NHL Toronto’s Nazem Kadri suspended three games for boarding Boston’s Tommy Wingels.

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
Pretty good result here, as I was expecting the DOPS video to conclude with “for Kadri’s reckless boarding of the defensive Wingels, the department of player safety is suspending Brad Marchand for 5 games.”

Reactions: Ladyfan and sarge88

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Three games makes sense. I think it's worse than the Doughty hit, so that's at least 2 games, and then I don't think the earlier boarding on Wingels or knee-on-knee on Nash did him any favors. I don't think either of those deserved a suspension, but I think if you're DoPS, you already saw him make questionable plays, so it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It does set a precedent though, so Cassidy's got to tell his guys to be careful. They may have gotten the advantage with Kadri out, but don't want to give it back by making their own stupid play (Marchand, I'm looking at you).

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I hope this means more ice time for Plekanec. That guy sucks

What the hell happened to that guy? Didn’t he enter the league the same time as Krejci, and they were putting up similar numbers for a while, even had similar 2nd and 3rd contracts? I remember Plekanec also being a pretty big thorn in the side of Krejci.

Reactions: wintersej

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My 2 takeaways from my time reading that thread:

1: Kadri did nothing wrong.
2: Marchand is now a gay serial rapist.

Neither of which are true. My head hurts from the stupid.
The outrage over Marchand’s licking is hilarious.

Careers have been ended by boarding-I’m unaware of any player’s career ending because he got licked (although I do think it’s gross).

It will be interesting to see how each team plays tomorrow night.

Reactions: TorontLoL 67

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I had the Bs in three games, so this doesn't do much in terms of winning, but now I'll be less worried about one of our guys being injured by garbage on skates.

So glad none of our players ever cross the line. I can't think of a single Bruin who also does terrible stuff like this. It's nice to root for a totally clean team where every player plays the right way at all times.

So true. I mean the worst a Bruin will do is try to get to first base with an opposing player.:laugh:

Hey Leaf fans coming in peace, I have an important message for you. Kadri is a puke and kindly **** off. Sweet dreams of Marchand dancing in your heads. :D

Reactions: EverettMike

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
The outrage over Marchand’s licking is hilarious.

Careers have been ended by boarding-I’m unaware of any player’s career ending because he got licked (although I do think it’s gross).

It will be interesting to see how each team plays tomorrow night.
“Honestly, I don’t know what happened and it doesn’t really matter either,” Komarov said. “It’s a new game Saturday, and we go from there.”

I see he's outraged and ready to press charges. Oh, wait a minute.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
My 2 takeaways from my time reading that thread:

1: Kadri did nothing wrong.
2: Marchand is now a gay serial rapist.

Neither of which are true. My head hurts from the stupid.

When you allow an someone like this to become the internet voice of your fan base (77K+ subscribers), reality slowly becomes blurred and a deluded state becomes the way of life.

WARNING: please avoid wasting a full 12 minutes of your life, just pick a few spots here/there and the reasons for the rantings on their boards will become a bit clearer.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wow the leafs board thread on this is 22 pages of craaaaaazy. League plot against them etc...

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
When you allow an someone like this to become the internet voice of your fan base (77K+ subscribers), reality slowly becomes blurred and a deluded state becomes the way of life.

WARNING: please avoid wasting a full 12 minutes of your life, just pick a few spots here/there and the reasons for the rantings on their boards will become a bit clearer.

I stopped when he went off about the first goal being offside. It wasn't reviewed. Linesman missed it. Waaaaaaaah.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
After reading the thread on the Toronto board, I've come to the conclusion that most Leafs fans on this board are barely smart enough to use a computer and only recently stopped writing "GO LEAFS GO" in crayon on their screens.
They can’t help it there parents brain washed them .

Reactions: Blowfish

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
After reading the thread on the Toronto board, I've come to the conclusion that most Leafs fans on this board are barely smart enough to use a computer and only recently stopped writing "GO LEAFS GO" in crayon on their screens.

What gets me is the whining about Marchand by same people who were happy when he was suspended.Do the crime do the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad