OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Springer is such a band-aid. That contract is going to suck.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We can't afford Semien, Jays took their stab with Springer and bet on the wrong horse. We still need pitching.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really loved what I saw from Springer once he was healthy. As long as he isn't another Tulowitski who just can't stay healthy ever, the signing will be just fine.

I would love it if they could re-sign Semien, but if his contract means eventually letting one of the legacy kids go for payroll reasons, I would suddenly hate it. The Jays would be better off trying to find the next Semien than be the team to bank on him repeating this season again.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Thinking Springer's a bandaid because of this season and writing off his contract because of that is a major yikes. We've seen what he can do when healthy (on pace for 50+ homers, 100+ RBI's based on his admittedly short sample size when hot), and given the low pay committments the Jays have for the near future (Vladdy and Bo realistically don't need huge contracts thanks to arb years) he isn't interfering with Semien and Ray being signed, Semien and Ray wanting to test the market, or in Semien's case play shortstop is what's going to lead them away from Toronto. Springer doesn't factor in there.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Jays need to keep Ray.
I think his relationship with the pitching staff and the fact the Jays will offer him a fair contract, he will stay.

Semien is the wildcard. The A's players have all said how much of a glue guy he is and how badly hes missed. I really think the Jays will miss him as well. They need to try to get him to stay. If he walks to play SS or go back to the coast, cause thats where he wants to be, fine. But dont let him walk because you wouldnt pay him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think his relationship with the pitching staff and the fact the Jays will offer him a fair contract, he will stay.

Semien is the wildcard. The A's players have all said how much of a glue guy he is and how badly hes missed. I really think the Jays will miss him as well. They need to try to get him to stay. If he walks to play SS or go back to the coast, cause thats where he wants to be, fine. But dont let him walk because you wouldnt pay him.

100% agreed on both points.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Jays are rolling. Montoyo also getting that immediate payoff with Dyson scoring on the sac fly a pitch after he's put in. This is what it feels like to have every piece of the team going at the same time and it's glorious (and it's arguable Bichette has been cold for a while, AND it's being done with no Springer). Just fun to watch the Jays push rn.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
82.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad