Player Discussion Torey Krug V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hope he stays, in his own way the kid is a warrior and an leader. Well respected by his teammates as he stands up for them despite his size and is our QB on the power play. Something no dee has shown yet. Miller should be included in any package deal. He is duplicated by Clifton and we have more young dee ready. Get something for him before he walks for free.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
6x7,75 per. Look at all the comparibles. It’s a fair deal for both sides. Krug tales1-2 years less and paid more. Get it done

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- One of the best in the league at what he does, especially in the playoffs

- Warrior and leader on and off the ice

- Fully cemented in the chemistry of the core group

- Loves the area and has stated numerous times how he wants to stay

Krug better be a Boston Bruin for a long time or this world just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I have to think they'll find a way to re-up him long term. I'd hate to see how they'd be doing this year without him. He's the most potent offensive threat they have after the top line. He drives the powerplay. I like Grzelcyk, McAvoy and the Providence guys, but none have the elite vision and passing ability to QB the power like Krug. He's possibly the best PP QB in the league right now. That's not a guy you can easily replace.

I also think management views him as the next wave of leadership once Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, etc. are gone. He seems to be extremely respected in the room. He just seems like the kind of guy you'd want the younger players to emulate.

I don't think they'll let him walk. If they didn't think they could get it done they probably would have moved him in the offseason. My main concerns are:
1) How do they manage the cap to make him fit? Will they be able to move Backes to create additional room? It will be tight to resign Krug, Coyle, Debrusk, Grzelcyk and to find a suitable replacement for Halak but doable if they can shed some money. They'll have a lot of flexibility in the offseason but they may need to make a hard decision on who they keep and who they move on from.
2) What term will he demand? He'll be 29 by the end of this season. I'd be extremely wary to sign him to an 8 year deal at that age. Not everyone ages as gracefully as Bergeron and Chara, it's very rare. It could come back to bite them in a few years. I'd push hard for shorter term if I was Sweeney. 6 years would be okay I think.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’ll bet money that if Krug does sign an extension it will be under what Bergeron makes per year. That’s because Krug gets it and understands what this team is building and the respect he has for Bergeron. I know Krejci makes more but Bergy is the ceiling and Krug will respect that and sign for that or less per leaving money on the table. If he signs.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I’ll bet money that if Krug does sign an extension it will be under what Bergeron makes per year. That’s because Krug gets it and understands what this team is building and the respect he has for Bergeron. I know Krejci makes more but Bergy is the ceiling and Krug will respect that and sign for that or less per leaving money on the table. If he signs.
I personally wouldn't bet on it. But nothing is impossible.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I have to think they'll find a way to re-up him long term. I'd hate to see how they'd be doing this year without him. He's the most potent offensive threat they have after the top line. He drives the powerplay. I like Grzelcyk, McAvoy and the Providence guys, but none have the elite vision and passing ability to QB the power like Krug. He's possibly the best PP QB in the league right now. That's not a guy you can easily replace.

I also think management views him as the next wave of leadership once Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, etc. are gone. He seems to be extremely respected in the room. He just seems like the kind of guy you'd want the younger players to emulate.

I don't think they'll let him walk. If they didn't think they could get it done they probably would have moved him in the offseason. My main concerns are:
1) How do they manage the cap to make him fit? Will they be able to move Backes to create additional room? It will be tight to resign Krug, Coyle, Debrusk, Grzelcyk and to find a suitable replacement for Halak but doable if they can shed some money. They'll have a lot of flexibility in the offseason but they may need to make a hard decision on who they keep and who they move on from.
2) What term will he demand? He'll be 29 by the end of this season. I'd be extremely wary to sign him to an 8 year deal at that age. Not everyone ages as gracefully as Bergeron and Chara, it's very rare. It could come back to bite them in a few years. I'd push hard for shorter term if I was Sweeney. 6 years would be okay I think.
The possibility of another deep cup run could very well force the Bruins to gamble on letting Krug walk IF they can't agree on a contract. Bruins could also trade Krug's rights after the cup run, all is not lost.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

They need to do everything they can to keep Krug and Coyle.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Totally agree with you that’s why I think they give him more for 6 years

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
krug has grown on me the past year. the guy runs our power play.
defensively he has improved alot.
grizz gets traded this season for a forward if we sign krug i think.

aguineapig

After Raymond headed West to strike gold, an ongoing audition was held for PP QB. Weinrich, Slegr, Gonchar, Mara, Morris amongst them. Wideman was the most successful but was well .... he was Wides. Traded for Kaberle and true he has a ring but the PP was not the reason Z raised the Cup. Brought in Joe Corvo but it was soon Joe Gotta go, and Star Search still on. So we bring in a pint size college free agent with a bowl headed hair cut that looked like he just got out of eighth grade and it took a few years but now we have the top PP in the league. And he runs it. So if he goes who steps in ? Maybe Charlie Mac , but he is still learning. Anybody got Corvo's phone number?

Reactions: whitetape and PB37

BruinsNetwork

D

Don't you find that a little strange, your source tell you the same story Krug said in a radio interview the week before.

I would've been impessed if it was a week before. But a week after...

I will be better next time so I can impress your highness.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The tweet says the same thing as the interview, only difference...the tweet came a week after... the "Bummer" comment was right after the tweet. Maybe the problem is the source of the tweet itself. :dunno:

Or maybe the real problem is the ungrateful shit who has an issue with the tweet.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Couldn’t disagree with you more

How awful that Boston wants to sign one of the best offensive defensemen in the game right now to a contract extension.

Different strokes for different folks. I'd like them to move him for a piece(s) or I'd like them to use him as their own rental and let him walk. I'm scared about the term and number. I'd prefer to move on. I recognize he's a good player, but just personally I don't want to give him 5+ years and 7+ MIL

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'm worried about this extension. Spectacular, heart and soul player, but Krug will be 29 when he signs. A max term deal takes him to 37. We've seen how quickly guys in their 30's can fall off, and Krug isn't the fastest guy to begin with. If he's leaving money on the table then you would think the trade off would be term. It would have to be one sweetheart of a deal to get him for under $7m and under 7 years.

But let's say they pull it off and sign Krug, does that make Vaakanainen expendable? Krug locked in. Gryz is going to be affordable and proved he can handle top4 minutes last year. Plus you still have Lauzon to pair with Clifton in the 3rd pair, and Moore as insurance. Vaak cold be that piece that lands a big fish at the deadline. Like Brannstrom last year.

BruinsNetwork

I'm worried about this extension. Spectacular, heart and soul player, but Krug will be 29 when he signs. A max term deal takes him to 37. We've seen how quickly guys in their 30's can fall off, and Krug isn't the fastest guy to begin with. If he's leaving money on the table then you would think the trade off would be term. It would have to be one sweetheart of a deal to get him for under $7m and under 7 years.

But let's say they pull it off and sign Krug, does that make Vaakanainen expendable? Krug locked in. Gryz is going to be affordable and proved he can handle top4 minutes last year. Plus you still have Lauzon to pair with Clifton in the 3rd pair, and Moore as insurance. Vaak cold be that piece that lands a big fish at the deadline. Like Brannstrom last year.

Krug being signed definitely creates flexibility to trade prospects. Don’t think Vaakanainen is as valuable as Brannstrom, but I would absolutely move him tomorrow for the right player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad