OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
You don't see how subtracting from a strength, to improve a weakness will increase their odds?
I think the major difference in opinion here is that I don't see outfield as a position of strength yet, and that is being outlined heavily by how Grichuk is falling back to earth.

Running a Gurriel - (All-star CF) - Grichuk outfield works when Grichuk is also playing all-star caliber ball, but when he is cold that becomes a lot harder to stomach and the offense produced by the outfield would be back to a weakness imo.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think the major difference in opinion here is that I don't see outfield as a position of strength yet, and that is being outlined heavily by how Grichuk is falling back to earth.

Running a Gurriel - (All-star CF) - Grichuk outfield works when Grichuk is also playing all-star caliber ball, but when he is cold that becomes a lot harder to stomach and the offense produced by the outfield would be back to a weakness imo.
Outfield by itself may not be a strength, but overall hitting is, one less big bat is hardly going to hurt us especially when it improves our defense.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Robbie Ray had his no-hit bid broken up by a double with 1 out in the 7th. He's likely done for the day now after a very good outing; 7IP, 1H, 0ER, 1BB and 11K. He also made a very good defensive play on the hitter after his no-hitter was spoiler where he snagged a come-backer and managed to hang-up the runner on 2nd and get him in a run down.

Jays lead 3-0 after 7. Jansen, Espinal and Biggio have the RBIs

Reactions: Villella McMeans

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hopefully Guerrero and Springer come out of the break strong. Unsurprisingly, the offence goes from very good to very bad directly along with how the 3-4 spots hit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hopefully Guerrero and Springer come out of the break strong. Unsurprisingly, the offence goes from very good to very bad directly along with how the 3-4 spots hit.
Hopefully. Montoyo also needs to move Grichuk down in the lineup when he's playing, I see no reason for him to be hitting 6th when Gurriel and Biggio have been hitting better than him recently. Also, having Biggio hit 6th when McGuire is in the line-up could force an opposition manager to either keep a left-handed reliever in a hitter longer than they'd like, or have a righty face one of them.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jays grabbed Gunnar Hoglund with the 19th pick in the MLB draft. He's a big RHP who sounds like he's a control guy. He was projected top 10 until he suffered an injury in May that required tommy john surgery. Sounds like a potential high-reward pick. The analyst on MLB Network suggested Hoglund would rise through the minors quickly.

That said, what is better than a pitcher named Gunnar?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Marcus Semien with an infield RBI single to put the AL All-Stars up 1-0.

In the top of the 1st Vladdy came inches from putting a major damper on the game as he missed Max Scherzer's head but just a couple inches on a very hard hit line drive. Thankfully he missed and the two hugged it out after.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
vladimir-guerrero-jr-wins-all-star-mvp.jpg

Youngest MVP is ASG history

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Payamps was DFA'd today to make room on the roster for Borucki who was activated from the 60-day DL

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bo saother RBI single.
Vladdy with a 3-run BOMB onto the freeway. 10-0 Jays

Vladdy getting MVP chants and comes out for the curtain call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad