Value of: TOR-VGK Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
This deal makes no sense for either team but vegas is giving up a little more then they are getting. Their is a reason both fans bases think its a horrible deal.
if this offer was on the table I'd consider it from Toronto's end even if it's a ton of moving parts, but I can't see why Vegas would
here's the deal dealers

mark my words

Toronto's defence isn't in as bad shape as the narrative goes, this will become more apparent as the season wears on
agree with that, there's been some minor improvements that should add up to a big swing for the Leafs D corps: Polak was not re-signed (18 mins a night of NHL caliber defense in place of Polak should have almost the impact of getting a proper partner for Rielly), Tavares+two of Kapanen/Johnsson/Leivo in place of Bozak+JVR+a shell of Komarov should yield similar offense with a much improved possession game, a year of progress towards prime performance for Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Rielly/Dermott should bode well for good possession and playing less defense, Zaitsev has a good chance to be the player he was in his first year if he's healthy which is a marked upgrade from what he was last year

I still think we're a top pairing RHD away from the ideal, but there should be a lot less pressure on the defense this year

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Replacement-level players are a diamond dozen in the doggy-dog world of the HF trade forum.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think it should be a tad bit more simple. By the way, I am doing this in McPhee's perspective.

Toronto:
Theodore
2nd 2019
Lindberg
Conditional 1st 2020 if William Nylander signs an extension at least three years
Conditional 2nd 2020 if he signs an extension longer than six years

Vegas:
Nylander

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
what an insane, crazy assumption that being left exposed means the team doesn't think much of you.
Considering how intent you seem to be to make discourse based capital on discrediting the value of the Vegas players based on their expansion draft status, I don't think it's that crazy.

Last edited:

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
As a sharks fan I wholly support this proposal as it would decimate Vegas. But I don't think they are that dumb.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think it should be a tad bit more simple. By the way, I am doing this in McPhee's perspective.

Toronto:
Theodore
2nd 2019
Lindberg
Conditional 1st 2020 if William Nylander signs an extension at least three years
Conditional 2nd 2020 if he signs an extension longer than six years

Vegas:
Nylander

That is entirely too much from vegas.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
:leafs
Reilly Smith
Shea Theodore
Colin Miller
Nate Schmidt

:vegas
William Nylander
Jake Gardiner
Nikita Zaitsev
Ron Hainsey

Who needs to add?

I say this every year: No team that thinks itself a contender is going to make a deal to downgrade itself at D.

That should answer your question.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm a Leaf fan, I agree. Nylander is the best piece in the deal, but 4 of the next 5 best pieces are coming from Vegas. It's also the top half of Vegas' defense corps that's getting traded, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that no team has ever traded their 3 best defensemen in one deal, especially one coming off a cup appearance

anyway, lots of bad takes from the Leafs side in this thread
An honest fan.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
too many moving parts

nylander isn't going for a lesser dman +

3 of these guys werent even protected in the expansion draft a year ago.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
too many moving parts

nylander isn't going for a lesser dman +

3 of these guys werent even protected in the expansion draft a year ago.
Clearly means they suck

I love how when Vegas is doing well and winning games: the NHL granted the Knights a superteam with favorable draft rules.

When the players from favorable draft rules are brought up in trade proposals: they weren't protected by their teams so they aren't that great.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The funniest part about this thread is the leafs fans saying no.

The only negative for them is they get older upfront. They aren't losing any production.
But in the process get 3 top 4 defensemen to add to Morgan Rielly. What an absolute joke.
Vegas gets bent over the washing machine.

Reactions: WhatWhat

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
IMO the Leafs downgrade their defense here and for the low low price of downgrading from Nylander to Smtih.

Dubas politely declines but thanks you for the interest. Perhaps in the future there will be more of an appetite to move Nylander and values can be discussed then.
DOWNGRADES their defense? can you please stop fisting my asshole.
I can not believe how delusional some leaf fans are. Who in their right mind take Hainsey, Zaitsev, and Gardnier over Nate, Theodore, and Miller. That is the literal definition of a direct upgrade. In terms of contract, age, talent and just about every category possible.

I am actually speechless someone can believe that.

Edit: I get not wanting to deal Nylander. I think some fans are overreacting, but I get it. But holy shit you actually think the defense side of the deal is bad for the leafs. You're telling me that if Smith and Nylander were removed, you'd still say no.

Honestly its just confusing. How someone could lack objectivity to such a degree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad