agree, the elite teams have the bullpens, coaching and advanced scouting to counter a power heavy lineup. Jays need a couple veteran contact hitters sprinkled into the lineup. I thought they should of sold high on Grichuk. He really gets exposed by strong pitching.

Reactions: Deen

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Knowing nothing about prospects I was hyped about Martin and Richardson, but apparently the org isn't as high on them as fans so that could be a good thing? I know we have guys like Groshans and Martinez that make losing Martin hurt less, but feels like you really could've not given up Martin for a guy you're having for 1.5 seasons.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Apparently there are concerns about Martins power. Berrios was a great add, but the price was stiff.

Cost was high, but if you extend him after next season then I think you're fine with the price.
Top of the rotation arm, on a rotation that has sucked.

I also have to think that Martin being a SS with limited power (at the minor levels, which bodes poorly for MLB pitchers and defenders), that they looked at the fact Bo's 1 year older and already a dominant shortstop in the MLB.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don’t know if anyone else is watching the Jays/socks game. But this 5th is crazy. 7 runs by the Jays and it’s still going.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Jays are killing it. Manoah, Ray, Ryu, Berrios is looking like a lethal top 4 of the rotation going into the end of the season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Trying not to panic, but while Springer has been taking off, Vlad the Lad has really hit a bit of a slump. Hopefully he can get back to his earlier form.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Trying not to panic, but while Springer has been taking off, Vlad the Lad has really hit a bit of a slump. Hopefully he can get back to his earlier form.
That’s why the deep lineup helps

Treliving should take notes

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
Yeah. I was really struggling to get excited with him, but since getting to Toronto he's been absolutely insane.

Yeah he just took a while to get back into it. It’s gotta be tough facing people in mid season form, when you’re Essentially at the beginning of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad