NHL Toronto’s Nazem Kadri suspended three games for boarding Boston’s Tommy Wingels.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Thanks for the cleanup mods.

EF647A03-5824-42FD-9C6F-598FACAE910F.jpeg

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Serious delusion going on the Tronna board right now. Full blinder mode for a good chunk of posters there

It's shocking. If Marchand did this he'd be done for 10 games and while we would hate it.... He would deserve it. The video by DOPS really illustrates all that f***ed upness of that hit. Bs need to make sure they continue to run the f*** out of Nylander/Marner but do it legally. You know Komarov is going to try and get Marchy to do something stupid. It's a guarantee. Toronto is going to want to even playing the field a bit if possible.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
It's shocking. If Marchand did this he'd be done for 10 games and while we would hate it.... He would deserve it. The video by DOPS really illustrates all that ****ed upness of that hit. Bs need to make sure they continue to run the **** out of Nylander/Marner but do it legally. You know Komarov is going to try and get Marchy to do something stupid. It's a guarantee. Toronto is going to want to even playing the field a bit if possible.

Someone posted a slowed-down video of it on here earlier that really illustrated the nastiness of it. Charged in, left his feet, and firmly planted Wingels' head on the boards with his hip. I just hope Wingels is ok.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Pretty shocked. Playoffs standard and all. I figured he'd get a game for sure...and the league would be a wuss about dropping the hammer on an important player. Also thought they might try to weasel by on the "no injury" bull crap.

Credit to them, for a change, they doled out a reasonable judgement for a obvious cheap shot to the head.

The circumstances, the timing, the head shot...it all adds up. He asked for it and got it.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
I just took a peek at the Leafs' board. I couldn't resist looking in. It seems to be a mecca for those who speak fluent claptrap. There seems to be a lot of blame on everyone and everything except Kadri and his utterly stupid decision to do what he did, before and after the game.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Thought the spinning wheel of justice should have given him at least 2 more given what they have given other players for much less this season, but whatever. I'm just happy I don't have to watch that fool skating around trying to injure Bs players and throwing himself into the boards for the next 3 games.

And I agree with others that Marchand better be on his best behavior for the rest of the series.
I think if it was regular season he gets 5. They tend to lower games in playoffs

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I thought he’d get a game or two just because it was a Bruin that got hit.
(Might have been if Marchand was on the receiving end)

Three is a bit high IMO, but I’ve long since stopped trying to understand anything the NHL does.

TBH, I’m not sure I’d wouldn’t rather see Kadri in the lineup. He’s a pretty dumb player and seemingly easy to get going. The way the PP is clicking, the B’s may be better off baiting him into a couple dumb penalties.

Kadri is a pretty talented offensive player that could have had a real positive effect for the Leafs. It's a hit to their potency, for sure.

Just a hair below that is the value he has to the Leafs launching into the boards and putting on Oscar performances trying to draw major boarding calls.

You could pretty much bank on him weaseling a major PP from gullible refs for the Leafs...and that could be a playoff game win, right there.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I figured 2 or 3 since Doughty got 1.

Fair enough. Leafs fans are mad, but deep down they know it’s fair.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Kadri is a pretty talented offensive player that could have had a real positive effect for the Leafs. It's a hit to their potency, for sure.

Just a hair below that is the value he has to the Leafs launching into the boards and putting on Oscar performances trying to draw major boarding calls.

You could pretty much bank on him weaseling a major PP from gullible refs for the Leafs...and that could be a playoff game win, right there.

Or taking a really dumb penalty at a bad time.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad