Player Discussion Torey Krug VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't think losing Krug is going to damage the defensive side of things, though :laugh:. My preferred move is to sign someone like Brenden Dillon to play 18-20 minutes of good D on the left side, at a reasonable contract number and spend what you would on Krug or OEL on scoring.

Well I suppose that's true provided one of the kids can take his place & do at least as well (which isn't saying much especially on the "D" side of things). That seems to be the big question and maybe it is time to find out.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Dr Hook

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Idk where people would put Lauzon say no Krug and Chara retires and takes a coaching position.

Dillon/Mac
Grizz/Carlo
Lauzon/Clifton

idk bout anyone else but I hope they don’t spend tons of $$$$ on D I wanna see what Vaak and Zborril can do.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Gordoff

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Sweeney doing the Belichick here ?

offers Krug 6/6.5 M and teams know that figure~ his agent hasn’t refuted it

if agent can get more a deal is struck between Bruins and team for a draft pick to negotiate

if nobody steps forward Krug resigns with Boston

the Bruins offer sets the bar but does anyone want to give up a pick to top it where he signs

Belichick did this with Hightower and Edelman previously

Yeah and both players ended up staying. I do not want Torey Krug on a 6 year deal. Period.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Getting really worried that we're going to sign him to a terrible deal...
And the Sweeney hot love affair with his defensemen continues. This is getting f****g ridiculous. If he signs him it just shows that Sweeney has no balls and no imagination.

BTW: Do you know what D.C. Fields has written on his graves tombstone?

"On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia"

Last edited:

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Getting really worried that we're going to sign him to a terrible deal...
And the Sweeney hot love affair with his defensemen continues. This is getting f****g ridiculous. If he signs him it just shows that Sweeney has no balls and no imagination.

BTW: Do you know what D.C. Fields has written on his graves tombstone?

"On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia"
Nobody knows what direction they are going in. But the longer this goes on it favors Krug. The Bruins just don’t know how to be aggressive they just counter react . They are never the ones aggressive. Krug isn’t taking less money he said that. But Sweeney isn’t taking no for an answer. But time is running out. Let’s say for example Krug has a six year deal for 48 Million from hopeless Detroit . Sweeney must know this , he’s wasting his time.

Let Krug go or pay him . Stop dicking around. Just do something Don.

If Krug is resigned I think it is unlikely ... But if he is ...two players off the roster are bye bye( Rask, DK, Debrusk) if your adding on. You better go all in. Don’t give this bull shit you have no cap.. make some lol

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Yeah, you sign Krug for 6.5-7M and you can throw away the hopes of upgrading the team
Also let’s keep in mind . I think it is a lot of money for him. I’m just talking about the player not the money or contract.. this player is a very good player I don’t care what the stats say . I see most of the games . Let’s not make him into Al Pederson. Is it smart paying him that. I don’t know ... but they better be a plan and I mean a serious plan. You can’t go with Krug and give him a NTC an go with younger players . It makes no sense . You must add on that’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm not sure why people are freaking out because Krug's rights haven't been traded. Lets be honest there are a handful of teams that are serious about signing Krug and have the space to do it. I'm sure many of those teams are still getting an idea of where they stand with some of their own FA's. Its also possible that Sweeney is trying to squeeze a bit more out of a trade. Maybe the best offer he has is a 5th, but as things get closer to UFA opening, a team steps up and makes it a 3rd/4th.

It also could be that the market for Krug isn't what he thinks it is. Think about it, if I'm another team and I hear he turned down $6.5 for 6 years and my offer is similar (maybe $500k to $1 mil more) why would I trade for his rights if he's probably not taking the deal? Boston has said they were going to trade his rights, but they still have them. There is a reason why

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Also let’s keep in mind . I think it is a lot of money for him. I’m just talking about the player not the money or contract.. this player is a very good player I don’t care what the stats say . I see most of the games . Let’s not make him into Al Pederson. Is it smart paying him that. I don’t know ... but they better be a plan and I mean a serious plan. You can’t go with Krug and give him a NTC an go with younger players . It makes no sense . You must add on that’s all I’m saying.

You can’t pay Krug top pair money when you csn’t play him on the top pair

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm not sure why people are freaking out because Krug's rights haven't been traded. Lets be honest there are a handful of teams that are serious about signing Krug and have the space to do it. I'm sure many of those teams are still getting an idea of where they stand with some of their own FA's. Its also possible that Sweeney is trying to squeeze a bit more out of a trade. Maybe the best offer he has is a 5th, but as things get closer to UFA opening, a team steps up and makes it a 3rd/4th.

It also could be that the market for Krug isn't what he thinks it is. Think about it, if I'm another team and I hear he turned down $6.5 for 6 years and my offer is similar (maybe $500k to $1 mil more) why would I trade for his rights if he's probably not taking the deal? Boston has said they were going to trade his rights, but they still have them. There is a reason why

This and the covid thing have all businesses reconsidering the financial landscape...the entertainment business from Disney, live events i.e. music venues, to professional sports is at a crossroads. Large arenas to office space to restaurants are all challenged and compromised.

2 years ago the demand for a Krug would be at an all time high...not so much today. It's unfortunate however the good news are the bruins are no different than any other team in the league.

IMO marketing revenue generating teams like the leafs will succeed paying to the cap max while other teams will be struggling....Survival of the fittest for the NHL.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I say let Krug walk, wether you get a draft pick or not for his rights.

Do not sign him to 6 or 6.5 per year when he is not the addition this team needs to progress positively. Points on defense are not going to put the Bruins over the top as the forward lines really need improvement.

On the defensive side a good solid D with size is a much better option. You need to be able to box out the front of the net and this is not Krug's forte.

Sweeney do not commit all this money just because you might not be able to get a 3rd round draft pick for his rights.

Don't get me wrong Krug is good but only in 1 facet of the game.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You can’t pay Krug top pair money when you csn’t play him on the top pair

I don't think our expectations have caught up with inflation. He earned $5.25 before, underpaid? $6.5 seems more than fair. Much more would be an issue for our team but I could see Detroit or NJ giving him $7-8 and not regretting it.

Krug would do fine as a top 3 with less defensive expectations on a young team looking for offense. He truly isn't as bad defensively as some say either. His size is the main issue as stronger players can beat him more easily.

If he is back at a reasonable contract we should be thrilled, as long as the Bruins do not offer $7+ and are unable to get Krejci a real top six winger to support he and Debrusk or he and Kase.

I am not expecting Sweeney to make the changes promised and am prepared for it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't think our expectations have caught up with inflation. He earned $5.25 before, underpaid? $6.5 seems more than fair. Much more would be an issue for our team but I could see Detroit or NJ giving him $7-8 and not regretting it.

Krug would do fine as a top 3 with less defensive expectations on a young team looking for offense. He truly isn't as bad defensively as some say either. His size is the main issue as stronger players can beat him more easily.

If he is back at a reasonable contract we should be thrilled, as long as the Bruins do not offer $7+ and are unable to get Krejci a real top six winger to support he and Debrusk or he and Kase.

I am not expecting Sweeney to make the changes promised and am prepared for it.

NJ is already on the hook with Subban at 9M so
no way they pay Krug 7/8.

They would be more interested in Lauzon or Carlo.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Idk where people would put Lauzon say no Krug and Chara retires and takes a coaching position.

Dillon/Mac
Grizz/Carlo
Lauzon/Clifton

idk bout anyone else but I hope they don’t spend tons of $$$$ on D I wanna see what Vaak and Zborril can do.
This dee looks pretty weak to me.
Dillon is not a first pairing dee.
I rate our dee as follows:
1st pair - Mac and blank
2nd pair - Carlo and blank
3rd pair - lots to choose from here, Cliffy/Lauzon/Vaak/Zboril/Gryz
We need a #1 to go with Mac and a #2 to play with Carlo.
If OEL lands here and I am all for it, as long we pay him no more than 6.5 a year and do not have to give up a first rounder or a top 6 forward, or top 2 dee, he can play with Mac.
I would not be comfortable seeing Vaak and Zboril in the line up every night, play one of them and keep the other as the 7th dee and rotate them.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I thought Krugs rights was getting traded. We are going into day four with zero info. False report

I don't it will happen until tomorrow

I would be surprised if nothing happened

The Bruins can't afford to and should not pay Krug higher than approx 6.5 million per season

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If I was a team interested, I wouldn’t give the Bruins anything. I would wait. Krug is going to see what’s out there no matter what. Why waste a pick.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

Dillon/Mac
Grizz/Carlo
Lauzon/Clifton

I don't want to spend a lot on D, but your 3rd pair would be too inexperienced. I like the idea of adding Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad