Player Discussion Torey Krug VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Wonder if he's seriously considering the offer. Based on the tweet from RA I thought a trade would have happened by now
Same. I think it's either Krug mulling maybe taking the deal, or maybe Sweeney is trying to expand a trade instead of just trading Krug's rights for a pick.

Reactions: Alicat

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Great play by the Bruins. Offer a fair contract. If he says no fans and especially teammates can’t say the Bruins weren’t fair and trying to help the Bruins win now

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The problem has always been term. That's what I've always said and I am sticking to it.

A player, or rather his agent decides what the value of the contract should be. Then they decide on term, how its spread out, and clauses.

The Bruins can make 6.5 work for Krug because they can back load a deal (as opposed to front load). I have talked about this before. Because of the guaranteed escrow through this CBA, backloading can put more money in Krug's pocket.

The question is whether the Bruins want to backload because it makes for a harder contract to move in the latter years.

Lot of negotiating to do. 10 days to get it done

Evan Gold will figure it all out if they truly have agreed on the value of the deal.

Well then, if the Bruins have offered six years and Krug is adamant about 7 and is willing to walk away ovI think it still puts the lie to his statements about wanting to be in Boston. Because to me, what is that extra year unless he is planning to be a shell of himself and knows he won't get another contract elsewhere if he still wants to play.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I thought he said he isn’t good in the playoffs Sure he wasn’t great this year but Carlo was at least just as bad. Pasta sucked also no chance we move him. Players have up and down playoffs. I’m just sure risked at some of the Krug comments

Those guys are 24 just about to hit their prime Krug is 29 the BB date is coming up.

Reactions: duffy

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Those guys are 24 just about to hit their prime Krug is 29 the BB date is coming up.
Sure it my point is the guy has been great for us. I don’t want him for 6years at big money. The wheels aren’t coming off for me. He will be at the top of his game for the next 3 years ok for 2 years and done year 6. That’s my opinion

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Sure it my point is the guy has been great for us. I don’t want him for 6years at big money. The wheels aren’t coming off for me. He will be at the top of his game for the next 3 years ok for 2 years and done year 6. That’s my opinion

Fair enough, I mean we're all just sharing opinions here, one is just as good as next especially predicting when a player is going to break down.

I don't want Krug resigned and it's not so much about the fear of him breaking down (which could happen at any time) but more to do with Defensive structure of the team. It seems better suited for the regular season than it does for the PO's. I don't think the Bruins will miss Krug, defensively he's easily replaceable. I believe if the Bruins signed a play maker like Hall, he could take Krug's spot on the PP and help out on the 5 on 5. Like yours , just my opinion.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Fair enough, I mean we're all just sharing opinions here, one is just as good as next especially predicting when a player is going to break down.

I don't want Krug resigned and it's not so much about the fear of him breaking down (which could happen at any time) but more to do with Defensive structure of the team. It seems better suited for the regular season than it does for the PO's. I don't think the Bruins will miss Krug, defensively he's easily replaceable. I believe if the Bruins signed a play maker like Hall, he could take Krug's spot on the PP and help out on the 5 on 5. Like yours , just my opinion.
Ya good points. My preference is defence first. I would go with Pietrangelo but would be ok with Hall but not more then 5 years

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
My sentiments exactly. Let Krug walk, forget OEL, and sign/acquire a goddam goal scorer. It isn't that difficult to figure out :laugh::laugh:

The problem is the other GMs know exactly what Boston needs as well and are upping prices accordingly. Making acquiring one much more difficult due to expense.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The problem is the other GMs know exactly what Boston needs as well and are upping prices accordingly. Making acquiring one much more difficult due to expense.

There are a couple of FA options discussed: Dadonov and Hall. Start there. If they have to overpay via trade, okay, but if so, then overpay for what you need most, not a high priced d-man, that is my feeling on it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Six years at 500 K more per year than his buddy Marchand during a pandemic with flat cap and future uncertainty

I’ll be Krug

I tell me agent
1. 6/40 6.67 AVV
2. NMC first 4 years
3. Back Or Front load to everyone satisfaction

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
My sentiments exactly. Let Krug walk, forget OEL, and sign/acquire a goddam goal scorer. It isn't that difficult to figure out :laugh::laugh:
Lol like, being honest here.

They can find a middling defenceman at any point in the season to soak up some minutes if they find out any of their LD prospects can’t play.

What they can’t find, and it’s abundantly clear by now, is forward help with talent. Right now that talent doesn’t need to be drafted. It barely needs to be traded for, teams sound like they’re giving away players (if the resident insiders are to be believed).

So go get some scorers for a change. If they have size (god forbid) all the better. Worry about the two way can’t actually play in all zones defenders later on.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Dr Hook

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I know. It’s very concerning.
Sweeney doing the Belichick here ?

offers Krug 6/6.5 M and teams know that figure~ his agent hasn’t refuted it

if agent can get more a deal is struck between Bruins and team for a draft pick to negotiate

if nobody steps forward Krug resigns with Boston

the Bruins offer sets the bar but does anyone want to give up a pick to top it where he signs

Belichick did this with Hightower and Edelman previously

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Yes and no. Yes we need scoring. No because what's the use of scoring more goals if your defense allows even more goals??? We can't win every game 9-7.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes and no. Yes we need scoring. No because what's the use of scoring more goals if your defense allows even more goals??? We can't win every game 9-7.

I don't think losing Krug is going to damage the defensive side of things, though :laugh:. My preferred move is to sign someone like Brenden Dillon to play 18-20 minutes of good D on the left side, at a reasonable contract number and spend what you would on Krug or OEL on scoring.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
teams have to be strong up the middle of the ice. Bruins should stop looking at left or right wing options and pay another player
big money. Pastrnak and Marchand at reasonable salaries is sufficient. Tampa won the stanley cup because Point, Cirelli, Gourde,
strong up the middle, Hedmen on the backend and Vasilevsky in net.
St Louis the year prior with Ryan O'reilly, brayden schenn, robert thomas, bozak, strong up the middle of the ice and pietrangelo
on the backend and Binnington in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2