NHL Toronto’s Nazem Kadri suspended three games for boarding Boston’s Tommy Wingels.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
I swear that the Leaf fans who post on these boards are 12 year olds who have never actually played hockey.

I have been saying this for years, it will absolutely not take long for Bruins fans to place the Leafs into the same category as the Habs. Sure the rivalry with the Habs is based on history, the rivalry with the Leafs will be accelerated, because of the culture.

They are dying, screaming for a winning team because of all of those years of pain. Anything/anyone that stands in their way will be vilified. The Bruins are Darth Vader to them. Honestly, no rivalry in the West, over all those years before the Leafs moved to the East, Detroit, etc, even comes close to the hatred the Leafs currently feel for the Bruins.

All it took was one series, sure it was a doozy of a comeback, but this has propelled the rivalry as if it has been a 3o year battle.

Beating the Bruins would feel like winning the Cup to most Leafs fans.

I will hand it to them, their undying passion is off the charts...but often this clouds judgement and reason.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
What a complete "dick".
i encountered a couple who thought Kuraly's goal shouldn't have counted and SK52 should have gotten a penalty for goaltender interference.

I just grinned, and shook my head. "No" was all i said.
Eh, he's actually entertaining, but get annoying real fast after a couple games... but goalie interference? Holy mother of... How? What? How can the brain even come up with... I can't.

The cries over the audacity of the Bruins to hit Marner is sad. Really? A vicious elbow?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Eh, he's actually entertaining, but get annoying real fast after a couple games... but goalie interference? Holy mother of... How? What? How can the brain even come up with... I can't.

The cries over the audacity of the Bruins to hit Marner is sad. Really? A vicious elbow?

He says "Brad Marchand is allowed to do whatever he wants"???

Like I said earlier, the guy is a complete dick!

Reactions: Jdavidev

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
What the hell happened to that guy? Didn’t he enter the league the same time as Krejci, and they were putting up similar numbers for a while, even had similar 2nd and 3rd contracts? I remember Plekanec also being a pretty big thorn in the side of Krejci.

He's 3 ½ years older than Krejci. Krejci's current contract will be up when he's that age.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
I have been saying this for years, it will absolutely not take long for Bruins fans to place the Leafs into the same category as the Habs. Sure the rivalry with the Habs is based on history, the rivalry with the Leafs will be accelerated, because of the culture.

They are dying, screaming for a winning team because of all of those years of pain. Anything/anyone that stands in their way will be vilified. The Bruins are Darth Vader to them. Honestly, no rivalry in the West, over all those years before the Leafs moved to the East, Detroit, etc, even comes close to the hatred the Leafs currently feel for the Bruins.

All it took was one series, sure it was a doozy of a comeback, but this has propelled the rivalry as if it has been a 3o year battle.

Beating the Bruins would feel like winning the Cup to most Leafs fans.

I will hand it to them, their undying passion is off the charts...but often this clouds judgement and reason.

Honestly not really. There's more hate for the Habs and Sens. Bruins would be in the next category with the Sabres and some Canadian teams like the Jets and Canucks.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Wow the leafs board thread on this is 22 pages of craaaaaazy. League plot against them etc...

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Maybe Bruins fans can learn from this and realize how abso-f***ing-lutely stupid it looks when fans here go off on the “league conspiracy to hold the Bruins down” crap

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not sure how any leaf fan can make an argument that kadri doesn't deserve to sit a few games.

As someone that's watched for a long time I hate playoff suspensions. They are series altering many times so I get their frustration. If that were Marchand I would be pissed it was three games in a seven game series, especially after I lost the first one.

Now this doesn't excuse Kadri. Dirty play and obviously deserved something. The NHL obviously looks at it different these days as there was a time when 5 and a game was the only punishment rendered short of almost killing someone.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
He says "Brad Marchand is allowed to do whatever he wants"???
I actually thought he was totally correct right up to that point. He acknowledged the Bruins are not an easy out. He acknowledged the "slay the dragon" mentality of many Tronna fans (which, ironically, is how I feel about the Leafs - I want the Bs to beat the best at their best). He acknowledged the Leafs failure to review the first goal, which even the Bs broadcasters said was offside when it happened and expressed their surprise at the non-review. He correctly described the ebb and flow of the first two periods. I even kind of agreed with him that there was reason for the Leafs to not think they were out of it going into the third (I thought the Pasta goal was going to be the clincher, but I'm wrong pretty frequently).

But there was no reason to listen any further from that point on. Marchand is dirty as **** and has done some reprehensible and malicious ****. Any claims to the contrary should be summarily dismissed. But he gets suspensions and will continue to get longer ones for his actions, which pretty well crushes the claim he is "allowed to do whatever he wants."

I see it all much like I view the news. Some folks want as much straight information and/or varied coverage as they can get, so they can develop their own views. Some folks prefer a more biased presentation, because it reinforces how they want to see things in the first place. And some folks are willing to believe whatever nonsensical horse**** gets planted in their social media feeds by the entities mining their information and planting the stories they know will be happily embraced, as we've all learned about this week.

Kadri, like Marchand is a repeat offender, and thus the hammer comes down, even in the playoffs. Marchand, like Kadri, often can't help himself and one would fairly assume trying to goad him into a similar poor decision is part of the Leafs' plan.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
When you allow an someone like this to become the internet voice of your fan base (77K+ subscribers), reality slowly becomes blurred and a deluded state becomes the way of life.

WARNING: please avoid wasting a full 12 minutes of your life, just pick a few spots here/there and the reasons for the rantings on their boards will become a bit clearer.

I like dangle, he's usually pretty level headed and has a good amount of charisma and comedic timing

But I don't agree with his take on Marchand, but I'd be willing to meet him halfway and say the league/refs target Marchand appropriately as opposed to not ever in his eyes or unfairly in the Bruins eyes

Kadri is a really dumb player, I just don't get how you make that decision there, plenty of better ways to get back at a small elbow that should have been two minutes (and let's just ignore his hit from behind or leg on Nash? :laugh:)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
well, if I`m gonna be one to hammer DOPS when I feel they dropped the ball, it`s only fair to come on and applaud a decision. In all honesty, I would have liked for Kadri to be suspended for the entire 1st round series his "hit" was that reckless but I knew that wasn`t going to happen. I`ll take the 3 gamer though, thought max the inconsistency of the DOPS would bring 2 games max.

B`s have to take advantage of his absence, for as much of a puke as he is, he plays a very big role for Babcock and the Leafs

Reactions: Strafer

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Is this comparable to the Bruins losing Krecji or is Kadri more or less valuable to the Leafs ?

Yeah, sliding Marleau over is like sliding Backes over to C. He can do it, but it’s not his best place. Difference is that Leafs advantage in this series was offensive depth and that advantage might not exist anymore.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
^This. B's have to keep playing 60 min and hit everyone.

I won't be calm until the b's win the 4 games.

I don`t want the running around BS I`ve watched too often vs the Habs. There`s hitting with a purpose and then there`s running around. I do disagree with Faulkner when he says Kadri`s absence won`t affect them much. Now, it doesn`t mean the series won`t still be tight but to say that losing arguably their best 3 zone player, one who is tapped on the shoulder to shut down opponents top lines, a guy with 50+ pts won`t have much of affect just isn`t accurate IMO

This suspension takes him out when the Leafs head home and Babcock loves to match ton on home ice, it forces Marleau to play C, a position he can play, but not one he`s nearly as comfortable at as on the wing. It also forced the hand of the Leafs to put another playoff rookie on their 4th line, a line who coming into the series was viewed as being very solid and they got owned by the B`s

Kadri out doesn`t mean it can`t/won`t still be close, saying it won`t affect them too much, not true IMO

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pretty much admits it was "payback". The NHL didn't like that.

Then his comment about the not being a call on the Wingels elbow being justification of the action, shows no remorse or accountability for his actions. Double wammy.

I thought he'd get 2 games, but 3 is deserved, he buried himself in the post-game comments.
He is so stupid. What an idiot.

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad