NHL Toronto’s Nazem Kadri suspended three games for boarding Boston’s Tommy Wingels.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure how any leaf fan can make an argument that kadri doesn't deserve to sit a few games.
The NHL got it wrong. If they are so intent on getting head shot and preventing injury in the game. He should have been suspended for the playoffs. So let me see, It is OK to attempt to injure and hurt someone. Wingles neck could have been broken on a clear attempt to hurt him.....CLEAR. Anyone that saw that knew instantly he was trying to hurt him.........3 games is a joke. Another joke decisions by the clowns who make decisions. Player safety my azz......

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Jack is such a troll. This from the Athletic- an interview before game 1:

“Nazem have you seen a change in yourself, your ability to channel your emotions during games and funneling them towards a positive thing, because earlier in your career, sometimes it might have gotten away from you?” Edwards asked.

“I think that's just development and maturity, being able to assess situations better and obviously the time, the score, you take all those into consideration because those are all important components to win a hockey game,” Kadri answered. “For me, it's just not worth it. I don't want to hurt my team. I've learned that. For me, it's just about getting wins.”

:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Jack is such a troll. This from the Athletic- an interview before game 1:

“Nazem have you seen a change in yourself, your ability to channel your emotions during games and funneling them towards a positive thing, because earlier in your career, sometimes it might have gotten away from you?” Edwards asked.

“I think that's just development and maturity, being able to assess situations better and obviously the time, the score, you take all those into consideration because those are all important components to win a hockey game,” Kadri answered. “For me, it's just not worth it. I don't want to hurt my team. I've learned that. For me, it's just about getting wins.”

:laugh:

That`s hilarious

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
He says "Brad Marchand is allowed to do whatever he wants"???

Like I said earlier, the guy is a complete dick!

Amazing take isn't it ?

Marchand has a total of 6 suspensions.

In 2017 and 2018 alone ,

Feb. 2017 $10,000 fro a dangerous trip on Niklas Kronwall
April 2017 2 games for spearing Jake Dotchin
Jan. 2018 5 games elbowing Marcus Johanson
April 2018 $5000 for cross checking Andrew MacDonald

So ya, not so much. I guess he can do what ever he wants and then get disciplined for it, is what he meant.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
There are some Leaf fans that admit he got what he deserved.

Ya, it seems like most TML fans think maybe 2 games instead of 3 would have been more appropriate, but the majority understand the suspension I think.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ya, it seems like most TML fans think maybe 2 games instead of 3 would have been more appropriate, but the majority understand the suspension I think.

If Kadri had just kept his yap shut in the post-game, he would of likely gotten just 1-2 games.

Nazem buried himself by putting his foot in his mouth. Too bad it seems like Leaf fans can't understand that.

I'm also kinda shocked at the outrage over a very minor incident, the Wingels elbow. They are more egregious actions every 30 seconds in the Winnipeg/Minny series, the "elbow" is very minor and had it not been for the Kadri charge 2 seconds afterwards, no one even remembers the Wingels supposed elbow. But yet the Leafs fans are constantly going back to "but the elbow on Marner".

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
3 games is the sweet spot, shocked the NHL got this right.

Has the chance to ending his season, but is short enough that if they wina game he gets to return.

2 games wouldn't have been enough, 4+ would have been too much.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If Kadri had just kept his yap shut in the post-game, he would of likely gotten just 1-2 games.

Nazem buried himself by putting his foot in his mouth. Too bad it seems like Leaf fans can't understand that.

I'm also kinda shocked at the outrage over a very minor incident, the Wingels elbow. They are more egregious actions every 30 seconds in the Winnipeg/Minny series, the "elbow" is very minor and had it not been for the Kadri charge 2 seconds afterwards, no one even remembers the Wingels supposed elbow. But yet the Leafs fans are constantly going back to "but the elbow on Marner".
Seriously. It's fake outrage trynig to condone Kadri's behavior. More bananaland type garbage from TML fans.

That play happens quite often during the course of play EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. There was no malicious intent there. It's not like Wingels did the Matt Cooke flyby. He's engaged in a board battle and the arm/elbow comes up high. Shit happens.

Is it a penalty? Probably could have been called, and I doubt anyone would have had a problem with it. But to use that as justification for Kadri's actions? Yeeeeeeeeesh.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
The late great Levon Helm approves this message.

My wife and I were among the lucky few who got to see The Black Crowes record a double album at Levon's "barn" over 5 nights back in 2009 in Woodstock. I kept hoping Levon would pop in (his house adjoined the studio) but unfortunately he didn't. What a beautiful place he had up there, though.

Back to topic: I really, really hope the B's take advantage of the opportunity that Super-Dummy Kadri gave them. Is it 8 o'clock yet?????

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
After another look of kadri checking, it is perfectly clear he had time to see the bruins player on his knees he volontarly jumped right on his head ....very dangerous and stupid ! And this coward is not man enought to face his actions. I wish one bruins make him pay for this ...but next year ...the best revenge now is to send him and his team to golf ...where they belong

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
My wife and I were among the lucky few who got to see The Black Crowes record a double album at Levon's "barn" over 5 nights back in 2009 in Woodstock. I kept hoping Levon would pop in (his house adjoined the studio) but unfortunately he didn't. What a beautiful place he had up there, though.

Back to topic: I really, really hope the B's take advantage of the opportunity that Super-Dummy Kadri gave them. Is it 8 o'clock yet?????

That must have been an awesome experience!

Reactions: Mistah Ungah

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
That must have been an awesome experience!

It was indeed. As a musician myself, it was great to hear an "established" band raw in a room as opposed to through a concert PA. The difference is really drastic. Plus the joking around between takes and seeing the album-making process was amazing. It was like 5 nights of full-on electric VH1 Storytellers. Back when that show was good anyway.

Sorry for the off-topic content. I'll be good from here on out. :laugh:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I can only hope for the rest of the folks in Ontario that the winter snow has melted because there are oceans of tears being shed by deranged leaf fans on the main board over Kadri’s suspension (and their bizarre fixation on all things Marchand )

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia

OOOOh man, you guys are lucky. I have the DVD Cabin Fever, and of course the double album Before the Freeze...After the Frost.....great, great stuff......a shame the boys can't work out their differences.

Reactions: Mistah Ungah

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Leafs fans are rapidly racing up my list of fan bases I dislike :nod:

Don't worry they're in no danger of overtaking Montreal ;)

So they're "becoming" a team you dislike? Now? This is a revelation now?

They're a loser team and their fans are losers with an unearned sense of entitlement. They're like a fat kid with acne who plays D&D all of the time bragging constantly about the possibility of dating one of the three hottest girls in school. At the end of the day, the kid just ends up being the best damn dungeon master around, with a right wrist of steel.

Two things are certainties in Toronto: overrated coffee and the worship of losers

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I'm not sure I can agree with this.

All games are watched in New York and when an incident occurs, DOPS immediately begins to look at it. You can rest comfortably knowing they watched the boarding earlier in the game by Kadri. The same goes for the knee on knee with Nash.

I would think the combination of the three incidence had more to do with the suspension handed down then anything Kadri said post game.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I have kept an eye on Kadri since he came in the league, he always crosses the line and plays the innocent oh what happened role afterwards on every incident. I was at a game when he did the same thing to a downed Bruin player a few years ago. Late in the game and Bruins were winning easily, he went after a guy that was hit by someone else and ran in and took advantage. Wish there was video of that somehwere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad